Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Doesn't 4 cities seem incredibly low?

Also is there any confirmation we can walk around and decorate the inside of our spaceships? That would be a major disappoint to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think the planets will use good enough smoke and mirrors for 99% of players except crazy people who will try and circumvent every planet to prove it's just a video game or something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I was just thinking that, if you used the mining laser on someone, instead of valuable minerals and gemstones it should place all their internal organs in your inventory :v:

More and more I want to play as a Reaver from Firefly.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'd be nice if there were radiant quests and little things randomized on the rando planets, but I wasn't really expecting it.

There isn't enough resources to lovingly handcraft one thousand unique planets for a video game so in a giant space game it's either procedural generated areas or Outer Worlds.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

There is no Starfield, is there? It was just a mean prank.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mylan posted:

Except for the main plot seems to revolve around how you're one of the few special people that can safely collect the mysterious ancient relics of power or whatever. Gives me a Dragonborn kinda feel. Wouldn't surprise me if your character has secret Jedi DNA or something to explain why you have sci-fi themed video game abilities that the NPCs don't.

One of the traits shown was "alien DNA" so they're gonna have something like that.

Also I hope they have biotics or magic or VATS or something because I suck at FPS and I need some kind of help/cheat.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Starfield not showing up on the xbox store yet??

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

External Organs posted:

Huh? It doesn't release until, what, March?

I was told 11.11.22.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

External Organs posted:

Do you see that lasagna? You can eat it

Can you mod out Mondays?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I don't love the idea of being stuck in a spacesuit most places I go. It makes sense, but feels limiting.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm glad they're still pursuing romance. Four, huh? I'm guessing either one straight and one gay man and woman, or one straight man, one straight woman, one bisexual woman, and one non binary person?

Actually, I don't think the companions in fallout 4 cared about or recognized your gender, so maybe that's one of the changes?

Were people wearing space suits in the scenes in the main city?

Four doesn't sound like a lot either way.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Epi Lepi posted:

Can’t believe people are still saying this in TYoOL 2022.

I only play games on my PC and only type things up on my console.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The Titanic posted:

I love the switch and controller games. I like Skyrim because how great it is with a controller, and to a lesser extent even fallout. I liked how with vats I could be a terrible fps player but still get some good fun and feel like an expert at times even with substandard reflexes and an innate inability to line up a headshot for anything.

I hope there is something like vats in this game too because I want an rpg not a call of duty game.

I really hope so too. I have a hard enough time WITH the vats. It being pure FPS would kill me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cavauro posted:

a large percentage of elder scrolls fans in their 50s and some in their 40s will not see another one after 6

I'm in my 40s and not in great health so I'm genuinely just hoping to see Starfield! ES6 seems petty unlikely.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Merry Deciever posted:

Ah, nevermind, I'm dumb

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING, MERRY DECIEVER?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm not really keeping up with the increasing gameplay clips that are coming out - have we seen any combat mechanic besides fallout 4 era gunplay?

Good news few to zero gameplay clips have come out. I'm having a hard time picturing what this game is really going to be like.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I said come in! posted:

He over promises stuff, and people feel like his hype comes across as insincere. He isn't a very charismatic person, and I think nowadays in general people are just tired of corporate mouth pieces and have a distrust of it because it all feels like carefully crafted PR and manipulation. People want to see gameplay, not an employee trying to appeal to us as if they are our friend who is hyped for this game alongside us. Keep the whole thing entirely transactional and leave it at that. Its cool for game devs to have some boundaries, Todd Howard is not my friend and I don't care about him.

Well you talk about him like a girlfriend who broke your heart.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jack B Nimble posted:

To pile on the misery, if Skyrim is any indication, modding will happen within a certain framework and "use a whole rear end joy stick to fly the ship" is probably going to be happening years after mods that do things like rebalance numbers and add new assets.

I can't wait for the Star Trek mods.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm fine with the gunplay as long as they have VATS or something for the dumb babies like me who can't shoot good.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I crave all the pointless poo poo like a place to display your weapons. I'm going to make a table just for sandwiches also.

There's a weird disconnect between the grandiose 2001/Star Trek: The Motion Picture highbrow spectacle and the punching Space Punk in the dick, but I think I'm here for it.

