Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
https://goblinhoney.org/looky.html

lookit this here goblin comic what i done drawed

---
also did the cover for the next part but haven't drawn it out yet.

lastly i have the general idea for some more, when i get 'round to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
wow first gj khan

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
very very good

biosterous

fuckin incredible. so much going on on every page, this is a real treat

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Khanstant
here's a map of some of the area in case u felt lost

Twenty Four

That's really enjoyable, I love it, very nice!

That's a lot of signs and advertisements considering if I remember correctly the goblins in your universe can write but they can't read! (I know it doesn't matter, it's fun!) :)

bad guy

that owns. great job

Khanstant

Twenty Four posted:

That's really enjoyable, I love it, very nice!

That's a lot of signs and advertisements considering if I remember correctly the goblins in your universe can write but they can't read! (I know it doesn't matter, it's fun!) :)

haha yeah that's right. unless they have reading glasses on, then the glasses can tell them whatever they're looking at says, if it has words and the glasses know the language. the goblin in the "comix recap'd" billboard has on a pair of reading glasses, but it's pointless vanity since he's listening to the recaps in audio form. the glasses impair his normal vision, causing him to become regularly injured. this part of the city is also really multicultural, most other beings aren't biologically incapable of reading unassisted.

anyway, thanks for remembering that detail. i try to make this stuff as if I were going to meticulously update the wiki, and in my head a lot of throwaway details are establishing more canon implied than seen on it's own.

i made a series of magazine covers, for a magazine rack of in-universe magazines i wanna make to stick in this 3d version of the city im tryna build. this one is a magazine meant for undead peoples, and on the back is an ad for spooky candles, which ends up being about this Lich who ate the sun, in case anyone needed to know why the "sun" in the sky is actually a really big sun-like animal with sunglass and a cool grin. because the original sun got consumed by a lich for a ritual and a cool sun had to step in.

Goons Are Gifts

Holy poo poo finally the goblin saga continues I am so pumped

nut

gently caress this is good

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have been extremely busy with family obligations the past little while. i want to devote actual attention and energy to reading this so ever since this thread has been posted it's been an open tab. as soon as i have times i'm gonna sit down and read this but i also want to say ever since i saw your first goblin i thought to myself this needs to be seen, broadly. i'm glad i have an easy link to share now.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i can read things twice, did a quick read without checking every detail and paramilitary pop ops is amazing, gonna devote an actual hour to this soon.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

you are good at drawing and at other stuff

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

baka of lathspell

super good i loved the dealer's spread. is looky seein things :abrathink:

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Twenty Four

Khanstant posted:

haha yeah that's right. unless they have reading glasses on, then the glasses can tell them whatever they're looking at says, if it has words and the glasses know the language.

anyway, thanks for remembering that detail. i try to make this stuff as if I were going to meticulously update the wiki, and in my head a lot of throwaway details are establishing more canon implied than seen on it's own.

These sort of details make your goblin world so much more fun, and that's why I remember! Reading glasses not to make it easier to read, but just to make it possible is brilliant!

Khanstant
started roughing out a 3d section of Corpses Christi, including part of Crime Street Lane and the alley Looky's office is in, plus other areas from previous drawings and goblin projects (including future ones from the master plan thumbnail page)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pNeB-skaA

the streets are still a bit wide in a of spots and im still trying to feel things out. right now the roads feels too wide, this region isnt really for traffic. the "south" end outside of the map will be taken up by the Big Tex Graveyard / Fairgrounds, and the edge of the Parkin Lot Park-- imagine an absurdly large parking lot, just a boring wasteland of parking spaces and street lights, except that was a thousand years ago and now plants, sentient trees, mechanical trees, etc have grown all over it and it's a pretty and deadly wilderness area. Well, not really wilderness since plenty of people live there and its completely surrounded by city but you know, plants and poo poo!

the little rocky bit in the south is a underground feral cave zoo.

im 50% happy with the bigger landmark visibility, like the wizard tower being visible from most places. tons of buildings should end up with something ~funky~ on top of them, if they aren't just going to be more places to walk and explore around on. still not satisfied with the "covered alley" next to the giant hotel placeholder. supposed to basically be a double/triple decker street with trainspiders having laid tracks and stuff built over them over time to the point the upper levels are very stable and brighter, with the lower parts being darker and dripper.

i made the pyramid in the pocket-dunes park really big, but originally my idea was for that whole space to be a tiny joke of a park that looks like a sandbox from outside but is a huuuuge desert once you enter the sandbox (goblin built buildings often end up larger or smaller on the inside than the outside because they are so bad at measurement and scale, like me, with this desert being an extreme example). but idk, how tf would i do that even if i werent a 3d clown over his head already? how would that even look, its easy to imagine it and how it would look but lma how tf do i make that happen with 3d models and effects and programming, idk, doesnt sound fun to figure out. thats my excuse for the big pyramid, im sure everyone was going to get on my back about it but now ive explained myself plus its a prototype so like it doesnt have to be in there once i start fleshing out stuff more geez

baka of lathspell

Khanstant posted:

thats my excuse for the big pyramid, im sure everyone was going to get on my back about it but now ive explained myself plus its a prototype so like it doesnt have to be in there once i start fleshing out stuff more geez

*cancels one way business class ticket to khanstants back*

its good dude & who doesnt like a nice big pyramid

baka of lathspell

i reread it again and i like turnys characterization which confirms she doesnt do murders, she does murders

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I can't believe how good and dense this is, it rules so much

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant

baka fwocka fwame posted:

i reread it again and i like turnys characterization which confirms she doesnt do murders, she does murders

legally speaking she's "allowed" to do murders because of a loophole in the law regarding cursed sentient objects but her flimsy defense really starts falling apart when she went and bought a second cursed gavel.