Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I didn't really give a poo poo about Duckman but he made The Critic? That is a tragedy

Well except when they tried to being the critic back in internet form in like 2000 which was the real tragedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Should've watched Howard the Duck instead

Critic was great and weirdly prophetic (there's an episode where the newspapers kinda predict the Conan/Leno late night poo poo, and of course there's the episode where Duke runs for President), and Duckman was surprisingly poignant at times for how ugly and terrible the show and most of the cast was. Of course, the voice acting was on point, but the writing made the show hit as hard as it did. Would love to watch the entire series at some point since I've only watched some random episodes here and there.

They should remake the Critic again imo, I doubt Jon Lovitz has anything better going on and it's not like it really matters that the rest of the voice cast is dead or whatever.

But they tried! It was online in like 2000 and it was depressing and awful

Do any remakes ever turn out on par with the original show? I mean it looked like crap cause it was like flash animation but are there any examples of a show coming back and being objectively better or even on par with what it was previously?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

And loving John K and that Neverhood guy just keep on being horrible bastards.
No justice.

John K has made one successful show that actually got pulled out from under him so I wouldn't really consider him a success and more of a universally poo poo on person and a joke

I don't know what Neverhood is

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh that guy. Yeah I'm familiar with the name but not with his weirdness in terms of personality. Also I recognize the cover art for Neverhood but never played or seen gameplay for it. What exactly are his idiot opinions or rants

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ah he's one of those dudes who supposedly created groundbreaking work in the early-mid 90s but is also rigidly bigoted against other stuff. Like what hilarious weiners do you have to be to pretend you're progressive and then just take a poo poo all over your own face

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean that's not just a 90s thing it's also Frank Miller and R. crumb and probably farther back than that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Caesar Saladin posted:

9/11 really exploded his brain. I think came to his senses and apologised for writing it but holy moly its an insane book.

He did? Honestly that's kind of shocking I've never heard of that. The apology part I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ok. That's kind of redeeming. Every one goes nuts at some point I'm glad he at least realized it