Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i have eaten tis before and the "curry" is curry powder thrown on top

i no longer remember what i tasted, it was a memory shelved forever in the nowhere space

I have never eaten it, and unfortunately, thanks to your description I can taste it.

e:

Cyril Sneer posted:

I knew I became an adult when I realized that any cookie is better than an Oreo cookie.
Storebrand Oreo-likes are better than name-brand. e2: Not actually disagreeing with your actual point, but lemme go off here a moment.

Each store brand changes a variable or two, it's kind of fun to buy a different package each time and figure out which you like better. Mine are Signature Select Tuxedos, which absorb milk readily, but still maintain significant structural integrity so you can lift them out with a fork without losing half the cookie at the bottom of the glass.

Dareon has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Jul 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

From the previous thread, but don't forget a drink and dessert with that!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Brawnfire posted:

The Queen eating escargots without butter, garlic, wine, or heat

"She was called Victoria, because she had beaten us in battle ... and she was called Gloriana, because she was glorious, and she was called the Queen, because the human mouth is not shaped to pronounce her true name." - Neil Gaiman, A Study in Emerald

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh goddamn yuck:

was from this stupid face cam video where he doesn't actually show himself making it so i'm not gonna bother linking it.

I... think somehow you got someone who bootlegged a Tasting History video and slapped their facecam over it, because those screenshots look like the right video, but your description could not be less accurate.

Here's the real one, and if it's actually the one you saw then I'm sorry but you just have no taste or object permanence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWlqxGQXZx8

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OwlFancier posted:

yeah but I've never thought "oo yeah really need some of that warm bread pulp on my food yeah love me some of that, would really make this thing I'm eating just that bit better if I put some unsalted spunk on my food"

Like I don't even like mayonnaise why would I want bechamel sauce?

this except hollandaise

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

My Lovely Horse posted:

picturing a pink sauce bottle with a huge sticker "NOT A MEDICAL PRODUCT"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CzarChasm posted:

What a waste that was. Not weird enough to be completely uniquely off-putting, not interesting enough to bother buying a second bottle. Carbonated "it's OK"

It's like sometime in the recent past I had been eating cotton candy, but at that moment, I was drinking a Coke.

Friend of mine put it best that Coke flavors tend to be flavor COKE, whereas Pepsi flavors tend to be FLAVOR Pepsi.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It might make be anti australian but I fucken hate parmies cause its a waste of a perfectly good schnitzel. It's like putting gravy on chips. Ruins the whole experience in every way

Makes sense, coming from the guy named after the worst bean.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kyte posted:

Anyone who dislikes chickpeas does not know how to make a curry.

I'm American, this goes without saying. :911:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Creature posted:

Spruce can be quite a nice flavour, sometimes on hikes in the forest we pick the young needles off the trees and chew them. I wouldn’t put it in pasta though.

The 49th State Brewing Company up here in Alaska does a spruce tip soda that I quite like. It's a strong citrus flavor, the spruce hits your nose more than your tongue.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's afraid. It's afraid!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Slightly more gelatinous than I tend to like, but I'd give it a shot.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

:colbert:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OwlFancier posted:

a common response to wigan

petition to pronounce wigan so it rhymes with vegan

...You mean it doesn't?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

uber_stoat posted:

all the old fruit heads flavors are around, i can get em all at the gas station next to where i live. cherry, apple grape, like three different variety pack boxes. now with less racism.

one of these days someone is going to break tamarind into mainstream American food culture and they will be crowned a king of snacks.

I already love tamarind Jarritos soda, it does need to be in more snack foods.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

uber_stoat posted:

i'm going to open the first restaurant to specialize in Wad-based cuisine.

When I fantasize about owning a restaurant, one of the sections of the menu will just be labeled "Mess". You pick (broadly) a carb, a meat, and a fluid, and we'll scramble them all together or pour two atop a third. Ramen, egg, and ham. Potatoes, Velveeta, and bacon bits. Wheat toast, ground beef, and cream gravy. Pumpernickel, alfredo, and liver.

