Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

KittyEmpress posted:

Knife pinballs.

+1 to O'Steely

Should put him over the... edge.

+--0

Whats that 0 for?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Harold Fjord posted:

+--0

Whats that 0 for?
You can opt to abstain once but still get Wisp points!

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

+1 to Pantocrat

[--0+]

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
-1 to Pandora

Deep dark and dangerous… a vote for chaos.

++-0
Wisp:1

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
+1 to O'Steely. More sharp objects, good.

+0--

Theanael
Jun 21, 2019
+1 to O'Steely.

Remaining Options : + 0 - -
Wispoints : 1

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

-1 to Nummor

Agreed that it will be funny.
Remaining: ++0-

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
+1 O'Steely

+0--

Nummor is already on 1, and the little pinballs at least deserve some spiky axes.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Abstain.

+,+,-,- remianing. Wisp points: 1.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
+1 O'Steely
+ - -0 reamains

Eagerly awaiting sharpened pinballs. Danger zoomies.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Abstain.

++-- remains

RandomUserString
Jul 1, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
+1 to O'Steely.

+--0

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Query:

Does each God act once per age so I am incentivized to use all five of my powers one way or another once per God?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Harold Fjord posted:

Query:

Does each God act once per age so I am incentivized to use all five of my powers one way or another once per God?

There are four rounds to each Age. Depending on their rolls a God may or may not survive (roll under 10 three times, roll natural 1 once and a anothet under 10, or - as happened to one unfortunate God last time - roll double natural 1 and die immediately). You may Wisp once a round (up to four times in other words) and you're incentivized to do so because each time you do you increase your chances to be a God next round (roll becomes 1d20+Wisp Points)

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Dog Kisser posted:

There are four rounds to each Age. Depending on their rolls a God may or may not survive (roll under 10 three times, roll natural 1 once and a anothet under 10, or - as happened to one unfortunate God last time - roll double natural 1 and die immediately). You may Wisp once a round (up to four times in other words) and you're incentivized to do so because each time you do you increase your chances to be a God next round (roll becomes 1d20+Wisp Points)

(1d100+Wisp Points) :v:

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
I think you are technically allowed to roll a d20 if you want to. It just isn't in your best interest, since it's highly likely that the top five rolls will all be significantly higher than 20.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
-1 to O'Steely.

Settle down there Axecarus, can't have you flying too high

++-0

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Gods breathed out their divine inspiration into the worlds, awakening the first People. Shocked into an awareness beyond their experience, they felt fear, awe, confusion… and were for once aware of their own awareness. Both worlds rocked with the revelations - but we have to start somewhere.

Crate-Ur’s gift to the Toothpicker tribe of the Asaurted was met with calm deliberation, as the Dinosaur People reckoned it. They shouted and panicked and roared at the sky until they realized that the God - a flying vision! A cube of perfect light! - was not there to devour them or strike them down. Instead, they considered the IKEƎA, turning it this way and that, and - upon discovering that they could not eat it in turn, they brought it back to their dens and looked at it.

And considered it, for a long, long while. It was… difficult to understand the God’s message. It was… how could one… one nameless Asaurt grabbed a square scale of Iceflake and held it up to another, then clicked it up to a 90 degree angle. And then another. And then another. And soon.

Wonder of wonders… this would change everything.

(The Asaurted (well, the Toothpicker tribe, but things have a way of rippling out) have become Inquisitive and Crafty thanks to the gift of the IKEƎA. This will be a bit of a… slow burn, since the Asaurted are not naturally inclined to such complexity, but the powerful roll has left a big impact on them. In time, they will grow better at understanding the gift and the Four Commandments left with it. For now, they have learned to build simple tools and houses, and how to design their own simple pictograms. A note: more open concept divine wishes generally have less impact on the average Person or else will take longer to fully ingrain in the People as a whole.)

The Plungerboa were doubly blessed, the divine energies raining upon them like rainbow light. Even beyond the Barrier, the Wisps pressed down on them with their hopes and aspirations, and they could not help but be changed. Though they largely eschewed Nummor’s advice, they were far more entranced by the visions delivered by the God of Axes. Snackriculture seemed like an awful lot of standing still, but the whole thing with the axes? That just made sense. Soon, the jungles and plains of Oneder were beset by raiding, hollering Pinball People. The Aardiche suffered particularly, as their once-predator began to be hunted in earnest by increasingly well armed little creatures.

