Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

having in-person back is gonna be such a drat breath of fresh air, hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

LIVE CROWD NOISES

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

extremely :same:

took the week off from work cause i am so excited it is in-person again

gonna watch so, so fuckin much of this poo poo

i'm tapering off pregabalin atm so this is the perfectly timed-antidote to feeling like garbage

Rosalind posted:

Shoutout to them wearing masks while hosting. That's some hardcore COVID safety.

all the events are socially distanced and require proof of vaccination/masking, too. it's just really drat considerate overall

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Flesnolk posted:

It's pretty cool that they're over 10K before the first run even starts

especially with the dono link going haywire

i'm 100% convinced this one'll smash all the previous records

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

a trick so illegal we can't even show you

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that pet button gonna get a hell of a workout

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this is a great run to start things off

yeah this is excellent energy, very charismatic runner and a fun gimmick run that's still impressive to watch

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that couch setup really is the classiest poo poo, well played to whoever put it together

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

goatface posted:

I want to know what's in the drawers.

6 pistol ammo and a green herb

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i should replay generations, it was a genuinely good game

i dunno how they managed to nail it with generations and then gently caress up so badly with origins. sonic is a land of contrasts

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

never been a big monkey ball person but the movement in this is pretty nice and i like the artstyle

definitely hyped for the ME1 run, i don't think i've ever seen it done any%

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

god the mako is so awful lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Grondoth posted:

I love the Mako for the same reason I love ME1, it's such an indicator of their ambition outstretching what they could accomplish. The Mako was made by dreamers, and I can't hate the disaster it turned out because of it

i think the sour note ME3 ended on tends to overshadow how insanely ambitious - and largely successful - the original ME franchise was

there really isn't a parallel to the kind of sheer scale and scope of storytelling anywhere else in gaming and it's still impressive to look back on even years later

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lmfao, i changed my mind the mako owns

these are some incredible cartoon physics on display

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JammyB posted:

Fantastic Zelda run.

Lol at the Red Bull mini-fridge in the background of this prize run-down... still fully stocked with no one wanting to drink that poo poo 1 day in (unless that's a prize?!?).

that's actually a by-now stock standard red bull marketing thing, where there's just a fully stocked mini fridge of red bull hanging out slightly out of focus. shows up on a lot of esports stuff especially

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this runner's already pretty loving good lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"fell in a deep dish" lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

incredible run, what an excellent sendoff

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

The constantly increasing pressure for more demanding incentives is probably my least favorite thing about GDQ

the drive to go higher and further is, for better or worse, what sustains charity events like this in the long run

i'm not surprised that they're having a hard time getting an incentive met this early on in the run because i'm assuming the general amounts were set weeks in advance before the specter of recession really started looming, so you just have to roll with the number and adjust on-the-fly as needed

The 7th Guest posted:

security breach is a special kind of stupid because it's a first person 3D game of running around in a badly designed mall, rather than just rotating a pre-rendered still-screen around. the more budget the series gets the less spooky it gets. it's in that wheelhouse of games designed for markiplier to scream at fakely

one of the first things that happens in the game is that you, the child protagonist, find ultimate safety and security (quite literally; you're immune to attacks from the roaming animatronics) by crawling into freddy fazbear's metal womb, which is a hell of a way to start off your game, lemme tell you

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think the emotion that silent hill 4 evokes most strongly in me is realizing that PT is never going to come out and getting sad

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Photex posted:

wild he's doing this all on keyboard and no mouse

edit: nm there is the mouse

silent hill 4 has these random-rear end first person sections like how some old NES/SNES games would randomly huck in some 2.5D levels for the hell of it, so you need both to do it optimally

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Agent355 posted:

the amount they're off FNAF lol.

At this rate I'm not sure they're going to hit it even with the schedule change. They had that big 5k dono but other than that we're 30 minutes in and they've put like 4k on it.

there's still a good 40-50 minutes left and i can easily see fangamer or yetee coming in to make up a $5-10k deficit

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Photex posted:

I just want to throw out there, the silent hill movie was good and deserved a real sequel with Sean Bean.

it was a genuinely enjoyable adaptation that went completely loving bonkers in all its subsequent films for some reason

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

holy moly this earnest evans game looks cursed, weird puppet animations and zero iframes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this cutesy look for megaman is strangely endearing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it still tickles me that like a dragon's entire combat system was literally an april fools joke that got out of hand

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't care about Yazkuza at all but I have to say I love the absurdity of the turn based RPG set in bog standard modern day.

it's one of the few settings that can really get away with it, too, since all the past games have the same kind of over-the-top quasi-magical realism that makes stuff like summoning a swarm of pigeons out of the ether completely normal

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

definitely gonna grab a month of game pass and try LaD out, looked like a pretty fun JRPG overall

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ravus posted:

Man I've missed in-person GDQs.

i'm hoping for a return to a packed house by next year, although i'm not hedging my bets on it quite yet

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

french lando, now with 90% more xanax

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this seeker drone skip is insane lmao, this is like the nut jump of the quake engine

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

This Jedi Outcast run is excellent, as all Covert Muffin's runs are.

how can you not be an excellent watch when you have a one piece villain laugh

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh god all this movement is murdering the poor bitrate

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chainclaw posted:

wait, they can't say gently caress, but they can play games that say "get hosed, cumstain"?

it's mostly a meme at this point. if it's clearly a heat-of-the-moment flub and they're not doing it excessively then they're fine

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ahaha what a silly skip

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

god drat do i miss the era of movement FPSes like this though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ravus posted:

Man I love covert muffin.

just a fantastic runner all around

also hell yeah $500k

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chainclaw posted:

if the vtubers were fully animated that would be one thing, but most of them are like creepy ventriloquist dummies, barely animated.

actual full 3D models with proper face and body tracking are both extremely expensive to have done and require specific setups, whereas 2.5D models just need basic facetracking software you can get on any webcam and, while not a pittance, are at least within the budget of most people out there

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Photex posted:

oh this is a Nightdive Studios game, shame they are getting destroyed for how crappy their Blade Runner remaster is, hopefully System Shock is better.

the stuff they've shown of it looked really good but it's also been stuck in development hell for a while now. i'm not expecting anything amazing but it'll definitely be a big blow if it turns out to suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this guy's hair has incredible energy, i'm jealous