Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

We’ll have an update on that very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
writing all my resumes in thread-puller

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does “non-commercial use” in this case mean that I can’t sell the generated images, or does it mean that I’m not allowed to use the fonts in slides at work? Kinda ready to cement my reputation as “that guy”.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I think I'm getting to the end of act 3, but I cant seem to play for more than 30 minutes at a time. the main themes of power imbalance are too frustrating for me, personally, given how they remind me of the world we are forced to live in. I think that's kind of the point, given the other main themes of tradition, but it's not very fun to sit through for long periods. part of me would like to do another playthrough but I think it's unlikely I will.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

rope kid posted:

We’ll have an update on that very soon.

Nice! Not that I'm ungrateful, I just want more of this game in whatever form I can get it.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I can't wait for the MS Word marginalia patch!

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

antidote posted:

More importantly, when can I get the vinyl?

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1697054402753036623

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm not a Vinyl guy but goddamn that looks gorgeous.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

i think I’m a vinyl guy now?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Looks :krad:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Haha, looks like my timing wasn't too bad! This looks so fantastic, wow! I'm really excited for this.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

i think I’m a vinyl guy now?

Never a wrong time to start. :)

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Soup's on:

https://gear.xbox.com/products/pentiment-vinyl-soundtrack

E: Tragically they are all sold out. Please click the "Notify Me When Available" button to help give us a sense of what the demand is for more copies. Sorry/thank you.

rope kid fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 31, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Boo, missed it. But Xbox, are these really frequently bought together?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
It's showing as in stock to me, but it'll be £30 delivery to the UK (also got the mug and playing cards in my basket). Any possibility of it being available from a local distributor here?

edit: it would help if I went to the actual UK site - £20 cheaper there.

Carpet fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 31, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I just got a notification, I guess they found more?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
8 left in stock as of now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's a real pretty piece of kit.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I still sort of hate this game for how miserably upset I was re: Andreas's son. Like why the gently caress did you do that to me.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I know right Caspar was such a little sweetheart

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

rope kid posted:

Soup's on:

https://gear.xbox.com/products/pentiment-vinyl-soundtrack

E: Tragically they are all sold out. Please click the "Notify Me When Available" button to help give us a sense of what the demand is for more copies. Sorry/thank you.

Aww man what the heck. :mad:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Somehow I’m just finding out Lingua Ignota is on the soundtrack

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I still sort of hate this game for how miserably upset I was re: Andreas's son. Like why the gently caress did you do that to me.

Yeah, it was a fantastic karate chop square in the emotional kidneys. Very well written.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That moment when Andreas' memory of his son says good night to him goddamn that was both beautiful and also a total emotional gutpunch.

No Dignity posted:

I know right Caspar was such a little sweetheart

This too!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I finished this today. What an experience.

I accused Ferenc, not surprised to learn that he's the most accused - lots of evidence pointing to him and he's a bit of a lovely guy. He absolutely didn't do it though and I felt awful immediately. I protected Matilda and didn't have anything on Lucky or Ottilia at all. Then in act II I was 80% sure I was accusing Guy up until almost the last minute when I flipped on Hanna. Just couldn't get over how chill she was when Lenhardt outright asked if she did it. Am I right in thinking the end of act II plays out the same no matter who gets the finger? It feels a bit like they wrote Hanna's one first. It makes sense for Lenhardt to react that way about her, less so maybe about the others, but I haven't seen it. Next time.

Didn't remotely clock the Thread-Puller, one of my favourite moments was her text turning purple with that little sting used for the notes. So cool. What a cool game. I'm going to replay it once I recover from this playthrough. August, ugh :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
And did anyone else never think for a second that Andreas died? I assumed he escaped through the crypt and from there through the aqueduct and started a new life. Never assumed that he had just been hanging about there the whole time. The Poor Clare nun mentioning the ghost she saw, someone itt thought that was Amalia - for me that was the moment I began to think that Andreas was still around haunting the place.

Devastated that Caspar had to die for Andreas to live. Go through the crypt, my guy! :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Regarding that end of (Act 2/Act 3) stuff, yep I absolutely thought that Andreas was dead, and was shocked and thrilled when I realized he'd lived. It did make the explicit reveal that Caspar had died hit all the harder though :smith:

eating only apples posted:

Am I right in thinking the end of act II plays out the same no matter who gets the finger? It feels a bit like they wrote Hanna's one first. It makes sense for Lenhardt to react that way about her, less so maybe about the others, but I haven't seen it. Next time.

If you're going to play again (you should!) then don't read this: yes, the miller always gives refuge to whoever you accuse. While Hanna obviously is a special case, it does makes sense given he's got nothing but animosity towards the village. If you take him up on his offer of lunch during Act 2 you get some very specific insight into just how deep his contempt for them goes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

If you're going to play again (you should!) then don't read this: yes, the miller always gives refuge to whoever you accuse. While Hanna obviously is a special case, it does makes sense given he's got nothing but animosity towards the village. If you take him up on his offer of lunch during Act 2 you get some very specific insight into just how deep his contempt for them goes.

Sorry for the wholly spoiler'd post, but according to a medieval/renaissance lit scholar who did an lp of this, a villainous miller is a very common trope in stories of this era.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

eating only apples posted:

I finished this today. What an experience.

I accused Ferenc, not surprised to learn that he's the most accused - lots of evidence pointing to him and he's a bit of a lovely guy.
There is a lot of evidence pointing to Ferenc but I also feel that there is a rather big piece of evidence pointing to his innocence, namely his letter to the Baron. He wouldn't have left it on the Baron's table if he had planned to kill him, it would make him a prime suspect!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Samovar posted:

Sorry for the wholly spoiler'd post, but according to a medieval/renaissance lit scholar who did an lp of this, a villainous miller is a very common trope in stories of this era.

Sawyer has explicitly said that he drew on those contemporary tropes (and their historical basis in millers’ economic and social relations to the peasants) in writing that character.

Smiling Knight fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 4, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Finally got around to playing through the end. the shackles of oppression were thrown off and we got to talk about cool roman pagan christian stuff. A+++ finale, excellent

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Cool interview here https://toucharcade.com/2023/10/18/...anics-and-more/

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://x.com/jesawyer/status/1715421687259554075?s=20

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This was really cool

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah great read, and while it's still unlikely I'm glad to hear PoE 3 is still technically a possibility :shobon:

Hard to believe Pentiment came out almost a year ago now, I went in primed to like it but God it just became an obsession to play, it was so loving good.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
My girlfriend and I played Pentiment over our Christmas break and you better believe we broke out our own Lebkuchen when Father Gernot shared some during one of the act 2 meals.

Food was such a great way to highlight inequalities between the different townsfolk and church.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

This game is so goddamn good. That is all.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

this is fresh on the same leg as my dolores dei tattoo so looks like I have a theme going. artist is mama.viruz out of saigon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, that absolutely rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
That is loving gorgeous, I love it