(NUMMOR LOSES 1 HP! Snackriculture was very much not a hit - while the mere mention of it being a possibility set some gears in their heads spinning, they used those gears to basically say ‘nah, not interested’. Axes, though, they’re all about. They have become Raiders and Weapon-Users, and the combination with their natural competitiveness has frankly made them a bit of a problem!)

The Aardiche alone on Oneder were not blessed by the Gods, and have further cemented their bestial traits. They have become, if anything, more aggressive thanks to the confusing and strange new behaviours of the other dominant creatures of the world, and are having a significant amount of difficulty coping. The Plungerboa in particular are quickly becoming vastly more trouble than they’re worth, and their changed behaviour is forcing the Aardiche closer together as they try to maintain their status quo.

(The Aardiche have gained Wildness, a trait that will make them more resistant to the changes imposed by the Gods. Not enough to stop them or anything, but enough to introduce a hiccup in their attempts. Continuous non-interaction by the Gods will solidify this trait until uplifting them will become more difficult.)

Pantocrat descended upon the Shiverm, drawing them up from their burrows to the surface to gaze upon them. He spoke to them of construction, of the shaping of their world. The Shiverm considered this and realized they were already shapers, for their holes crisscrossed the world. But now, they realized they could… plan? Could come together to use their bodies to carve their environment as they pleased. They worked together to carve, cut, put, lift, assemble, adhere… it was primitive, and they had long to go, but the People of Ice had definitely been raised from the lowly state of their forebears.

(The Shiverm have become Planners and Builders. They aren’t fast at it, and their body structure limits some of the things they can do, but they are deliberate and careful artisans that have taken Pantocrat’s words to heart. The foundation for future learning is well laid.)

Far beneath, unknown to those building in the surface ice, the Squild discover a spiraling hole piercing into the deepest darkness of the Ink sea. A voice echoes from within, the call of Pandora beckoning them to the Fractal Garden. Within, plants and animals grow… strangely, spawning variants unseen elsewhere in the worlds. Curiosities without name bristle from the strangely-patterned surfaces of the Garden, just waiting for one brave soul to pluck them.

Naturally, the Squild largely steer far clear of it. They are not in the least bit curious as a rule and do not want to be exposed to weird mutant stuff… or, at least, most of them don’t. A small group of the Squild slowly work up the courage to peer inside and explore, and even fewer to taste the bounty within. Slowly, slowly, they convince their friends to do the same.

(PANDORA LOSES 1 HP! The Squild become Cautious and Shy, and mostly don’t go into the Garden. Some, however, become Deviant, willing to try things and experiment with behaviour that others wouldn’t. This is a small group, and doesn’t represent a massive schism, but with support (or correction) this could change. Deviants display some small physical or mental changes due to their exposure to the Fractal Garden, though the effects of this may not become clear for a while…)

Like the Aardiche, the Maraqueet were untouched by the Gods. Unlike the Aardiche, this has had little to no effect on them. The other species of this world mostly left them alone as it was, and now bother them even less as they focus on their own troubles. When they think of them, it is to consider them lowly animals, though not in a cruel or dismissive way. They are colourful, flighty prey or scenery. The Maraqueet, for their part, feel fine about their situation!

(The Maraqueet has gained Wildness, but not otherwise changed heavily - no pressure has been exerted to change their situation, so they’re just sort of flying around and making pretty colours as before!)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 20, 2024

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
-1 to the last god to act this round

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Nummor, Lord of Snacks

Whisper to the Maraqueet of snackriculture: 1d20 8

Nummor was frustrated. Frustrated about axes! Abandoning, for now, the verdant expanses of Oneder, Nummor turned to Twomb, where he remembered a promising people. Perhaps they could supply the snacks that Nummor desired.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

3/3 HP

Pantocrat saw the Shiverm Build, and he saw that it was good. They would make Great Things! Great Things of Ice and Ink and Neon and Axe! Good, yes. But There were many creatures in Nowhere, and many deserved his attention. And perhaps... He could teach them to build not simply things, but communities, to create together. Yes, that would be... good.
Pantocrat then descended to the Maraqueets. He found one, large, gifted, and beautiful, and he spoke to them.
"Maraqueet! I am Pantocrat, your God! I am the god of Creation and of all beautiful things made by the peoples of Nowhere. I bring you a gift: Knowledge of a new thing of neon, called ART. It is the way of beautifying all the world. With it, you can beautify your nest, spread beauty, and impress your people. I raise you, humble maraqueet, to lead them. Teach them this new thing called ART and become the first creature in all the world to be Great Among People.

With my gift i grant you a charge. Lead your people, and find the Shiverm, digging and building and creating. They make things akin to art, pleasing structures, which may yet be beautified by neon and ink. Together, Building and Art, Ice and Neon, may create greater wonders than each alone."

