Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
You get the longest weekend! (Unless you work retail. :mad:)

Friday will usually be a half day, or even the whole day off.

Fireworks (if you like to go to that and sit in traffic for 3 hours when everyone leaves at once) will be Saturday or Sunday.

Then, you get Monday off since that's the actual holiday.

If you shoot your own fireworks off (and annoy the neighbors and/or set their houses on fire when your amateur setup misfires), you can do it for 3-4 days in a row if you want!

Anyways, Happy July 4th, the day the entire world celebrates their independence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o10x-kTRvWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Upcqg5mbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
July 4th is pretty cool. But now we have the technology to play the screams of shot dying children at high volume throughout all our cities and celebrate what the country truly values freedom wise so I don’t know why we still do fireworks?

Imagine 4 whole days of screaming! Truly American.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where’s the holiday to celebrate the British? Should be July 5th so everyone can deal with their mixed emotions. Poppers and cheesecake and leftover fireworks.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Happy america day!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Tuesdays are for funerals.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
I saw a meme that said "Someone in the United States has no clue that this is their last weekend with all ten fingers."

Talking to my ER nurse friends...this is very accurate.

Happy (and safe) 4th!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Some Guy From NY posted:

I saw a meme that said "Someone in the United States has no clue that this is their last weekend with all ten fingers."

Talking to my ER nurse friends...this is very accurate.

Happy (and safe) 4th!

I hope it's me, I hear you get a tax break for claiming less than 10

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like you should get the 4th+5th off, it sucks when the 4th is before a workday cause it's a celebration you obviously wanna stay up for. Should be like a new year's eve celebration kinda situation imho.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Ah, July 4th, the day where everyone forgets their rights and selves are being taken away because of hot dogs, flags, and miniature (and otherwise) explosions.

I don't think there really is a more American America Day. God bless you insane motherfuckers.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress NATIONALISM!

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Tuesday is going to be absolutely lovely. I'm down for three days off, but gently caress~drat it!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I cant wait to not go to work

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I think that the best day for the 4th is on the 4th because it'd be really hosed up if the 4th was on the 22nd or some poo poo!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chief McHeath posted:

I think that the best day for the 4th is on the 4th because it'd be really hosed up if the 4th was on the 22nd or some poo poo!

:aaaaa:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
On Monday:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol Remember the giant Trump boat parade and people's poo poo was like sinking hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjZ2Xex2PnI

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol Remember the giant Trump boat parade and people's poo poo was like sinking hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjZ2Xex2PnI

This made me happy.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Took the whole week off because gently caress going in on Tuesday after this bullshit, impossible to get a decent night sleep on the 4th, assholes up at all hours setting poo poo off.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Good morning Grandpa

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

i’m gonna be celebrating “no wait please take us back” day

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Monday is always a half day. You don't actually start work until mid day and then roll over a lot to Tuesday.

Tuesday and Wednesday is is a mess but you sort your stuff out and push a few things further into the week.

Thursday is the only real work day.

Friday is a fake work day where you just turn up and re-arrange your desk.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe if you work at the circus, you clown

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Where’s the holiday to celebrate the British? Should be July 5th so everyone can deal with their mixed emotions. Poppers and cheesecake and leftover fireworks.

whatever day they burned down the white house

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

All the cities/towns near here doing fireworks shows are doing them tomorrow night, save one.
That just seems dumb. Do it tonight so people can recover and grill out tomorrow and stuff, not stay up super late to watch them and have to go into work the next morning, what the heck...

Also it's supposed to storm all night tomorrow, which has been predicted for some time, too, so there's an additional 'why not done' component.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp, people were gonna do their poo poo a day early after their whole a-team got smoked, and the b-team is the munitions supplier, and they’re out of stock, and they are currently testing some of their c-team, so I got the whole c-team, but even if there’s some left the b-team doesn’t have poo poo for them. Then they have their two gangbanger alternates that they’re putting leverage on and who have agreed to something in conversation but have not committed yet (still a reason) and their gluten bonded pile of bodies from failed tests that take X amount of time to render on a hot network terminal (hoping hackers will help them render slower) to shut down my internet, and then that’s it. We always get caught up for extra days on the “wait he really good guy, he do nothing wrong” poo poo and the dead soyboys on the terminals :shrug:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I used to be a "just shut up and grill" type of guy but nowadays celebrating america seems oddly morbid.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Big Beef City posted:

All the cities/towns near here doing fireworks shows are doing them tomorrow night, save one.
That just seems dumb. Do it tonight so people can recover and grill out tomorrow and stuff, not stay up super late to watch them and have to go into work the next morning, what the heck...

Agreedo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I have ro go to work at 10pm tomorrow, and I work next to the balloon fiesta park so I have to go to work at like 8 to beat the fireworks traffic that will be getting out exactly when I need to be there.

It's gonna be pretty stupid!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dont have to go to work in the morning :swish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 7, 2022