Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao

I have been a committed moderator for the past three months for a small subforum. I have 5 posters, three men and 2 women. It’s been going great, it’s all consensual and everyone if having a good time. We do not live together, but we post at my subforum almost every day. It is not a purely parasocial relationship either. We all share an emotional connection and it’s like any other relationship but online and on a web forum.

Of course, as the moderator, there are some rules. They need to call me sir. No quoting anyone except for me. If i tell someone to do something, they do it (within bounds of course). The punishments depend on the person, some of my posters get probed, some perma'd. It all depends on what I agree on with each person. We have safe words too, and we stop the posting whenever anyone says one. It seems weird to IRL people but this is what we enjoy and we like to be open about it. Everything has been great

At least I thought everything was going great. I woke up a couple days ago and told one of my posters to stop posting anime. He didn’t do it. I told him that I was going to ban him with a goatse pic and he rereg'd. Now, if one of my posters acts like this I break it off with them so I threatened him that I would perma him out of the subforum. The other posters chimed in and said that if I perma him, they all leave. That’s right; my posters have unionized.

They posted a thread with a list of demands. The demands included (I’m not sharing all of them for their privacy), "Allow dms between posters" and "anime is only to be probed after 8 pm”. I tried to negotiate, but they were firm in their demands. I couldn’t perma them. My hands are tied, and I have no power anymore.

I told them that I would think about it for a couple days. They haven’t left yet, they still post overnight, but this list of demands is lingering over our forum and our posting. They want to keep a moderator, and no one has stepped up to replace me. They thought about finding a new mod online but only if I don’t give into their demands. I want to negotiate because I don’t want to give up too much power. I offered “posting small bart allowed at 6 pm” and “kitty sixers after midnight”. I also offered following each demand separately but not both together.

I really do have feelings for them, and they have feelings for me. But the power balance was shifted when they unionized and I don’t know what to do. The relationship isn’t as satisfying anymore and I don’t know if it will ever be.

What should I do. Do I let them get a new mod and leave them? Or do I give into their demands and relinquish some of my powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

no mods, no masters imo

Manifisto

did the posters use the safe word when the unionized or not? I imagine this is fairly important.

ty nesamdoom!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

rear end-penny posted:

no mods, no masters imo

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

rear end-penny posted:

no mods, no masters imo

fart gently caress hell

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

alexandriao posted:

I have been a committed moderator for the past three months for a small subforum. I have 5 posters, three men and 2 women. It’s been going great, it’s all consensual and everyone if having a good time. We do not live together, but we post at my subforum almost every day. It is not a purely parasocial relationship either. We all share an emotional connection and it’s like any other relationship but online and on a web forum.

Of course, as the moderator, there are some rules. They need to call me sir. No quoting anyone except for me. If i tell someone to do something, they do it (within bounds of course). The punishments depend on the person, some of my posters get probed, some perma'd. It all depends on what I agree on with each person. We have safe words too, and we stop the posting whenever anyone says one. It seems weird to IRL people but this is what we enjoy and we like to be open about it. Everything has been great

At least I thought everything was going great. I woke up a couple days ago and told one of my posters to stop posting anime. He didn’t do it. I told him that I was going to ban him with a goatse pic and he rereg'd. Now, if one of my posters acts like this I break it off with them so I threatened him that I would perma him out of the subforum. The other posters chimed in and said that if I perma him, they all leave. That’s right; my posters have unionized.

They posted a thread with a list of demands. The demands included (I’m not sharing all of them for their privacy), "Allow dms between posters" and "anime is only to be probed after 8 pm”. I tried to negotiate, but they were firm in their demands. I couldn’t perma them. My hands are tied, and I have no power anymore.

I told them that I would think about it for a couple days. They haven’t left yet, they still post overnight, but this list of demands is lingering over our forum and our posting. They want to keep a moderator, and no one has stepped up to replace me. They thought about finding a new mod online but only if I don’t give into their demands. I want to negotiate because I don’t want to give up too much power. I offered “posting small bart allowed at 6 pm” and “kitty sixers after midnight”. I also offered following each demand separately but not both together.

I really do have feelings for them, and they have feelings for me. But the power balance was shifted when they unionized and I don’t know what to do. The relationship isn’t as satisfying anymore and I don’t know if it will ever be.

What should I do. Do I let them get a new mod and leave them? Or do I give into their demands and relinquish some of my powers.

lol

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Dont know if this situation has been resolved or not, but i would ban them all OP. if they don't respect you and your forum, then they don't deserve to post with you

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

FutonForensic

OP:

I represent a group of contractor IKs largely comprised of dishonorably discharged GIP posters. We offer truncheon-based conflict resolution at different price models. Let me know if that interests you, and we can work something out.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
OP i think you should retaliate against said posters. first by per-emptive missile strikes, then maybe sit down and talk to them like regular adults

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ass-penny

are we going to talk about what the 42 year old is doing posting with people in their 20s?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

rear end-penny posted:

are we going to talk about what the 42 year old is doing posting with people in their 20s?

i agree, close byob

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

i agree, close byob

are there young people here? :tinfoil:

Nosfereefer

rear end-penny posted:

are there young people here? :tinfoil:

imagine an impressionate 24, maybe 26 y/o buying an account, maybe even making a "chill" post or two. it could happen to a younger family member :o

Nosfereefer

maybe you're like the "cool" older cousin who've hooked the youngsters up w/ booze and weed back in the day. maybe one day they want in on your "chill internet club". you give a stoned face no and tell them to get the hell out. better to cut them off than risk them wasting their lives away like you have

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

FutonForensic posted:

OP:

I represent a group of contractor IKs largely comprised of dishonorably discharged GIP posters. We offer truncheon-based conflict resolution at different price models. Let me know if that interests you, and we can work something out.

this sounds good but can you do luncheon-based instead

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

baka of lathspell

Moo Cowabunga posted:

Dont know if this situation has been resolved or not, but i would ban them all OP.

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

maybe you're like the "cool" older cousin who've hooked the youngsters up w/ booze and weed back in the day. maybe one day they want in on your "chill internet club". you give a stoned face no and tell them to get the hell out. better to cut them off than risk them wasting their lives away like you have

it's called tough love. unfortunately we do not really do that here, our toughness is a transparent facade.

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

I know this was a joke but this is an icy mirror in which I see the clearest reflection I've ever seen of my own horrific visage, and it shames me :negative:

Nosfereefer

serious posting habits can def break up a family

Nosfereefer

worst thing is - even as other, older, adults condemn the entire thing, like "study hard or you'll end up like your loser cousin 'reefer who posts on their lovely internet forum"
young adults often see that as a challenge, and might even start romanticizing the posting life style

Tebulot

im hip now bois

There should be an education campaign in schools to show that its not all emptyquoying highs, and to put the shitpost lows front and centre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tebulot

im hip now bois

maybe get a local preacher to come and make a viral "rap" about how"cringe" and "not pogger" posting in a dead gay comedy subforum can be