Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Cool thread OP. The bibble is full of weird stuff. One of my favorites is this:

2 Kings 2:23-24 posted:

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”
24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Not one, but 2 bears. Holy overkill batman. This one below is also interesting because apparently god gets really pissed about a census and kills 70000 people just cause:

2 Samuel 24 posted:

Again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, count the people of Israel and Judah.”.

15 So the Lord sent a pestilence on Israel from that morning until the appointed time, and seventy thousand of the people died, from Dan to Beer-sheba.

And then when you read 1 Chronicles 21 it's not god that tempts David, but satan:

quote:

Satan stood up against Israel and incited David to count the people of Israel. 2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beer-sheba to Dan, and bring me a report, so that I may know their number.”

A very interesting change indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If man was made in God’s image, then that means God has a foreskin. If He hates foreskins so much maybe he should have made man without em! What a freakin JERK!!!

I KNOW RIGHT

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Isaiah 19:16 posted:

In that day the Egyptians will be like women, and tremble with fear before the hand that the LORD of hosts shakes over them.

god loving loves domestic abuse

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Nice Guy Patron posted:

Lot should've let his neighbors gently caress those angels imo.

:yeah: