Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xamboni
Hey BYOB, I'm in a tough place. I lost my dad unexpectedly in October to a one-in-a-million neurological condition. He was my best friend. He was 65, I'm now 33. My mom was placed on house arrest the day she called 911 to bring him into the hospital, three weeks before he died. I had gotten high before he died but do it a lot more now and I just started reading BYOB since then. I rarely post on this site but I do enjoy reading this forum because everyone's so nice and cool to each other. I know when life sucks one option is to get high and come here and it's just a nice place. It's never the first thing I do, I'm trying to take care of myself the best I can and make healthy decisions, but you know how life is. So thank you, all of you. It's good that there's a nice place on the internet to go to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

hi Xamboni, that really sucks about your dad, and i hope things start improving for you!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
welcome xamboni

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

MCMXCV

Hope things get better for you. Always terrible to lose a loved one.

xcheopis

:sympathy:

Heather Papps

hello friend

byob is here for you, if you ever really want to post about it. i have found making jokes tangentially related to my lifes struggles to be very helpful

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Hi there fellow yobber! I can't even imagine what you are going through right now, and I'm happy BYOB can provide a respite from that for you.

It sounds like you're holding it together, and if you ever think you need to talk to a professional rather than just post (although you should always :justpost:), post in BYOB or DM some yobbers and I'm sure we can help you find someone to talk to.

:sympathy:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hey Xamboni! I hope things begin looking up for you--losing your parent is never easy, and I'm very sorry for your loss. A lot of us here have had a really tough road with a lot of loss and pain, and if you ever need an ear, feel free to PM someone or :justpost: and I'm 100000% sure someone will talk with you.

I'm glad you came to BYOB, new friend. Welcome. :glomp:

Twenty Four

Bacon Taco posted:

if you ever think you need to talk to a professional

Yeah if you need to talk to a professional, I'm here for you. Well I'm not a mental health professional, but I've held an unrelated job before. I'm not even qualified for most things. In fact I'm not even currently employed. I like being nice, making jokes, having fun and listening, so, if that helps, I've got ya! Best wishes!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
hello friend! many of us found ourselves here after Stuff, and it's not a bad place to be at all. :)

Having posted, and not only that but a thread, you have satisfied our One Great Rule, and this place and all you see are now yours

nut

Manifisto

welcome friend, and sorry for your loss

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Hey. I don't have anything to add really but that sounds really rough. I hope you are keeping your head above water and are taking care of yourself!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
word

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Postim pals

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

sup xamboni, i hope things start looking up fir you soon

deep dish peat moss

Someone tell me what I can draw this young orb as an avatar

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

deep dish peat moss posted:

Someone tell me what I can draw this young orb as an avatar

Have you ever seen a Jabroni... from PLANET X??

Riding a Zamboni, which is a machine used in ice skating rinks to smooth and clean the ice surface??

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

deep dish peat moss

I got extremely sick yesterday and was pukin' all day but today I'm going to draw a xamboni

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I can’t draw, but if I could I’d draw a good king, riding on a xamboni.

peace and love to you, yobber. and sincere condolences :hug:

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

deep dish peat moss

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

:vince:

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Areola Grande

I get the feeling the OP forgot about their thread :(

Rick
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sorry that happened OP I'm glad these people helped.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.
Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

I get the feeling the OP forgot about their thread :(

That's okay IMHO. At least they just posted. Also it probably helped getting some stuff off their chest.

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

That's okay IMHO. At least they just posted. Also it probably helped getting some stuff off their chest.

Xamboni

Xamboni
I didn't forget, I promise! I haven't been on SA for a few weeks but things are getting better. I was in a particularly dark place that night but am making some positive changes. Appreciate all of you

Areola Grande

Xamboni posted:

I didn't forget, I promise! I haven't been on SA for a few weeks but things are getting better. I was in a particularly dark place that night but am making some positive changes. Appreciate all of you

u are welcome here bud :c2b:

Twenty Four

Xamboni posted:

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Xamboni posted:

Glad to see you back, and glad to hear you're doing better.

Post when you can. We'd like to hear from you.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!