Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

All Fantasy Everything is a weekly show, produced by Headgum Studios, where funny people and experts come together to fantasy draft pop culture. From music to movies to sandwiches, everything is in play!

All Fantasy Everything is a comedy podcast started in 2016 by television writer Ian Karmel. Shortly after it started, Ian brought on two other comedians and friends of his, David Gborie and Sean Jordan, to be regulars on the show, along with putting superproducer Marissa at the controls. Below is a picture of the four, with David on the left, Ian in the back-middle, Marissa on the right, and Sean crouching in front:

Introducing the Good Vibes Gang

- Ian Karmel is a Jewish (bar mitzvah and everything) television writer who serves as the sidekick on The Late Late Show With James Corden. He's the son of Saint Sue Karmel, enjoys linen clothing, and began life as a fancy little gentleman.

- David Gborie is the voice of Comedy Central and active stand-up comedian who drafted Tiffany as the #1 overall pick in the Pop Music Divas draft. Although he's no longer on Twitter (you blew it), he describes himself on his website as "a proud son of a hard working Sierra Leonean mother, he reps Colorado real heavy and he’s never called the cops." All true!

- Sean Cougar MelonJordan is an active stand-up comedian who was, as David put it, an "at-risk youth" who grew up in Sioux Falls believing he was a member of the Crips, dressing like a crazy person, and not using towels. He loves baths, malls, and skateboarding.

Frequent guests on the podcast include Shane Torres, Zak Toscani, Amy Miller, Katie Nolan, Mike Mulloy, Alison Herman, and Miel Bredouw, although many dozens of different folks have made appearances.

Each episode begins with a chat that typically lasts between 20 to 30 minutes, so for new listeners, I would recommend skipping a bit to get to the draft. Most episodes follow a five-round snake draft format, with the last round being an abbreviated lightning round. The opening section is typically very fun once you've familiarized yourself with the hosts, but I wouldn't start there as a new listener unless you know the guest.

Links

Here is AFE's linktree, which contains links to the podcast on various platforms. It also links to the Patreon, which offers ad-free versions of the show, brief pre-roll video clips, and bonus mailbag episodes.

Finally, here are a few highlight episodes I would recommend:

- Words That You Think Make You Sound Smart (guest: Zak Toscani)
- Road Trips (guest: Miel Bredouw)
- Disney Songs (guest: Katie Nolan)

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I appreciate finding this post on the day that Shane Torres's audio sounds like it was recorded through a Taco Bell drive thru speaker.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Weird Food Combos was loving bonkers.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Eat The Rich posted:

Weird Food Combos was loving bonkers.

Tortillas dipped in cold alfredo gets called back more often, but can of corn with yellow mustard is the way grosser pick to me.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The new episode with Toscani and Golic Jr. doesn't have David, unfortunately, but it made me cackle about a half-dozen times.

I ate Gushers and I never thought about death. - Ian Karmel, speaking about his childhood.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Never heard of Golic before but just like every other sports person they’ve brought into the fold (Katie Nolan, Zach Harper) he fits in beautifully.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I love Sean and Ian, but David is the most consistently funny guy on the show. I highly recommend checking out his other podcast, My Momma Told Me with Langston Kerman.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My eyes went so wide when I saw the title of the latest ep

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm only halfway through this Toys episode and it's an absolute banger. Sean's double dick trauma, the nerfemberg trials, and the double-whammy of David's first two picks was just incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I want to give a shout to My Momma Told Me again, especially if you're like me and think David is the best part of AFE. He's more able to get real weird and wild over there, he seems like he's enjoying himself more. I find that on AFE David gets shoved too often into playing the reasonable man to Sean's loveable dunce. Ian's also been getting a little up his own butt lately.