Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Artisanally bespoke grocery sushi, peanut butter crackers, and chef boyardee. :yum: What's more American than peanut butter and cultural appropriation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

FOOD REVIEW TIME!

GROSS AF

I have to say, the weirdly chemical taste and unnatural texture of slim jims is not an experience I would have expected to be improved with Takis powder so. Disappointed but not surprised.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

new pastries just dropped

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Bloop posted:

Everything I know about baba ghanoush I learned from watching MXC

So, nothing really

You learned the most important thing: that baba ghanoush is really fun to say.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Screaming Idiot posted:

It depends on the restaurant, but it's not too bad.

In my experience, Domino's is certainly overpriced but it's not bad. Instead, its problem is that it's so aggressively mediocre that it doesn't really stand out. Some people like Pizza Hut for the absurd greasiness, Papa John's is notable for the proprietor being an rear end in a top hat and their crusts being crunchy cardboard, Domino's is just... there. It exists. It used to suck massively but then they went through this whole PR campaign about "we fixed it! it doesn't suck any more!" and now it's just the :geno: of fast food pizza.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Ive had mac n cheese pizza, its good. Dont know if id like quite that much tho

yeah i would have like a third of that slice and then die from way too many carbs. it would be a good death, though :coal:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Y'know? Unapologetically would. Probably better than most fast food calzones I've had.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dog nougat posted:

French fry soup

Yeah I like my poutine with extra pout.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sadly(?), "tic tac taco" is apparently the name of an actual taco restaurant that has nothing to do with the mints so finding a picture of an actual taco with them inside is way too much :effort:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captain Hygiene posted:

"What should we have for dinner tonight, honey?"
"I don't really care, as long as it has A loving SHITLOAD OF RAISINS!!"

The magic is dark hexes. And I say that as a raisin enjoyer.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

So I was showing the raisin food image to my partner and she pointed out that "A1 steak sauce has raisins in it." Well sure enough, it's loving raisins. So yeah, apparently raisins and steak is awesome, gently caress the haters.

Yeah, steak (and to a lesser extent hamburgers and to a greater extent french fries) do fine with a little raisin.

It's when you start shoving them in baked beans that I start getting confused and angry.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sports in the 1900s were very different. People thought running/weight lifting was bad for you. People took strychnine to enhance performance. Some of the best ball players got drunk every time before playing. So yeah, I could see some pickled peppers or chocolate bars getting touted as performance enhancers.

In the defense of that one guy I don't think the consumption of rat poison and brandy was willing, but under severe duress by those same bugfuck idiotic coaches that would in more modern times insist he chug a bottle of essential oils.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

OwlFancier posted:

my only reference for mormon party food has led me to believe that mormon parties are not very good.

Mormons notably are forbidden from ingesting any alcohol (sensible except for the fact this includes eating anything cooked with it, despite how cooking with alcohol works), and also restricted from drinking any coffee or tea. (loving what)

Far more understandably, almost all the mormons before the 1980s lived in loving Utah, one of the most boring parts of the entire USA.

What I'm saying is that your assessment is spot on that they have the worst parties you can imagine.

SlothfulCobra posted:

More ridiculous is this:

3 years too early for casual Chinese racism to be made popular by Disney. They were so close.

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1589438555784630273

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 11:34 on Nov 7, 2022

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sir Lemming posted:

Turkey Flavored Dog Brew

TURKEY FLAVORED Dog Brew

Has the exact same cadence as "Children love the meat tank", could envision Hot Dad belting it out as a whole song. 10/10

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scarodactyl posted:

The first several of these are suicides in case anyone's wondering. Real bummer.

I assume in this case suicide implies knowledge and intent, not the fact it was self-administered?

Though I am getting a chuckle at the concept of being forcefed energy drinks by the mafia until my heart explodes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

[archie mcphee]
they are all a nightmare lol.

Unlike those, these were made to be taken seriously (and probably aren't too bad if you don't mind even MORE cloying sweetness than your normal candy cane):

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 09:58 on Dec 19, 2022

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PurpleXVI posted:

Lemme tell you, if you have actual food poisoning, you are in no loving doubt about it.

Unless it's something that is actually worse than food poisoning that just feels like food poisoning instead because once you hit the frowny faces on the hospital pain scale it becomes hard to differentiate "I am going to die in seven days" from "I am going to die right loving now". Having a gall stone blockage felt a LOT like food poisoning, except I could never actually get anything out of my system so it was just the constant cramping and overwhelming nausea getting worse and worse ad infinitum.

Anyway the point still stands that even "mild food poisoning" is something akin to having all of your organs ejected from your body at high velocity with hellfire while every muscle in your body screams in agony.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mymla posted:

This looks good, though. Nobody would question it if it was just chili with bread, which is exactly what a cinnamon roll is.

It's the absolutely glurge-like amount of pure sugar icing that is usually involved with a cinnamon roll that puts me off; overly sweet things and chili don't go good to my tastes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Also see if you can track down some Nissin Raoh King of Ramen Tonkotsu, that’s the good stuff. Highest quality noodle outside of the ultra-luxe $10 kits.

I am having problems finding a definitive answer on this elsewhere on the internet and my particular phrasing would fit in with this thread: is it supposed to look like noodles drowned in cum or did I gently caress up preparation somehow?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Buddy I got some bad news for you about Malört.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Butterfly Valley posted:

IDK America there's lot of your regional specialities that I reckon are probably great comfort food but this one just looks like even at its best it could only be like an OK school dinner

we're so broken that sometimes "ok school dinner" is the best comfort we can get so we get nostalgic for weird things

don't ask me how long I've been craving sbarro slices

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

uber_stoat posted:

i always heard it was meant to be a pomegranate. apple grenade.