Uplifting a Maraqueet hero and teaching him Art!: 1d20 7

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Abstaining on wisping this round.

+--

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
+1 Nummor

-0- left, 2 points

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Slaan posted:

+1 Nummor

-0- left, 2 points

Both the vote and the wisp info are mine too.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

-1 Nummor

The greatest snack is the corpse of a dead god.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Expending my abstain

Wisps 2

+-- remain.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

[--0] Wispoints: 1>2

+1 Pantocrat

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Pandora, Goddess of Chaos [2HP]

"You are brave, little ones."
The voice of pandora creeped in the deviants thoughts, rough yet warm.
"You can hear me now, clear and crisp as a breeze."
"I could only go so far to be heard, but you, you took a step forward."
"All of this, is my gift to you, little ones: A place of bounty, glittering in the deep from the sheer potential of it all."
"But, I'm not one with you yet."
"In partaking of the garden, you have begun to change, and I would see you raised on high."
"One day you could shatter the very firmament of heaven itself, if you simply listen..."

Visions pass through the listeners thoughts, abyssal kingdoms illuminated with neon, each battlement a true jewel of the deep.
Fields abundant with delicacies unseen by any before them, meant for them and them alone.
Forges pounding away at alloys the surface would never imagine, libraries filled to the brim with wisdom plucked from the aether itself.
And above it all, the Squib stood(?) tall, wielding aberrant magic to make their very dreams reality.
All of this and more was promised, the Squib merely had to listen to their newfound teacher.

Pandora teaches the Squib the Aberrant Imprinting magic of Warpweft: 1d20 4

The reaction was visceral.
All around them the unseen eddies of potential, the drops of pure chaos normally gone unseen were made manifest.
But the Squib were unprepared.
The subsequent damage was limited, ironically by a lack of imagination: The failed efforts of wrenching chaos into a given form would prove troublesome, but no doubt endurable by the young people.
The question then, was not if they would survive, but how many would choose to persist in trying to control the art, bring it to heel that one day they might make their hearts desires come true?

"You are loved, Squib."
"You were unready, I acted too soon."
"But I ask of you: persist."
"Yours will not be an easy path, but the rewards at the end will be worthwhile, I promise."
"Go, rest for now. Enjoy the gardens bounty, and grow stronger for it."

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

+1 Pandora +-- remaining, wisp points: 2

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

+1 Nummor +-0 remaining, wisp points: 2

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

O'Steely, God of Axes
3/3 HP

O'Steely witnessed the Plungerboa embracing the gift of Axe and immediately making an issue for their neighbours and saw absolutely no way this would have repercussions down the line.

But there could always be additional Axes in this world.

Next he returned to the Aardiche, previously he had moved over them because arming the Axes with more Axes felt a little redundant but they were having issues now they that one of their prey animals were suddenly considerably more armed than they had been previously. They did need their front hands to stand up straight though, he travelled too and fro until he finally found a suitably grumpy looking specimen and considered his options.

"Mmmmmmmmmm, I will gift you, Mägic" It put two hands either side head and attempted to give it intelligent thought.

"Listen very cärefully, imägine the Axe of your mind, imägine it's weight and heft, the sharpness of your blade, it's effect on your surroundings. Affix that imäge in your mind and then project it onto the world äround you as a force of your own will."

"This is the power of Äxiom."

O'Steely will attempt to teach Aardiche the Axe Magic of Shaping, which he shall call Axiom. By fixing the image of an object in their mind an Axiom master may influence their physical world around them with a projected mental version of that object or an Axtral Projection. To try and get the basics down O'Steely shall use the most simple object he can get his hands on, an Axe

1d20 = 5

At least he would do if Orokos didn't keep low balling him

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 9, 2022

Theanael
Jun 21, 2019
-1 to Pantocrat.

Remaining Options : + 0 -
Wispoints : 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
+1 O'steely (changed vote later)

+-0 remaining

Wisp Points: 2

Theantero fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 4, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
+1 Pantocrat

+-0 remaining.

Wisp Points: 2

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
-1 Pantocrat

+0-

Everyone gets to have a low roll this round, to make it fair.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
+1 Nummor

Wisps remaining: +-0
Wisp count: 2

Let the birds have their snacks.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
+1 Numnor

Votes Remaining: [-+0]
Wisp Count: 2

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Abstain

Wisps Remaining: --+

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
+1 to Pandora

I like what you're trying to do.

Wisp: 2

+0-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

+1 to Pandora
Wisps left -0+