Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I never actually saw much of the show, but I played the poo poo out of the games as I kid. Incidentally the NES game is why Donatello is my favourite.

Grace hasn't watched or play any of them.

Anyway this game fuckin slaps

Episodes

Let's Play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Episode 1 - Mic Drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Cowabunga!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
radical!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

quote:

Can't Think Of A Thread Title

SALP: Shretupurae's Revenge

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Reaganomics!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Booyakasha!

...wait wrong continuity.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

thread title: here comes the pizza

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

biosterous posted:

thread title: here comes the pizza

:five:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Never pay full price for late pizza.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Episode 2 - Oh Double Pizza

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

That remix of the boss theme from Turtles in Time hits me right in the feels.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Panic in the Sky! song is so aggressively 80s/90s it hurts, I love it so much.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Sanguinia posted:

Reaganomics!

Profanity like this is not permitted on these forums, or indeed anywhere.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I like that they let you play as Splinter and April in this.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I hope that this isn't a spoiler, but just in case I will put it in spoiler tags. It has to do with the 'tiers' for characters:

So, the general consensus online and my own personal experience is that Mike and Raph are the best characters in the game. I prefer Mike, but Raph is very good and at the top in most peoples' lists, with O'Neal coming in high as well. Leo, not surprisingly is a solid middle-ground, while Don is considered one of the worst along with Splinter. I have to think that this was deliberate based on how Don was god-tier in the original NES game while Mike & Raphael were rubbish. Basically, speed is king in this game and reach isn't that big of deal. Don has great reach, but only medium power and is slow. Splinter also has poor speed. Mike and April are both very fast, but Mike has a better overall move set; his rising attack is really great. Raph has short range, but that doesn't matter that much. He's medium speed but hits hard and his specials are fantastic. Also, his basic throw is a Kurt Angle-style German suplex; how can you not love that?

No-one is really bad, but speed = good in this game it seems.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Episode 3 - Stuck In The Air

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

JustJeff88 posted:

I hope that this isn't a spoiler, but just in case I will put it in spoiler tags. It has to do with the 'tiers' for characters:

To continue this, I would say (obviously) that [spoiler] Casey just makes Don and Leo redundant. His move set isn't great, but he's effectively A second Raph. I really like April, but with that said, my Wife plays Mike as it's her favorite turtle so I defer him to her.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You guys don't have to worry about spoilers for stuff like that :v: it's interesting to read, mind you Grace and I will always be "I'm brute forcing the game as the character I like" kind of people

Every pokemon game I play always winds up with my team being Sylveon and five random pokemon that need levels

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The frog guys like Rasputin were a thing in the old cartoon, at least. They made kind of a big deal about these new frog characters, and I remember getting the toy of one of them. It had a pair of sunglasses that kind of sat okay on its head but fell off very easily if you tilted it even slightly.

The mouser robots were way cooler anyway. Even had one that you could wind up and it'd walk and chomp!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To inform the Triceratons are not from the past they are just rear end in a top hat aliens. Fun fact the Triceratons are one of Mirage's earliest known creations predating the turtles by a fair bit. (The Fugitoid another character that appears alongside the Turtles frequently, appeared alongside them)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 24, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Episode 4 - Rope-A-Dope

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Have you two considered playing Turtles in Time as a point of comparison?

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Looking back as an adult at the show that spawned the games this is the direct descendant of is wild. So much of it was purposefully designed to sell toys, especially stuff like the blimp or van. Not sure why though, because lmao at having parents rich/crazy enough to buy that expensive poo poo for a child.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I still have the van, but gently caress if I was going to get the blimp.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Just Winging It posted:

Looking back as an adult at the show that spawned the games this is the direct descendant of is wild. So much of it was purposefully designed to sell toys, especially stuff like the blimp or van. Not sure why though, because lmao at having parents rich/crazy enough to buy that expensive poo poo for a child.

I have been re-watching some of the 87 cartoon recently and I don't know that the blimp has been in more than 1 episode of season 1 thus far ( I'm in season 5 ).

The glider that the blimp had under it is used judiciously throughout the series, but the blimp itself looks like it just popped off screen when fighting king kong sized Krang or something. :3:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i appreciate the Fesh Pince of Blair references, dan

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
HOT SOUP!

(Hang the continuity)

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Casey Kasem, by the way.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Going from my memory here so bear with me.

The kid with the blue hair in the museum and the kid with the red hair on the volcanic meteor are the Neutrino twins. They live in Dimension X and have a flying car. They were in one episode of the 80s-90s TMNT cartoon that I remember. They were out joy-riding and snuck out through one of Krang's portals. Their car is that red car you see on the Dimension X over-world map and it shows up in the background of the Super Shredder stage.

The movie you were looking for was the second one. "Secret of the Ooze". That one had Super Shredder and a mutant collie and mutant snapping turtle (Toka(?) and Razor(?) I think were their names). In the game they were being summoned by that arcade lady boss and I think you also fought Razor on the Volcanic Meteor stage.

Vernon and Irma are definitely from the old 80s-90s show. Don't remember April's boss but I'm guessing he was there too. The other mutants are fuzzy to me, but I think the Crocodile guy and the Triceratops were toys and might've been in episodes that I missed. I'm pretty sure i remember the Triceratops as an action figure in Toys R Us.

