Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Moo Cowabunga posted:

heard someone in this thread saying that dell laptops suck?????

[youtube thumbnail] "DELL LAPTOP SUCKED??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

do it microsoft, pull an inverse sega

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah, my office has dell monitors with a full dock and it works fine with my mac. network port in the back, full power, bunch of usb

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

post hole digger posted:

microsoft has made good hardware for decades imo. i thought they made some of the best mice/keyboards even back in the mid 2000s when they werent doing anything else right.

i still have my intellimouse optical from 2000 and it still works in a pinch, same as my honking huge ms keyboard from around that time. they're too big/not the right type of mouse for me (trackball for wrist issues) now but absolutely solid and worth the money at the time

i'm excited to see how their new accessible module platform grows. there's some great age-old players in the space, but it can always use more options

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

when someone tells you to turn your monitor off shutting the lid to do it doesn’t have the same effect

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the best only good thing about two in-office days in a row is leaving the work laptop at the office and going home without it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

makes sense we got Tim Apple

Rutherford IBM

Android Vanderbilt

Eliza Alienware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tankakern posted:

install linux

i did this to a souped-up wyse 5070 and lmty that
poo poo actually works

Jonny 290 posted:

windows 10 is fine and works idk man

perk is they also have an imager for win 10 enterprise iot, which as far as i can tell is a slim plain install

i guess what i'm saying is i don't have a dell laptop