Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragofire32
Apr 16, 2022

Total Nerd
Hello,
Jumping into the streamer life style with a Transport Fever2 Let's Play. It's a custom map from the steam workshop with tons of asset mods and light game mechanic mods. Watch me fumble through the ages implementing fun networks! Episode one has awful fan noise because of my big bulging brain. The next few episodes are better.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrhoyDYqYogfPo5wzEHus8eLgdadY_lj6

I am brand new to this (it shows) but please let me know what yall think!

Dragofire32 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro
I'm not hugely familiar with Transport Fever - would you mind explaining some of the gameplay? Is it mostly just logistics networks and trying to make them as efficient as possible?

Dragofire32
Apr 16, 2022

Total Nerd

Althalin posted:

I'm not hugely familiar with Transport Fever - would you mind explaining some of the gameplay? Is it mostly just logistics networks and trying to make them as efficient as possible?

Well Althalin,
Transport Fever is a sandbox tycoon game. You can play it anyway you want by modifying settings. You can hone in on efficiency if you like, building temples to the infrastructure gods with tunnels cutting through miles of hills or bridges spanning entire oceans in the name of efficiency. Or if you lack control in your life you can pretend it is your own world to build and support (that is a rip of from an American dad episode)

Or you can be like me. Wishing desperately to bring comprehensive transportation to the masses all the while watching the dollar dollar bills stack up in the account. A tycoon capable of forging an entire region into an industrial power house. Dragging it kicking and screaming into modernity for some sick ego stroking quest of money and power! That and watching the trains roll by each other is pretty neat.

It is up to you!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Wait, thread from today already with 7 episodes? Seems mighty suspicious.

Dragofire32
Apr 16, 2022

Total Nerd

Pierzak posted:

Wait, thread from today already with 7 episodes? Seems mighty suspicious.

I had recorded them all previously and uploaded 4 of them last night. (I don't think 6 and 7 are in HD I just uploaded them to youtube lol) I have had an account for awhile but mostly for lurking in the forums. But I understand. I am hoping to get into some detailing later this week after work and submit some images later. Or the thread fades into obscurity...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dragofire32 posted:

I had recorded them all previously and uploaded 4 of them last night. (I don't think 6 and 7 are in HD I just uploaded them to youtube lol) I have had an account for awhile but mostly for lurking in the forums. But I understand. I am hoping to get into some detailing later this week after work and submit some images later. Or the thread fades into obscurity...
Recording them ahead of time is fine - what's a problem is if you first uploaded them for a youtube audience and then decide to dump them all here. I can see you didn't do that, so don't worry.

However, nobody is going to take the time to go watch 7 updates at once.

You really need to pace them out.

I suggest you take a little step back and do the following.

- It never hurts to first make a test post in the sandcastle. I suggest you pick one video out of the ones you already recorded, preferably one that is a good indication of your LP style, and ask for general feedback. If there's anything in particular in the videos you're not sure about yourself, ask about it there as well. People usually give insightful feedback there.
- Invest some time in making a good OP (original post, the first post in the thread). Explain, in text, what the game is about, why you decided to show off this game in particular, and what your LP brings to the table. It will help people decide if they want to watch it.
- Then, start posting videos in the thread, but, importantly, pace them out a bit. Opinions differ but personally I prefer at least three days between videos. That way people with busy lives have time to keep up, and it also helps if you want people in the thread to discuss the game and your LP (which I feel is the point of making a thread in the first place).

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I think that you're just dumping your playlist link here and mass uploading videos to it without engaging any further, I'm just not sure what you're expecting from this.

If I was you take the advice from Carbon dioxide. I'd also lurk some more and check out other threads to get an idea of how people create and update their LP's.

There's no issue mass recording videos in advance, you can do your LP in any way you want too. It's just that you've paid money for this message board and using it as a platform to show off your LP and engage with the people here. What kind of engagement are you expecting from a playlist dump already containing seven videos without even an outline of what the game actually is? I think you need to take a step back and have a think about what you're trying to achieve here.