Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i initially got an XPS 15 to replace my ancient 2013 Acer, can confirm the keyboard is rear end

also it had an issue with the body machining tolerances such that the clickpad would get stuck down and continue sending button press events if you used the CPU a lot and the metal body expanded ever so slightly. returned that pos and got a thinkpad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

echinopsis posted:

when I think of laptops sucking I think of microsoft surfaces

clueless outsourced IT tried to order me a surface laptop due to lack of available stock on CDW (because purchasing direct from manufacturer is just impossible)

for a linux machine

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Tankakern posted:

ironically, a lot of surface machines have good linux support

the one in question apparently required a custom kernel compile so lol no