Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Gotta watch STRIVE Top8 at CEO before I hop over, how have the runs been so far? Was the intro skit good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress yeah, KZ_FREW

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Shame kz is gonna retire, hope whatever he's off to do instead is awesome ;).

What a talent.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am starting to questing if they make that fnaf incentive now. i usually will be the first to tell others that a goal will be hit but we need 40k in an hour, which is easy later on in a marathon but might be a challenge on monday.

I'm never betting against incentives being met again tbh, I've always been wrong. I'm sure Yeti will drop another 10k at some point in the hour. Might be a bit tight but it's a really popular franchise.

Very ready for HORROR BLOC, it's always one of the highlights.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Photex posted:

isn't it 2 hours since there is an hour block for daily recap?

I thought the recap was like, 15 minutes? (+whatever extra time they need to shill in FNAF :sun:)

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Photex posted:

i'm just focusing on brossentia's view because that's where the audio is coming from, it's how I focus on races.

Same. But that means 3/4 of the screen is a bit wasted, :eng99:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

We're on the last house, that incentive is definitely getting missed

Approved for extra map :science:

STREEEEEEEEEEETCH

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

Definitely not hitting that incentive lol

ez

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

yetee and fangamer will dump in more money if needed

100%. Waiting lets them motivate more regulars people to donate, it's smart. They'll even stretch and shill on the break and then drop if they need to :P

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

probably not but more games means more gdq so i hope it gets met

Never be enough GDQ.

Changing the schedule to make sure it gets met is hilarious though. Always more special tactics :p

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I also am a big fan of covert muffin.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

I don't get how Yetee exists as a business. I never heard of them for 50 weeks of the year and the other two they give away all their revenue.

They do stuff otherwise, but even focusing on this, those tshirts are not dear when bought at their level of bulk. Then throw in the massive number of orders and it's a nice low margin, high turnover model where a large part of your advertising is included already! And they might get some tax rebate as well, but I know dick all about the US tax system.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

genuinely want to see what happens when they don't make it again

Grand finale of SGDQ2022: FNAF (maybe).

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Do people not like these guys? I think they're fine.

Huh? The Silent Hill run? It's good. Enigma is good peeps and it's a good couch.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Oh, maybe people were talking about the next game.

Yeah FNAF is a little controversial. I know nothing about the 3d FNAF game myself so I'm looking forward to it.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Holy poo poo Fangamer really got their international shipping prices down, $8? poo poo. Lucky they are sold out of that lovely hoodie or I'd go broke :p

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

Look I don't think this is even 1/4 of the quality that it'd have to be to justify the hype but I don't think this run is like, terrible or anything. If this had just been a nighttime run in one of the off-peak slots it seems like it'd be fine.

I mean they're talking, the commentator is pretty active, there's, like, tech. Runs can, and have, done so much worse than this.

Run is fine, leaning a little heavy on the "game dumb lololol" jokes, but nothing wrong with it, totally decent run. Seems to be getting better if anything, runner seems to be warming up a bit. Tbf Enigma is one hell of an act to follow.

Crowd gonna carry this poo poo by upping his confidence imo.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

There's a lot of screen tearing going on and it's messing with me and I'm resisting the urge to yell out that they need to turn on vsync, but, they need to turn on vsync.

Only one step down from people touching my monitor when pointing at it, is screen tearing. /twitch

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

this is my fave way to enjoy horror games, oob and trivialized.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

Those of you who weren't awake for the race yesterday morning, my run is available on the YouTube channel now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xbFM80h2U :toot:

:haibrow:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

"Resist"

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Man I've missed in-person GDQs.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Muffin on deck, lets go.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

That was sick :stare:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Man I love covert muffin.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

He's on fire with these skips so far, drat. This is a good-rear end run.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Kestral posted:

I'm mostly hoping it'll be intelligible. I like randos in concept, but in execution I often can't tell what the hell is going on, even in games like LTTP that I've played to death.

Are they have commentators? The rando races with commentary are the best ones.

Also: This Mario run will be a highlight of the whole event, what a fun run/runner/coach.

Kestral posted:

That's what you get for abandoning faithful Yoshi to the lava, Mario!!!

:hai:

edit: Daaaaaaamn though another death. This is going over time.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

:rip:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Wow coming back from that level of choke to complete the level as intended is possibly one of the most impressive parts of the run.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Aww so close, I was hoping he'd scrape into meeting est. Oh well, just a cap's length over.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

That's right Spike, preach!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am enjoying it, the seed is mega cursed tho

So cursed, random games are always pretty cursed, but I dig them anyway, if you pick a random game you deserve to suffer! Was there ever a Binding of Isaac run/race that wasn't a disaster?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I love the tech issues screen. Design always seems to get better every year.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Loving this host (Xenadir), basically a golden retriever on mic.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Kuros posted:

LMAO

Game Over in a 3 hour long run with no saves.

:eng99:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

This may already be the greatest videogame of all time

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

Interestingly, tomorrow night there will be a speedrun race of a Super Mario World hack called Celeste.SMC that is a Celeste inspired Kaizo SMW hack. If you like Celeste, check it out.

Also, shortly after is a blind relay race of custom kaizo Super Mario World levels, one of which was made by Maddy.

I do love me some rom hack mario.

This Borderlands 2 run is fun, BOING BOING BOING.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Blank Construct posted:

This doom run is good as hell

I really love speedruns on harder game settings, up that risk! Fantastic movement , great couch, good rear end indeed.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

"And now we're in world 6!"

o.o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

is the donation tracker broken, the amount has not changed for an awful long time

unless everyone is just transfixed by this run

e: i posted that and it finally moved

I forgot how chill the soundtrack was to DKC. I mostly zoned out, vibing.