Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm not in too deep quite yet (about 80% done with the first area), but so far food was not that much of a problem. I do usually track back to town every few days, but between contracts and loot I always had plenty of money to buy enough food to keep everyone happy. Though I also did take a few feats to keep down food consumption. You can also use your tinkerer to build a cookpot, which can then take a cook to reduce food consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's probably really obvious and I'm just overlooking it, but: Is there any place where I can see what weapons a given character can use? Or is each class limited to specifically only one weapon type?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Each class has one weapon type, and what they can use is to the left of their class name. I remember being very surprised when a Brute couldn't use a two handed axe, but axes are warrior only, for example.

Oh huh, that explains it. I just kinda assumed that e.g. a destroyer would be able to use a one-handed axe instead of a mace or a berserker a two-handed sword instead of an axe. A bit weird, but I guess it's one way to keep the classes feeling more distinct.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Just a few questions:

1: Is there a level cap?

2: Any suggestions on what careers I should start my first 4 companions out with?

Jobs that I found useful early on:
1. Blacksmith: Basically my number 1 source for equipment upgrades early on, particularly in terms of armor
2. Tinkerer: Means you'll hardly ever run out of armor repair materials, and can also get you good camp/overworld equipment
3. Thief: Stealing is actually fairly low-risk, and there are a fair few locked chests that make lockpicking quite profitable
4. Cook: Significantly reduces your food troubles

A miner may also be a good choice to sub in for the cook if you want to go with a lot of medium/heavy armour classes, as those use up a whole lot of iron.