I think Chrome Dome was also from the old cartoon and a toy. I just don't remember.

I don't remember the Frogs but their names are all world warlords/generals/conquerors: Atila, Genghis, Napoleon, and I forgot the last one. Could be poking fun at Battle Toads?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

mastersord posted:

The other mutants are fuzzy to me, but I think the Crocodile guy and the Triceratops were toys and might've been in episodes that I missed. I'm pretty sure i remember the Triceratops as an action figure in Toys R Us.

Oh man, I am having a memory. Yeah, I had the crocodile guy toy as well. The top of his head was kind of a loose "hinge" so his mouth could open and close, but it was also real easy to pop the top of his head off and back on.

Almost anything that could be a toy in the TMNT cartoon was a toy. Only Transformers is actually more toyetic.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Absolutely true about nobody having both Bebop and Rocksteady growing up. I was also a Rocksteady-haver; a few of my friends had Bebop.

Anyways, the game looks like a lot of fun; I'm glad you showed it off. And yeah, Turtles in Time was also great. The old, original arcade game from '89 was good too, though I never did like the NES port of it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
The neutrinos are actually 3 characters, you were missing the princess that is hiding in a sphincter thing in level 14 if I recall.

April's boss is Burne, the short fat guy, not to be confused with Vernon, there tall skinny guy in the pink shirt.

All these characters were in the cartoon. The punk frogs are from the Louisiana bayou, created by Shredder originally, but realize he is a dick. Leatherhead the alligator is from the same episodes in the bayou.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Leatherhead is shockingly sticky with this franchise, he appears in more sympathetic portrayals in '03 and '12

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Junpei posted:

Leatherhead is shockingly sticky with this franchise, he appears in more sympathetic portrayals in '03 and '12

I've quipped in several places that maybe he's from Surrey, but no-one ever laughs. :(

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Junpei posted:

Yeah him being a villain in 87 was a bit surprising to me cause he's normally a good guy with anger problems.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

mastersord posted:

The other mutants are fuzzy to me, but I think the Crocodile guy and the Triceratops were toys and might've been in episodes that I missed. I'm pretty sure i remember the Triceratops as an action figure in Toys R Us.

I don't remember the Frogs but their names are all world warlords/generals/conquerors: Atila, Genghis, Napoleon, and I forgot the last one. Could be poking fun at Battle Toads?

1. The Triceratops guys aren't mutants-they're alien invaders.

2. The last frog is Rasputin.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

This game rules and I love all the references. Seeing Shredder come out with the drill machine from the start takes me back to the old school arcade game. And the top down world map like the old NES game is a nice touch.

I still have a fair number of the old TMNT toys tucked away somewhere, including the original 4 turtle figures, splinter, bebop and rocksteady (I recall bebop's head was squishier plastic; rocksteady was all hard plastic), metalhead, krang, baxter stockman, leatherhead, razor and a bunch of others. I think I had one of the frog guys? And a manta ray guy? Never had a van or blimp or any vehicles, but I DID have the Technodrome, which was given to me as a hand me down. It was a cool set.

I have a mislabeled figure too-- a Michaelangelo in the wrong set. IDK if its worth anything, but I had the good sense not to open it as a kid.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Junpei posted:

1. The Triceratops guys aren't mutants-they're alien invaders.

2. The last frog is Rasputin.

The Triceratons are from earth during the period they were alive, when the Utroms came to earth and mutated them. They then left earth as slaves, then in the present time came back to reclaim the earth. I mean, if you define aliens as not originating from Earth, then technically they aren't. They are originally mutated though.

Broken Box posted:

This game rules and I love all the references. Seeing Shredder come out with the drill machine from the start takes me back to the old school arcade game. And the top down world map like the old NES game is a nice touch.

I still have a fair number of the old TMNT toys tucked away somewhere, including the original 4 turtle figures, splinter, bebop and rocksteady (I recall bebop's head was squishier plastic; rocksteady was all hard plastic), metalhead, krang, baxter stockman, leatherhead, razor and a bunch of others. I think I had one of the frog guys? And a manta ray guy? Never had a van or blimp or any vehicles, but I DID have the Technodrome, which was given to me as a hand me down. It was a cool set.

I have a mislabeled figure too-- a Michaelangelo in the wrong set. IDK if its worth anything, but I had the good sense not to open it as a kid.

The manta is Ray Filet!!! Loose figures aren't really worth too much, better if you have all the accessories though. Looking at probably between $5-20 for each retail.

No idea on the misprint market. Not even sure if that is a common misprint or not. :(

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

The Triceratons are from earth during the period they were alive, when the Utroms came to earth and mutated them. They then left earth as slaves, then in the present time came back to reclaim the earth. I mean, if you define aliens as not originating from Earth, then technically they aren't. They are originally mutated though.

The manta is Ray Filet!!! Loose figures aren't really worth too much, better if you have all the accessories though. Looking at probably between $5-20 for each retail.

No idea on the misprint market. Not even sure if that is a common misprint or not. :(

Ray Filet!

and it was "Midship Mike" and... I forget what the packaging is

aside from that they're all open, but I do have most of the accessories in a bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh! Well I'm not overly familiar with '87, so I may just have accidentally been pulling from the '03 or '12 versions. Derp.