Habitat building and ship modding is so very much what I've always wanted.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Perestroika posted:

I gotta say, having a large, customizable ship that you can walk around in and see the crew doing their thing in is very much my poo poo. Doubly so since boarding appears to be a thing.

I've only managed to catch part of the presentation on the side, have they said much yet when it comes to something like a central hook? Like Oblivion with its gates, Skyrim with the Dragons, some sort of core unifying story element and perhaps mechanic?

Not only boarding ships you disable but taking them to add to your "fleet". I'm taking over this backwater galaxy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So that premium edition includes first day dlc?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I said come in! posted:

Yes, story expansion, cosmetics, and five day early access.

Jerks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I said come in! posted:

Right, to clarify, you are just pre-ordering the story expansion.

Ah okay that's not as bad.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think they said switching out from a fighter to a huge freighter to run cargo missions.

It's probably too much to hope that all your ships can exist physically at the same time instead of just in a selection menu. I'd love to have a giant junkyard of all the ships I've stolen.

dr_rat posted:

I believe they specifically said it's a thing, as well as running contraband. Be interested to see if it's as wonderfully broken as Smithing/enchanting.

Don't be a coward Todd just let us break the economy!

There was some kind of cargo notification in the cockpit when you request planet landing that looked like you would be scanned for contraband so there's probably some smuggling skill or secret compartment on your ship where you need to hide the stolen stuff.\

That detail looked really cool to me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

8one6 posted:

Found this comparison from before and after the delay

Is the second one during the Canadian wildfires?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Game Pass let me download the Old Mars skin pack. :)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BULBASAUR posted:

I don't hate that they didn't bother with things games like star citizen do well (taking off / landing on planets, atmospheric flight, land vehicles, etc).

So you land, the game generates stuff nearby, and you go do those things on foot. I think the real question is how repetitive that content will feel after 100+ hours. Abandoned mining base with pirates can only have so many layouts etc

I dunno "cave" and "barrow" kept me pretty entertained in Skyrim.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

marktheando posted:

i hope you can join the space snake cultists, i'm not sure i like the choice between being a fascist starfleet grunt or a libertarian space cowboy

The showcase was such a tonal whiplash between 2001-esque awe-inspiring space vistas to punching Space Punks off of things to sweeping Star Trek music over shots of wonder and discovery to encountering the cult of snake people. Potentially great game.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Look, Bethesda should be able to re-use all of their old stuff and still be working on a modified version of the same engine they were using 25 years ago OR they can take a decade to make a game. They shouldn't be allowed to do both!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I think it's funny that every QA team in Microsoft are currently working on Starfield like some epic battle between the unstoppable force of one of the biggest tech companies on the planet vs. the immovable load bearing bugs of a Bethesda game.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I think you need the giant number of planets even if nothing is on them and no one goes there. The background needs to feel expansive even if you don't actually investigate it. Otherwise you get Outer Worlds which feels like a small village not a massive solar system.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I just played Fallout 4 and while I really liked that part I was baffled by this like 3 hour unskipable puzzle game just popping out of nowhere in my shooting RPG.

Did people hate that when it came out? I imagine it was hated.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Snake cultists in space suits.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Aphex- posted:

Todd told me last night that you'll be able to download your ship as a 3d printer file to print out and kiss it every day.

You see that ship? You can kiss it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Phobeste posted:

Everybody please PLEASE make sure that the ship wants to kiss you as well, and honestly think very deeply about whether a relationship with such deep power imbalances - you literally CONTROL the ship - can possibly be considered ethical.

Ship kissing has been patched out due to consent concerns. Shipping community in shambles.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dorkopotamis posted:

Resist incel pressure. Codify ability to kiss ship into latest build of Starfield. Let us kiss our ship

#loveislove

I'll start the change.org petition...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

dr_rat posted:

Worf usually did give pretty solid advice as far as what to do if you didn't want to get killed went.

Putting you're shields up isn't being hostile it's called being careful!

You don't want to appear provocative!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

marktheando posted:

Alexander has a klingon dad and a half-klingon mother, how many dicks does he have? One and a half?

Alexander is clearly dickless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Can you hang truck nutz on your ship?