Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mordja posted:

Lord knows, the guy who played Balrog didn't...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VtDBWrTV4A

Wtf is this, its like a tim and eric sketch that looped back into reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Poohs Packin posted:

Its just awful

No. No, no, no. The Addams family is hilarious and we should all aspire to not give a gently caress about what’s normal like them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The 90s movies are pure perfection. There's no way anyone could make anything better.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Valko posted:

I have never actually seen it but I have read enough comedic reviews savaging it that I could almost write the screenplay and maybe get 70% of it accurate.

Is it actually worth a watch, like in a so-bad-it's-good way? Or is it just plain bad-bad?

It's basically a live-action saturday morning cartoon so you can enjoy yourself if you keep that in mind.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mordja posted:

Lord knows, the guy who played Balrog didn't...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VtDBWrTV4A

Jfc this man is on so many levels of irony he's beyond our feeble understanding

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

there’s an addams family musical and, just to give you an idea of how wildly it misunderstands the addams family, the central conflict is that wednesday has grown up and become “normal” and is embarrassed by her family. gomez and morticia’s marriage is on the rocks. the entire family is stupid, dysfunctional, and on the verge of collapse.

oh, and there’s a very weird subplot involving the Addams family’s squid sexually assaulting the father of Wednesday’s fiancé

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

VinNYC82 posted:

Ummm my eyesight my not be the best but, Morticia is eating the guys dick and balls...right?

Yes lol
Of course

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

QuoProQuid posted:

there’s an addams family musical and, just to give you an idea of how wildly it misunderstands the addams family, the central conflict is that wednesday has grown up and become “normal” and is embarrassed by her family. gomez and morticia’s marriage is on the rocks. the entire family is stupid, dysfunctional, and on the verge of collapse.

oh, and there’s a very weird subplot involving the Addams family’s squid sexually assaulting the father of Wednesday’s fiancé

thats dumb. apparently they did that in the one animated movie. also it should be Pugsley to try being the most normal since he almost basicaly is.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tebulot posted:

Ghouls, maybe? What the gently caress are ghouls

Big Money Salvia's got you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrCh-6oNIg

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pitdragon posted:

You can find some of the original episodes on youtube. MGM's youtube channel in particular has a playlist with 15 episodes here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwwhtOnMyjuxQy81h7uJMCdsR-bS-uVaD

google movies or play or whatever their store is called now sells the original series
https://play.google.com/store/tv/show?id=EVpWuiKMuEhVFKaJXkpaPg&cdid=tvseason-Kh2paUajwJYIYNpdsvX_KQ

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
The Addamses are descended from Cenobites. That's why they talk about how much they like pain and suffering and being miserable.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ProfessorMarvel posted:

The Addamses are descended from Cenobites. That's why they talk about how much they like pain and suffering and being miserable.

Cenobite-Human hybrids

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I would like to read The Addams Family by Clive Barker.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I would like to read The Addams Family by Clive Barker.

A family member got me a deck of the Imajica CCG for Christmas because they had no idea what they were doing and I couldn't make heads or tails of it so I read those two books and it really didn't help

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Bloop posted:

A family member got me a deck of the Imajica CCG for Christmas because they had no idea what they were doing and I couldn't make heads or tails of it so I read those two books and it really didn't help

No spoilers I’m only 85% through! That’s just 20 more hours of reading!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No spoilers I’m only 85% through! That’s just 20 more hours of reading!

I couldn't even if I wanted to

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Gomez canonicaly has incredible luck. Anything he invests in will prosper, to the point of it being a superpower. In one episode he was trying on purpose to fail just to see what it's like to lose money.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Bloop posted:

I couldn't even if I wanted to

I’m sorry you don’t like it because it’s like crack to me, I can’t stop going back to it and it keeps me up at night.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Gomez canonicaly has incredible luck. Anything he invests in will prosper, to the point of it being a superpower. In one episode he was trying on purpose to fail just to see what it's like to lose money.

More evidence for my Faustian bargain theory.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’m sorry you don’t like it because it’s like crack to me, I can’t stop going back to it and it keeps me up at night.

It was a long time ago and I might try again some day

I just can't remember a single thing about it in any detail

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No. No, no, no. The Addams family is hilarious and we should all aspire to not give a gently caress about what’s normal like them.

