Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
https://www.heckfood.co.uk/blogs/whats-new/heck-launch-worlds-first-beanchup-and-eggchup

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I think it's just a PR stunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
And they don't package the ingredients very securely, so your cheese sauce may well end up leaking out all over the inside of your package!

https://youtu.be/as2pnYmfJJc

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/RegionalUSFood/status/1609196930428555264

This one's probably fine, I just enjoy the visual appearance of rich mold veins running through it

Oh, most definitely would! The green veins don't put me off in this instance I have to say.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

At least use a proper butty for the photo instead of two slices of the UK equivalent of Wonder Bread!

(no, this Yank still would not eat it)

Yeah that's the saddest chip butty I've ever seen. For a proper butty you need to use a bun, a bap, a barmcake or a stottie!

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

HookedOnChthonics posted:

The mi goreng is going to blow your mind :allears:

Also see if you can track down some Nissin Raoh King of Ramen Tonkotsu, that’s the good stuff. Highest quality noodle outside of the ultra-luxe $10 kits

e. Also looks like your mystery box didn’t give you the two most worthwhile Mama varieties, the pad Thai and green curry :sad:

Welp I'm a bit drunk and I've just ordered a 30 pack of Mama green curry noodles, I have high hopes for these now!

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
The munchy box is from Scotland, and the spice bag is Irish! There are many, many things you can blame on the English, but not those two in particular!

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I got some south african drywors off the market today, it's... very very strange, it's like a dessicated sausage except it has big globs of fat in it, I think it's suet? The taste is quite pleasant but the texture is very weird.

Also looks like a really ugly turd unfortunately.

Yeah the lumps of fat work OK in boerewors because they melt down as it cooks and keep it moist, but in droewors they just kind of sit there and coat your mouth in cold grease when you eat it. Much prefer biltong for my dessicated meat snacking.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
At the top, the recipe does mention using Italian sausage if you're making dressing instead of stuffing, so I can see where confusion might have occurred.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Needs more chili crisp for that amount of rice.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a long video url from reddit, they make it a little convoluted to link their videos from offsite. Let's see if it works, stripping out some of the excess stuff:

https://packaged-media.redd.it/51r1ppa8b5lb1/pb/m2-res_626p.mp4

e: so nope, for that one. I've had success sharing videos by changing the url of the main comment to end in ".json", then searching through the page source info to find "fallback_url" which shows an mp4 link to use here. Maybe that doesn't work for every one, I dunno.

I can get those links to work by copying the url, opening a chrome incognito tab and pasting them in there. Opening straight from the awful app doesn't seem to work.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
French taco looks like it's just a crispy burrito, leaving the fact they got the name wrong aside, I'd be quite happy to have that as drunk food after a night out

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

FFT posted:

I used to bartend at one. One day someone from out of town and asked for recommendations off the legit Cantonese menu, so he got the spicy fried chicken thing that was always fantastic. He also asked what the "crispy tiny fish" dish was, I told him I had no idea and had never seen it ordered before. It was lightly battered and fried whole tiny fish. Not sure what else I was expecting, but it was alright tbh.

Sounds like whitebait which is pretty great and one of my favourite starters, will see if the place near me has it on their 'not for anglos' menu - but they are a sichuan place so may not have it, but will see!

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

I hear most I hear most microwavable things are better in the oven if you want to spend time on them. I don't really know if the average frozen dinner could do with the extra seasoning, but I don't like how trying to use tongs on everything leaves so much behind.

Scattering trash on top of the stove also offends me, and that's a gross lookin dry old onion and avocado, but I wonder if they're strategically placed specifically for the visual.

Spoiler alert, they were strategically placed specifically for the visual! 100% rage bait to 'drive engagement'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wasn't porridge unlocked when we discovered grain and agriculture in general

i feel like cromagnon breakfast was like, A Pile Of Berries

Yesterday's leftover mammoth, cold. You can leave it out all night, it's just as good the next day.