Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The only way I can make it as a woman in the art world is if I paint with my menstrual blood and to be honest, my periods ain't that regular.

Maybe I can paint with other womens' menstrual blood???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Only if you finger paint.

:hmmyes:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Colonel Cancer posted:

*leaps onto a subway train as the doors close, pulls emergency stop between stations and immediately start gaping own rear end*

True art

It's not true art unless it's upsetting somebody. Ergo this is truest art.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DicktheCat posted:

And don't talk to me about studio work. We use the term 'stress casualty' here, all clean and clinical, but the Japanese have a better term for it- karoshi. "Work death". More than one of us has been found at their desk, dead.

You burn out or you die.

I like doing it, I like my clients,I like working really hard, it makes me feel good.

But capitalism ruins everything.

I'd been doing 70 hours on my contract job along with a colorist job on the side. Last day of my contract, my mind was wandering while I did my hair and I noticed something weird: My face was blurred out in the mirror. Just my face. I suddenly dropped to the floor with a tachycardiac attack. Pulse was 200 by the time I was able to take it.

I love being an artist, obviously, because I wouldn't risk my life for it otherwise. But yeah. Studios.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sid Vicious posted:

holy poo poo db stay safe

Appreciated! I'm doing better now. Only crunch I've been on since was me taking a week-long project for the clout, but my last few studios took very good care of me. :)

This is zen as hell.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Thought the canvas was SpongeBob in his work outfit for longer than I should have.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I did get such a warm reception on this site that it encouraged me to pursue art. So either I thank you goons or blame you, depending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

QuarkJets posted:

I am literally in a jail cell right now, there's a gun pointed at my head and the guard keeps telling me to draw pictures with my poo. I'm getting better at it but poo is not the greatest drawing instrument and the walls of my cell are not the greatest canvas

Use your phone and internet access to look at reference.