:aaaaa: why did my brain never make that etymological association before now. Pome/apple because it's fruit, grenade because it ends lives. (Not by eating it, just by existing)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CzarChasm posted:

I'm confused. Is this all for this woman's own personal consumption or does she have an energy drink side hustle? One is OK, the other not so much.

The latest dumb Tiktok nutrition craze is people "spicing up" their drinks by putting absurd amounts of flavor syrup into them. Usually I've seen it as water, to imply it's """"healthy"""", but knowing there's a looney toon who does it with Red Bull and 5 Hour Energy is maybe the least surprising thing.

I'm about 50/50 on if people are really drinking their own homemade kool-aid on this or if it's another "washed-up magician orchestrating massive food waste" scenario.

tl;dr: the intent is that she is drinking it herself, potentially with the implication that it is for personal health reasons.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://v.redd.it/hz3p9mfzewta1/DASH_720.mp4
ngl it looks interesting, pointless, but I'd try some grey steamed pizza

There may be no pizza rules but I'm still gonna look at the person who cuts a pizza with food shears like some sorta weirdo. If you're gonna use some bespoke kitchen tool, that's literally why a pizza cutter exists.

The pizza looks fine, though, the weird greyish brown color just seems like some sort of whole-wheat situation in the dough?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Pizza Chicken Coop

Pizza Chicken, competitive. :getin:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's not asking for the savory stuff you get in Indian cuisine, if that's the demarcation. I've never seen anything in America advertised as "peanut butter" that ISN'T a sugar-loaded insulin bomb.

That said, enough people eat sweet pickles that I don't see what the problem is when I eat a PBP. :shrug:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Your peanut butter contains at least 3 ingredients: peanuts, insect parts, and rodent hairs.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/health/insect-rodent-filth-in-food-wellness/index.html

I live below the poverty line, all my food contains insect parts. Or as an ingredient label would claim it, "natural flavorings".

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Facebook Aunt posted:

That doesn't look bad, but my brain is breaking over how to eat it. Fries are finger food, but peas definitely are not.

Unhinge jaw, upend entire tray straight into mouth.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Coca-Cola already has those for sodas, IoT-enabled and all. You see them in a decent spread of fast food places around the US. Condiments seems like a natural next step.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tunicate posted:

Coke Freestyle machines support DRM on cups so you get one fill and that's it

"Support" in the same way that a shotgun "supports" putting your dick in it. It's possible, and arguably an intended purpose, and I'm certain someone's used it for that purpose, but I've never seen it happen personally and anyone who does it is asking for a whole bunch of pain.

Even if they added that functionality (they did) nobody uses it. Assumedly it costs less to just have free refills than it does to have bespoke NFC-coded disposable cups.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Western market kept trying to gently caress with the formula to make it more popular. You remember Bawlz, right?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nameless Pete posted:

This is the food version of the DeviantArt thread. "Ha ha! Look how turned on by this I'm not," as sweat beads on your forehead.

Not enough arguments about Wonder Bread in here for that.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm also a massive cottage cheese fan but I don't buy it all that often for some reason. The key is an enormous amount of fresh cracked black pepper. And salt if you buy large curd

Fritos as a scooping receptacle will largely mitigate the need for added salt if you're like me and just eating it straight from the container like an animal. But agreed on the "pepper makes cottage cheese ascend to godhood" count.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Grape Nuts baked into muffins or whatever are perfectly fine, presenting them as a cold cereal is just a cruel joke on anyone involved.

In sexual elk's defense it sounds like there was some sort of arcane eldritch ritual that had to be performed perfectly each time in order to make them edible. Any cold cereal where you have to be more careful than "dump cereal in bowl" followed by "dump milk in bowl" is more preparation than I'm willing to give cold cereal. (Fruit or sugar is allowed but should be equally dumpable which is why I prefer berries over bananas in my breakfast)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I swear canadian Kraft singles are different from the famouser :911: brand, and I desperately miss them

also produit de fromage fondu makes it sound so much fancier. English was a mistake.

Judging by the packaging alone I'd suspect that America does have that particular strain of Kraft, but here it's marketed as the "Deluxe" line because it's too good for us poors. I mean, come on, should I be getting fromage fondu with my food stamps? That's clearly an abuse of the system and stealing your taxpayer moneys! :jerkbag:

EDIT: also for thread relevancy I have known a nonzero number of Americans who do, in fact, put it on their burgers with the plastic still on :barf:

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Oct 20, 2023

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Why did every hot dog ad from the era have a kid with the exact same expression and pose? I get turning the weiner so it can be seen in the picture but the dopey grin while you hold it a foot away from your face always confounds me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rye bread? Garnish??? I'm eating a sandwich with only yellow mustard how rich do you think I am?

Nah that poo poo is on toasted white bread and the butter is optional. A struggle meal I've come back to several times.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-58KobeFU

I guess it turns out that Hot Dr. Pepper is...fine? :shrug:
There's also some history of the soda and the recipe there, which is pretty fun. #proudcrowd

There's nothing inherently awful about heating up Dr Pepper except that it will go flat. The spices it uses work just fine as a kind of weird syrupy cider. People willingly drink Bovril and this is nowhere near as forceful a flavor profile.

But "try it for zest" is eternally locked into my brain.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

"wrong thread" just means "i would eat that" in this thread tbqh

I don't know anyone who would not accept their coworker's meatballs unless it's for dietary/allergen reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bill Murray had a bad week, okay?