Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

thinkpads were out of stock until october so i got a dell instead, just delivered yesterday

its getting reimbursed so i don't really care as long as it works in linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Tankakern posted:

i have an xps 15.

annoying with only one usb-c port, but i guess they might've fixed that in the later models

keyboard sucks, rest is ok. touchpad is one of the better ones? don't know why people whine over the touchpad, i'm betting it's windows and sucky drivers. works wonders with libinput in linux.

the xps15 i got (per my previous post) has two usbc and one usba

i actually went witg the xps15 because i had the smaller one (xps13?) for lastjob and its ports were so anaemic that you pretty much had to use a dock to get it usable. also the screen was a bit small for desk duty

so far the 15 seems fine for being tethered to a desk 99% of the time

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

thinkpad x/t/p forever.