Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I feel like I took the easy way out moving out of the country but it was part of my long term plan. gently caress. I'm worried about my cousin. She's been getting access to care for a pretty serious issue through Planned Parenthood and lives in Arizona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

teen witch posted:

solidarity, this has magnified my “rat fleeing a sinking ship” feeling tenfold. I am terrified for my family and friends. sure I’m safe here, I can get all I need to live happy here and support myself.

but I feel loving awful. I’m a loving nobody, how the gently caress did I get lucky

I get that feeling. At least sorta. I'm a CIS white (depending on who you ask, Jewish heritage on my dad's side) male. But things happen like this sometimes. I get the feeling, but it's not your fault or anything. I understand guilt. I feel it a lot for some things. I dunno. I feel dumb making this post. I have the easy route on a number of levels. Life is a weird mess and you being where you are isn't due to some kind of conscious decision to gently caress over other people. It was just where you wanted to be. I think healthcare is a huge reason I'll never choose going back. That and living without a car.

FWIW, I hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself.

Escape From Noise

Things have improved a LOT recently. I hope you are doing alright as well.

Escape From Noise

Despite all my rage
I am still just Nicolas Cage

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I just tried to make a fried egg for breakfast.

Now I'm eating a scrambled egg because I couldn't find the right spatula.

I mean, I 100% agree with OP on recent events but for this egg thing I have nobody to blame but myself. :argh:

Oh gently caress. I hate breaking the yolk.