I meant Street Fighter

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

I meant Street Fighter

Ok that makes sense I heard it was awful.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Herman Munster was a Frankenstein type monster made up from all different body parts so it entirely possible that he had the balls of a werewolf.

In fact that's the only possible explanation because their love was pure and Lily would have never been unfaithful.

:hmmyes:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Watching the street fighter is a better use of your time than sitting in traffic, but not nearly as satisfying as watching the Addams Family movies.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im actually kinda glad that they haven't made some "Addams Family Extended Universe" and origin story examining their supernatural abilities and origins. Its really better just taken at face value like yeah they're magic rich weirdos. The rug is alive, there's a man in the train dont worry about it.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Street Fighter is absolutely worth watching, and 99% of that is Raul Julia's performance.

The remaining 1% is Jean Claude Van Damme's monologue where he talks about getting in his boat kicking M. Bison's rear end so hard the next Bison-wannabe is going to feel it.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
og lurch always stole the show

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Carlos Lantana posted:

I heard that he was cremated and buried underneath a tree on the property of one of the homes he owned. The problem is they had three houses and his widow didn’t remember where she buried him. So somebody today in Los Angeles has a dead Lurch in their backyard and they probably don’t know it. Allegedly.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Carlos Lantana posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM7N2RMryM

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Those books are great. Reading them at around age 18 or 19 was my first exposure to the concept of gender non-binary. Blew my mind, maaaan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Poohs Packin posted:

I don't really get what the Addams Family are?

My totally real wife is sick and watching this movie. I guess I love it. But what are they?

Are they dead? There's a scene where they are playing with a train in the basement and there's like a whole entire person on the train reading the newspaper completely not fazed by the fact he's in a model train?

One of them is a zombie? one is a hand?

They kill each other?

Are we meant to relate to them because they are weirdos and misfits who stick together? Or is it some commentary about how old money is insular, bizarre, and death-obsessed?

Really lots of questions about The Addams Family.

fake edit: Anjelica Houston is everything tho

Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others.

lol def not expecting Hellraiser references in the Addams family thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

lol def not expecting Hellraiser references in the Addams family thread

It all ties together, though, doesn't it? They're just very chill cenobites.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Festers fancy clothes in Values make me laugh so hard

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Poohs Packin posted:

Im actually kinda glad that they haven't made some "Addams Family Extended Universe" and origin story examining their supernatural abilities and origins. Its really better just taken at face value like yeah they're magic rich weirdos. The rug is alive, there's a man in the train dont worry about it.

yeah me too https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/wednesday-addams-gets-creepy-upgrade-in-netflix-tv-series/

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i would also like to draft this girl as the newest member of the addams family https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9W7J7iW39E

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I knew as I posted it this would happen.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
How are we on page 4 and no one has posted the Thanksgiving Scene??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQqQuOO9yQ

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Poohs Packin posted:

I don't really get what the Addams Family are?

My totally real wife is sick and watching this movie. I guess I love it. But what are they?

Are they dead? There's a scene where they are playing with a train in the basement and there's like a whole entire person on the train reading the newspaper completely not fazed by the fact he's in a model train?

One of them is a zombie? one is a hand?

They kill each other?

Are we meant to relate to them because they are weirdos and misfits who stick together? Or is it some commentary about how old money is insular, bizarre, and death-obsessed?

Really lots of questions about The Addams Family.

fake edit: Anjelica Houston is everything tho

they're the exact opposite of the ideal american family OP.

they aren't middle class or hard-scrabble working class they're ludicrously aristocratic.

they aren't hard workers they've inherited all their wealth and gomez has a magic ability to make anything he invests in succeed.

they don't play baseball and drink beer with the boys while mom cooks apple pie, they grow venus fly traps and collect coffins.

they're obssessed with death and the gothic rather than picket fences and jesus and childhood innocence.

they love each other and have a healthy relationship because not a single one of those things makes them bad people. the franchise is about how not understanding something or being different doesn't make something evil. that's why in values all the native americans are the Jewish kids, handicapped kids, black kids, asian kids etc and they take over the thanksgiving scene to tell the story from the native americans perspective.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Carlos Lantana posted:

He played Thing as well, so he's double stealing the show