Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
From some food groups im in on facebook:

falukorvskebab!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Watching a miracle happen in real time

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Uh you know what, I'm actually on a double diet today, no food at all. Thanks though"

What is in this? Is it just a runny baba ganoush?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

teen witch posted:

I’ve had a wide variety of tacos around the world and svennetacos are not good

teen witch posted:

I’ve yet to have good pizza in Sweden that I didn’t make myself, but I can gently caress with pizzasallad - just not with pizza or kebab. It is pretty solid.

Will have you deported for having effed up taste and and enemy to our fine food culture, tyvm.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

PurpleXVI posted:

Also I feel like the crime with the British Mystery Stew is not the stew, it's the loving potatoes. You serve that sort of thing with mashed potatoes unless you're some sort of loving war criminal or terminally awful person. Who the hell just slops a stew on top of normal boiled potatoes????

like everyone does that?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
thats a calskrove. calzone + skrovmål

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
”sausage without the casing” is some perverted abomination. a sausage has a tubular shape! otherwise it is just a meat lump

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

A book with his tasty sandwiches.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

axolotl farmer posted:

I’m willing to die on Sandwich Cake Hill too.

same. it's so good.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
black pudding you eat with lingon jam

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Ebola Dog posted:

It was actually recently discovered where European eels breed, turns out they migrate about 10,000 km to the Sargasso sea.

But yes, don't eat eels!

A Swedish journalist wrote a great book on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85levangeliet

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

teen witch posted:

Too lazy to translate but

Also unrelated but it came up on my phone when I searched for the above

Reminds me of
these

Missing the nacho semla from Mr Cake

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
looks vile

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Americans figuring out microwaves, cute

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was going to agree after getting my hands all messy eating the inside pieces of a square-cut pizza earlier this week, but I'm also a big supporter of Detroit style, so... :shrug:

knife and fork exists!

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Butterfly Valley posted:

a knife and fork which you'd need to eat the loving thing because its not burrito shaped

it is very easy to eat the taco boat wtf. do you roll a burger or a salad into a burrito as well

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Mymla posted:

The big mistake people make 99% of the time with pineapple on pizza (or on anything, really) is using canned pineapple, which can only ever be mid at best.

Fresh pineapple on pizza is unheard of, tbh

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

SlothfulCobra posted:

They've somehow managed to fry it to make it look like real food. This is it in its natural state, the "normal way" it's eaten.

It's dried cod cured in lye and then rehydrated to make it gelatinous. One of those horrifying scandinavian abominations , but this one has wound up being more popular with scandinavian-americans than it is in the motherland.

if its served that gelatinous it was not properly de-lyed and someone hosed up

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

maybealabia posted:

Delicious things don't have to be authentic :colbert:

authenticity in food or cooking is some cringe poo poo to follow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

By popular demand posted:

that's what I figure: Jfish are 95% water: just make an aspic or something ya dingus.

Karl pilkington voice: Just be water. whats the point being 95% water, be useful