Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Over the summer I started mixing cold brew coffee (concentrated) with soda water and some kind of syrup. It's almost just making Coke again, but if you don't overdo the syrup and the cold brew is good, it can be really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Turkey Flavored Dog Brew

TURKEY FLAVORED Dog Brew

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I like the single note of cheer. Seems accurate.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This looks like the chicken that would come packaged with an action figure. Radical Vegan Raphael.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

drat, I was really hoping this recipe would actually sound bad so I could say "We finally found the Bowling Green Massacre"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

dog nougat posted:

I'm sure they're fine, but the packaging doesn't instill confidence

I love how the mascot is a perfectly drawn representation of "trying to come up with an explanation on the spot for this thing I'm gesturing towards"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I used to think the answer to "am I the only one" was always "no" with a roll of the eyes. But in this case, yes. Yes you are.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

That feels like way more qualifiers than should be necessary.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Shotdogs?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Daym drops another one of his rare 1-star reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q304PHyLTOw

The real fun starts around halfway in as he becomes progressively angrier at the food

Is Werner Herzog on Cameo?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

hallo spacedog posted:

My mom has this recipe collection and there are a lot of hilarious photos in it

"Children's Favorites"

I'm also very confused by their usage of the word "buns"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Absinthe is also significantly high proof considering it doesn't usually have that much of a burn to it (compared to how a similar proofed whiskey would taste), so you can only imagine how that would affect people who were used to drinking wine. There's a reason most cocktails only use like ½oz or a few dashes of it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

BEEFARONI!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I feel bad for Daym getting into a lot of legitimately bad food lately but here we go again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_MM5ArZaM

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A few weeks ago he did one that was "Eating at the worst rated seafood restaurant gone wrong!" and I thought he had gotten sick. Turns out he hadn't, but I guess Daym has just been really lucky so far.

That was a fun little clickbait, what actually "went wrong" was that all the worst rated ones also happened to be closed for the season (he's in CT so they take that stuff pretty seriously), so he just settled for whatever was open at the time, and they actually turned out to be amazing.

He did get hospitalized a few months ago, but it was because he drank like 10 espresso martinis and a few shots of Hennessy for his birthday.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This YouTube channel normally goes in the cocktail thread, but this one belongs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg759YK1PVg

Making stupid drinks from TikTok, including:
- "Oldest Fashioned", featuring "book syrup"
- coffee maker eggnog
- dirty martini jello shots
- "office"(?) pickle backs

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

A bang in every bottle? It'll tickle your innards? Pleasin' squeezins? Don't get me started on whatever that weird barefoot thing was all about. Mountain Dew was the original Horny Brand.

Uhhhhh that one on the right makes me uncomfortable for entirely different reasons

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Data Graham posted:

I'll tell people it's fake cheese all day long but put a nicely grilled Kraft singles sandwich in front of me and turn 360 in one spot and it'll have disappeared

I unofficially swore off American cheese for a while after gaining an appreciation for other stuff; however, I've rediscovered that deli American cheese is still pretty fantastic sometimes.

I realize this neatly functions as a microcosm of stereotypical hipsterism in general, but that doesn't mean it ain't true

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Mar 29, 2023

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ror posted:

I really want to try making an actual orange vanilla milk now with fresh milk and oranges and real vanilla.

If you can find orange blossom water (I get mine from a middle-eastern grocery store) there's a great mocktail called Cease and Desist -- presumably originally called Creamsicle Soda or something -- which hits the spot, though I've never tried it with vanilla. The recipe as-is definitely tasted like a Creamsicle to me though.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Can confirm that the Smucker's natural peanut butter is legit. I've never disliked peanut butter, but now I absolutely cannot go back to Jif. The taste and texture are genuinely bad to me.

An added benefit is that it also works great as a "peanut butter sauce" to top ice cream with. It's just barely liquidy enough, unless you're way at the bottom of the jar.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
They (I don't know who "they" actually is, because it's not universal) fairly recently introduced a revamped Nutrition Facts label that has a "per serving" table side-by-side with a "per container" table. I definitely don't see it on everything, but it's starting to show up more.

"FIESTA TART" is an anagram for "I TASTE FART"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I like how, at least on the front, it just says KRAFT RANCH

Not even dressing, just RANCH

It's like, you can't prove that it isn't

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Funeral Lasagna

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Pookah posted:

They are quite different from everything else; I always assumed they had a lot of egg because of the texture, but it seems like it's just heavily developed gluten that makes them the way they are.
They toast up really well, and are neutrally flavored, so you can either butter n syrup them, or throw on a savory topping, like a poached egg and they are still really good.

I've only made sourdough discard crumpets, but if those are an accurate representation, they're almost like halfway between English muffins and pancakes. Similar shape as English muffins, but way more airy, bubbly, crispy, and oily. Whereas English muffins I would expect to be more baked and bready, with a browned and lightly dusted crust.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Filox posted:

My eyes are trying to tell me this is a Ramen turnover, with chopped hot dogs and barbecue sauce filling.

Doesn't quite fit the meter of The Battle Hymn of the Republic, but we can workshop it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I understand not including water in the ingredients list but leaving out the irradiated milk until the end has to be an intentional jump scare.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

PurpleXVI posted:

Basically the same, when you get right down to it.

What I'm wondering is what the quantity was, because I can't imagine a measurement of sage that would be remotely comparable to any measurement of sausage that would go into any given dish. Like a tablespoon of sausage??

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

maybealabia posted:

Sees 'er salad

"I Hardly Know 'er" Salad

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
We all know that no knife compares to this knife. What a good knife. What a magic knoife.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Imp Brisket

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzGr4s4vgIY

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Man at least some of these other abominations took effort. This just feels like an insult. But also like, a bizarre insult that you don't actually understand.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

CzarChasm posted:

That sounds like something a kayak eater would say.

Nonsense, I know you can't have your kayak and eat it too

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Deli sliced American cheese on a breakfast sandwich is sublime.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah that actually looked good unlike the rest of the video. Egg sandwiches can be kind of a pain to put together.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
When Americans think of Italian food they are pretty much thinking of New York food

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's the same thing with tomatoes. Most of the ones I buy at the store are just adequate enough to get by with, but get a good variety for a home garden and spend some time tending the plants as they grow? I'll just eat those things like apples, they're so good.

Garden tomatoes are pretty much the only thing that totally lives up to the "better than store bought" hype. I enjoy other fresh stuff for various reasons but would probably fail a blind taste test most of the time.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Actual lol, I don't know what I expected to be inside but it was not a little roast bird

this you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Maybe they're just teetotalers, and they're also informing you that this is soup stock .