Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poasting before shagger defends an xps or whatever garbage dell sells now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

shaggar would never use a limux

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

carry on then posted:

eXtreme Piece of poo poo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i just plug in the thunderbolt cable that was included with my 27 inch 4K Dell monitor into my m1 pro mbp and it both charges it at 90w and carries the video signal to my computer that is not a piece of poo poo

dell should just stick to monitors

thank you timb

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

amberpos is gross

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my work issued 2018 mbp has a totally shot battery that barely holds a charge and our IT dept won’t pay for out of warranty repairs for a battery change, they told me to just order a new one

due to ~*supply chain issues*~ the lead times on them getting macbooks is so long they removed them from our service now poo poo

im gonna keep using this thing until it completely dies just to avoid getting issued a dell

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

nvrgrls posted:

What? Macs are shipping like next business day.

apparently not when you order them pre-enrolled with the enterprise MDM from the factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

knox_harrington posted:

I got a new laptop from work, X13 Thinkpad. The IT person warned that under no circumstances should it be turned on until I got home. Turning it on while connected to a work network would brick it and it would have to be re-imaged. I can’t imagine why that would possibly be the case, but ok.

sounds like a good strat to avoid support requests for tiny things immediately after delivering the laptop