In terms of getting nutrition into your body, it's a decent enough application. But I'm under no illusions that it's something appealing enough to go out for regularly.

KataraniSword posted:

Has the exact same cadence as "Children love the meat tank", could envision Hot Dad belting it out as a whole song. 10/10

Also the same cadence as "Panasonic Blu-Ray"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I remember being told about the Sargasso Sea on a school trip to a local eel fishery so I suspect this is one of those things that's been sort-of known or suspected for a long time but only recently proven.

After exhausting the few local museums my school started to stretch to find trip venues.

My class went on a field trip to the local sewage treatment facility. Shortly after the weather dropped below freezing, so it was an attractive nuisance to throw rocks into the frozen-over settlement ponds.

Hirayuki posted:

Fries, cheese curds, gravy. Ça va faire une maudite poutine!

Yeah, like, structurally, "three things together" covers a lot of popular foods. It's just when you start thinking about those things on a list that can be swapped between that things start getting weird.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Goons literally incapable of consuming media unless delivered in a flat monotone

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CannonFodder posted:

Hardee's tried the big fried cheese puck a few years ago. It's something that sounds like a great idea but just doesn't work in real life. Either the cheese is solid and bad or liquid and "burn your mouth" hot. And if it's liquid then half of the cheese burns your mouth, the other half shoots out the back of the burger.

It's the same reason I've tried and didn't really like Jucy Lucy burgers. Cheese inside the burger sounds fun but is deceptive.

I laced cheese through my burger (Slice the normal cheese slice into thin sticks, adding these to your ground beef as you mold it into a patty) a few times and it worked, but not well.

Okay, okay, not bad, not bad, not bad, looks all right, okay that might be a bit much, you can stop now, aaand it's inedible, as in physically incapable of being eaten

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mindless posted:

There's a gnat on the fly on the hair on my bread chips on the comb on the log on the bottom of my plate

And in that gnat there was an egg, a rare egg, a rattlin' egg

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

steinrokkan posted:

It's probably fine, but for god's sake, don't call it creamy spreadable meat

It's not like anyone else will call it that for you.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
An unholy cross between a battery charger and an anti-masturbation cage.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Freaquency posted:

Looks the same coming out as it does going in

country girls make do

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

so tender and mild

...Because I'm sure not seeing any cayenne in those deviled eggs.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SlothfulCobra posted:

So you probably remember this thing that did the rounds a few times. It's very striking.

Well, a youtuber has boldly done the research into the product to determine whether it was real or a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_Dixb57jU

Short answer, it's a hoax.

Long answer: There was never a product intended to be sold (although they were hoping to bait people into buying gaming chairs) or a a food intended for human consumption. There was a one day photography session where they constructed the pictures of the contents of the can out of (theoretically edible) real food and gelatin, and one of the crew nibbled on it a bit, but they didn't actually do the canning process, so there was nothing fit for human consumption when talkshows reached out to them.

Of course it's a fake, no one's gonna believe it if you don't put a maker's logo on it. Even a generic would be better than "Hey, let's leave the placeholder text on until we can find a proper maker's mark oops we accidentally the entire photoshoot"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"oops we accidentally left the placeholder text on throughout the entire business" get outta here

e: I believe you, it's just stupid.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Genuinely not sure whether that's intended for human consumption.

If it is, would. If not, would disgustedly set down my toy with a large bite mark in it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I'd pull the giant slice of obviously unripe tomato out first, then eat it with a knife and fork.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Data Graham posted:

Is this uhhh a bugchaser thing

please don't stick your dick in the 2007 salmonella peanut butter

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

more falafel please posted:

I think you overestimate how much the US had "decided Hitler sucked" before we entered WWII tbh

Dr. Seuss' political cartoons are my favorite method of pointing that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet (2022)