Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

JustJeff88 posted:

I hope that this isn't a spoiler, but just in case I will put it in spoiler tags. It has to do with the 'tiers' for characters:

To continue this, I would say (obviously) that [spoiler] Casey just makes Don and Leo redundant. His move set isn't great, but he's effectively A second Raph. I really like April, but with that said, my Wife plays Mike as it's her favorite turtle so I defer him to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Just Winging It posted:

Looking back as an adult at the show that spawned the games this is the direct descendant of is wild. So much of it was purposefully designed to sell toys, especially stuff like the blimp or van. Not sure why though, because lmao at having parents rich/crazy enough to buy that expensive poo poo for a child.

I have been re-watching some of the 87 cartoon recently and I don't know that the blimp has been in more than 1 episode of season 1 thus far ( I'm in season 5 ).

The glider that the blimp had under it is used judiciously throughout the series, but the blimp itself looks like it just popped off screen when fighting king kong sized Krang or something. :3:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
The neutrinos are actually 3 characters, you were missing the princess that is hiding in a sphincter thing in level 14 if I recall.

April's boss is Burne, the short fat guy, not to be confused with Vernon, there tall skinny guy in the pink shirt.

All these characters were in the cartoon. The punk frogs are from the Louisiana bayou, created by Shredder originally, but realize he is a dick. Leatherhead the alligator is from the same episodes in the bayou.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Junpei posted:

1. The Triceratops guys aren't mutants-they're alien invaders.

2. The last frog is Rasputin.

The Triceratons are from earth during the period they were alive, when the Utroms came to earth and mutated them. They then left earth as slaves, then in the present time came back to reclaim the earth. I mean, if you define aliens as not originating from Earth, then technically they aren't. They are originally mutated though.

Broken Box posted:

This game rules and I love all the references. Seeing Shredder come out with the drill machine from the start takes me back to the old school arcade game. And the top down world map like the old NES game is a nice touch.

I still have a fair number of the old TMNT toys tucked away somewhere, including the original 4 turtle figures, splinter, bebop and rocksteady (I recall bebop's head was squishier plastic; rocksteady was all hard plastic), metalhead, krang, baxter stockman, leatherhead, razor and a bunch of others. I think I had one of the frog guys? And a manta ray guy? Never had a van or blimp or any vehicles, but I DID have the Technodrome, which was given to me as a hand me down. It was a cool set.

I have a mislabeled figure too-- a Michaelangelo in the wrong set. IDK if its worth anything, but I had the good sense not to open it as a kid.

The manta is Ray Filet!!! Loose figures aren't really worth too much, better if you have all the accessories though. Looking at probably between $5-20 for each retail.

No idea on the misprint market. Not even sure if that is a common misprint or not. :(