Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I went to school for geology at a university co-located with the national atmospheric research lab and an institute for alpine and arctic research, and it was a running joke among my class that one of the first few lectures of any given course would just be an hour block of gloom and doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

bird food bathtub posted:

Sigh. It was Italian satellites, Jewish space lasers. It's like nobody is even paying attention any more.

a jewish space laser is just an italian satellite with a job

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Burt posted:

Also from someone who used to commute monthly to Australia from the UK for a living, airlines ranking;

Any Far Eastern > Any Middle Eastern >>>> Any European National >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any US >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Euro budget >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any ex-sov bloc >>>>>>>> RyanAir

preach

My ONE RyanAir flight was a grueling three hours and I take pains to earnestly and sternly warn away any friend that has ever mentioned the airline or even budget travel in Europe in general.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Maybe RyanAir really is that bad compared to the others, but I'm not sure y'all are using the Euro budget airlines right. They're not good for long flights, traveling with family, or really doing anything serious. But if you want to gently caress off to somewhere for a long weekend that's within a couple hours on a plane, it's nice to be able to do that for ~$100 - it's a party bus. Don't take a big bag, drop any expectations, you'll still (probably) get there.

Last time I took a Saturday evening EasyJet flight from Barcelona to Nice, most of the plane was pregaming for that evening while the flight attendants were leading party games. Carry-on size limits or limited seat pitch did not come up.

I took quite a few EasyJet and a Spirit or two and a good selection of others, but the RyanAir flight was uniquely poo poo. Hard plastic bright yellow seatback literally against my knees, a suicidal flight attendant reading you a skymall ad over the intercom every ten minutes, Entebbe raid lookin rear end terminal gate, running wild with fees

mlmp08 posted:

I know a guy whose sole RyanAir flight was actually a full day bus ride from Scotland to London when either maintenance or crew issues caused them to deplane on the tarmac.

My answer:

A.o.D. posted:

Depending on the bus, I could find a way to enjoy that.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I figured the Black Hammer types were an op of some sort. I just wasn't expecting it to be Russia holding the strings.

I would've said they were an op but it would've been a bit tongue in cheek. Lol the 20's are a wild rear end decade