Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Roundup Ready posted:

Pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but I had a friend turn me on to what she called a hillbilly highball. Mt dew and bourbon. Tastes like a half assed whiskey sour.

mountain dew was originally developed to be mixed with whiskey, and its name is just a slang term for whiskey, so this makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeehaw

quote:

The early logos featured a barefooted "Grandpappy" hillbilly with a jug of moonshine. Later, in an ode to the days of Prohibition, the packaging had the hillbilly with his rifle, shooting at a federal revenue agent.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I love how deranged and needless old ad copy was. Just a whole paragraph of Mtn Dew lore for no discernible reason.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How did the Dew go from noble and cultured roots such as those depicted above to being the gamer fuel drink

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

steinrokkan posted:

How did the Dew go from noble and cultured roots such as those depicted above to being the gamer fuel drink

it was referenced (alongside cheetos) in a famous comedy sketch about dungeons and dragons, and was henceforth forever branded as The Nerd Drink.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

steinrokkan posted:

Thereby hangs a tale

The "hillbilly" image got filtered in the 70s through back-to-the-land naturalism and kids frolicking in swimmin' holes, swinging on a tire out over the pond, and that led to XXXXTREEEME SPORTS. And because no sport is more high-energy and demanding on the body than video gamin', well...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I always assumed it was just because the high caffeine content let you stay up late playing vidja games.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the history of Mountain Dew is complex and the brand has transformed several times over the course of its existence.

as an example, for a brief span the brand entered what historians refer to as "the Feet Phase."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCd7KjuBPbw

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

VictualSquid posted:

The aliexpress thread found a seller of food based keychains.

Oh I have two of those, the drumstick and the fry. They're great, I love them. The fry is bendy and the drumstick is heavy enough to use as a bludgeoning weapon :v:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DontMockMySmock posted:

it was referenced (alongside cheetos) in a famous comedy sketch about dungeons and dragons, and was henceforth forever branded as The Nerd Drink.

Data Graham posted:

Thereby hangs a tale

The "hillbilly" image got filtered in the 70s through back-to-the-land naturalism and kids frolicking in swimmin' holes, swinging on a tire out over the pond, and that led to XXXXTREEEME SPORTS. And because no sport is more high-energy and demanding on the body than video gamin', well...

:hmmyes:
Pleezin' gamin' squeezin'

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Super Mario Moonshine is pretty inspired

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rather than going with the usual “Mountain [x]” nomenclature, a local bottler in NE Ohio called its Mtn Dew knockoff “Hillbilly Joose”.

I’m most familiar with the green can, as it is obviously the newest one. The bottler, Cotton Club, kept it up into the late ‘90s, even as Mtn Dew was going Xtreem!, until it went under.

They could make out like bandits with the Q-Anon/Pwease No Steppy crowd if they modernize this by giving the fed modern gear and changing the hooch runner into a redhat gamer/Ammon Bundy amalgamation

root beer has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Mar 21, 2023

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

They could make out like bandits with the Q-Anon/Pwease No Steppy crowd if they modernize this by giving the fed modern gear and changing the hooch runner into a redhat gamer/Ammon Bundy amalgamation

I imagine they'd lose more money from weirding out normal people than they'd gain from that crowd.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*smacking lips* strong hints of hug-a-jug, yet an overall *swish* dewy profile. *spits*

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Zero_Grade posted:

Few can resist its seductive delights.

Good excuse to post one of my favorite dumb mods for this game: Cheese bow
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7203130531742059781

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've made the Mojito Supreme a few times, it's delicious.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

i'd try a corn syrup screwdriver

also, cheers to the person who at least tried with the gangtag. :shobon:

It breaks tables on mobile too, lol.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

i'd try a corn syrup screwdriver

also, cheers to the person who at least tried with the gangtag. :shobon:

lol I fixed it now

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

e: beaten before I even posted

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

CzarChasm posted:

They used to sell a Mtn Dew flavored vodka years ago (The Dude), and my FIL really enjoyed it. I managed to find a source for the syrup, so every Christmas I make him a few bottles of the stuff. The only problem is keeping it, as the syrup takes up a lot of shelf space for something that only gets handled once or twice a year.

This is absolute top-tier gifting and in-lawing. Great job.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, they obv need to find more uses for mountain dew syrup though. Mountain Dew extreme milk?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Moontain Dew?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

dog nougat posted:

Yeah, they obv need to find more uses for mountain dew syrup though. Mountain Dew extreme milk?

That could make for some delicious mountain milkshakes

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dewlattes and cappdewccinos also on the table

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

These Weird ’70s Foods Deserve to Be Celebrated featuring the person behind the 70s Dinner Party account

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh dear god that reminds me of an amazingly disgusting horror movie that scarred me for life.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

dog nougat posted:

Basically any cocktail where you use simple syrup, replace it with dew syrup.

Dew-garrita or Dew-quari for example

You know, I'm subscribed to a few different cocktail you tubes, maybe I can go over the backlogs and see what would be "good".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The mint Dewlep for Derby day

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

Basically any cocktail where you use simple syrup, replace it with dew syrup.

Dew-garrita or Dew-quari for example

You know, I'm subscribed to a few different cocktail you tubes, maybe I can go over the backlogs and see what would be "good".
We used Coca-Cola syrup for our house old fashioneds at one bar I worked at. They were delicious.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Brawnfire posted:

The mint Dewlep for Derby day

I bet this would work, but you'd have to muddle the mint in a splash of Dew

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/littlecaesars/status/1638193748419964930?t=uYcCgVEaLTAwJS7op4z_4A&s=19

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Wait, is it corncob crust or corn-on-the-cob crust? Because there is a huge difference.

both are bad

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The 2 liter of butter says it's a joke, but that's an early April Fool's.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Schubalts posted:

The 2 liter of butter says it's a joke, but that's an early April Fool's.
Why didn't they just wait? :confused:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
last time I ate little caesars I said never again, it's so bland and lovely. but we got some last week cause we moved and it was even worse than before, like straight up almost no sauce and just greasy and bland. total waste of time. oh and the thin crust was abominable.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
So, is that a yes on the corn cob crust then?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Honestly a corn fritter crust would be dope.

Edit Let's just make corn fritters and that lime chili elote sauce.

BigHead has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Mar 22, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hirayuki posted:

Why didn't they just wait? :confused:

Wondering if whoever runs the Twitter account messed up and dropped it early.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'd be in if it was a corndog crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*Annie music* It's a corn-cob crust, for us! Not a corndog crust, for us! Stead of pizza, we get tricked! Stead of cheese we get real sick! It's a corn-cob crust!