Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't know what Neverhood is

Doug TenNapel created Earthworm Jim too, he's a giant chud piece of poo poo, has been for over 20 years, and really likes letting everyone know about it. Constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh that guy. Yeah I'm familiar with the name but not with his weirdness in terms of personality. Also I recognize the cover art for Neverhood but never played or seen gameplay for it. What exactly are his idiot opinions or rants

Well he really, really, really, really loving hates gay people for starters. Very vocal about how cool and good, actually, Donnie Two-Scoops was. Your average chud poo poo, he's just been doing it since the Bush years when it became fringe-cool for fascists to scream about being oppressed.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 19, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Frank Miller's descent into madness and violent racism still makes me very sad. I was with a Palestinian girl when he published that awful piece of poo poo that DC told him to gently caress off with, and it pretty much nuked him for me.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

He did? Honestly that's kind of shocking I've never heard of that. The apology part I mean

Yeah, same. But I guess he did recant, and own it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/27/frank-miller-xerxes-cursed-sin-city-the-dark-knight-returns

Frank Miller posted:

“My stuff always represents what I’m going through,” Miller says today. “Whenever I look at any of my work I can feel what my mindset was and I remember who I was with at the time. When I look at Holy Terror, which I really don’t do all that often, I can really feel the anger ripple out of the pages. There are places where it is bloodthirsty beyond belief.”

Does he have any regrets? “I don’t want to go back and start erasing books I did,” he replies. “I don’t want to wipe out chapters of my own biography. But I’m not capable of that book again.”

It’s worth noting that whatever his detractors may think of his politics, Miller still happily inveighs against “white, heterosexual family values” and has no interest in defending his views on Occupy Wall Street. “I wasn’t thinking clearly,” he confesses. Does he support Donald Trump? “Real men stay bald,” he says with a grin, lifting his hat to run a hand over his bare scalp.