Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Sorry but what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

OwlFancier posted:

They look almost like slices of black pudding. Same "unknowable horror sliced from a dense tube of larger horror" vibe.

My first feeling was that they were slices of some super-greasy deep-sea fish or other creature, they've got that weird fish-oil sheen to them.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Once you're mixing potatoes, creme fraiche and something oniony(chives, actual onions, etc.) then you practically have to go out of your way to screw up the results.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Any of you goons that wouldn't at least try it, if you don't like dill pickles, then fine.

All pickles are war crimes against innocent vegetables.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'm not even a big fan of eggs and I absolutely would. This looks delicious.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

MrYenko posted:

One loving pickle? What is this horseshit?

I agree, the right number is 0.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

my buddy just sent me a pic from italy:

prolly super good but doesn't look good to me lol.

Where's the loving tomato. Pizza blanca or blanco or whatever they call it is certainly some dire trash, in my experience.

The "cheese" looks like someone accidentally dropped some sour cream on the pizza, and the "ham" looks like they just took some thin-sliced lunchmeats and tossed them on there.

What the gently caress?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

NorgLyle posted:

Tasting History is one of my absolute favorite channels and that recipe actually looked pretty good when it was finished (and used properly as an addition to a bechamel). I love the history parts of the video more than the cooking; Max is a decent cook but not exceptional and does burn or otherwise screw up things from time to time.

The whole Titanic series he did a little bit ago was great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmHZbTpoDY

The only proper thing to do to a bechamel sauce is to throw it out of the window, possibly at someone you really hate.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/alangdon17/status/1551252071185276928?t=OCgpvYIghufOa41jnmZbAw&s=19

I don't know where else to post this, but as it's terrible and food-related, this seemed like the right thread.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

God, this one looks really good. I always want to taste brightly coloured rocks, in my mind I can already imagine their tastes and textures. This one is sort of a... pistacchio-y marzipan, all crumbly when you bite into it, yet also faintly moist.

Also I feel like the crime with the British Mystery Stew is not the stew, it's the loving potatoes. You serve that sort of thing with mashed potatoes unless you're some sort of loving war criminal or terminally awful person. Who the hell just slops a stew on top of normal boiled potatoes????

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

VictualSquid posted:

It does not look like that is true these days. Nobody is planting high-acid rapeseed, so all rapeseed oil is canola oil. Even the wikipedia article for rapeseed oil just pretends that there is rapeseed oil in other countries, while those languages' wikipedia don't even have articles for it.

...I mean, we do definitely have rapeseed oil in Denmark? I feel like corn and grapeseed are more common these days, but rapeseed is absolutely in use.

https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapsolie

But for some reason from the .en article, yeah, none of the other language versions are displayed, which is weird as gently caress.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Blood sausage is one those things I sometimes get a craving for a little bit of, but which I couldn't possibly eat a lot of.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

What IS that blob? It looks like some sort of undercooked megabun.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/garflyf/status/1562216020609101824

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1566626023495663616

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

teen witch posted:

This IG account is a gem

https://twitter.com/presentcorrect/status/1573625390064697344

More of them. I like BREAD.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I've been told, though I'm not sure how true it is, that one reason that every MRE didn't end up as EFFICIENT DEHYDRATED BARS was that soldiers apparently had a habit of just eating them without rehydrating them first, which, uh, I'm not sure what that does to a digestive system.

Feels kind of tempting, though.

I want to experience the PEA BAR.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Maigius posted:

Not bad per se, but a bit silly.

If it's a hot mustard, that's an appropriate amount of mustard.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCOzQ2N_jbc

I don't know what the source for this is, but what the gently caress is it? Why is someone doing this to a steak? Why is there so much butter? Why is there so much SALT?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

have a sip

That looks like a beet puree with marshmallows in it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Pickled beets are actually great on the right kind of burger, I wouldn't want them on a normal beef burger, but if it's the sort where they just mash a couple slices of pork roast in between the buns, then the pickled beets go pretty well with the experience.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Kenning posted:

I agree with this, with one exception: immersion blenders make it much easier to make pommes aligot.

I tried making these before but I just couldn't ever get it to taste proper. The cheese fucks it up no matter what I tried.

This kinda masher has always treated me properly, though, and it's easy to clean off afterwards, too.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I've never tried sour cream, but I find butter and a dash of milk is a good basic choice. The milk helps it not to be too dry, though you gotta be careful with the exact amount.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'd be hesitant to say that minor food poisoning isn't that bad, and also the risk of contaminated meat heavily depends on the type of meat. As an example, trichinosis is incredibly rare, and generally comes from bears today rather than pork. Rates of trichinosis in the United States have decreased from about 400 cases per year in the 1940s to 20 or fewer per year in the 2000s.

I feel like anyone who says things like "food poisoning (of any degree) isn't that bad" has never experienced actual food poisoning and assume it's just like having a bit of diarrhea.

Lemme tell you, if you have actual food poisoning, you are in no loving doubt about it. I still have quite clear memories of getting food poisoning from an unknown source once as a kid and spending almost an entire week in one of two states, either curled up on a heated bathroom floor, in misery and shivering, or wrapped up like a burrito in as many blankets as possible, in misery and shivering, while at the same time my digestive system was not dissimilar from a tube of toothpaste cut open at both ends and then stomped on.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Wrong thread, I would eat ALL of these and they look loving great.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

...isn't that logo the GDR banner?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I know we're supposed to laugh at Jorp, but that "meat" looks loving disgusting.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

people pay bank for that weird meat.

It's hardly even meat, it's a block of lard with some meat shrapnel in it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

teen witch posted:

Too lazy to translate but

Vertical axis:

Content purist, "only traditional Semle ingredients may be used"
Content neutral, "other typical baking ingredients can be used"
Content rebel, "any ingredients are permitted"

Horizontal axis:

Shape purist, "Semle must consist of two pieces of bread with filling between"
Shape neutral, "Semle must consist of some form of bread and filling"
Shape rebel, "Semle can have any shape"

Upper left:

Hard Traditionalism

Lower right:

Radical Semle Anarchy

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

just looking at these things triggers an atavistic aversion in me. i've never eaten one but i'd do it if i had the opportunity.

Man I would need to be insanely desperate before I'd even vaguely consider one of these things as food.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Woodruff looks like... a flower whose flavour is popular in Germany?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Mindless posted:

I had to check...

Nope, not in here. Yet

I know it's probably going to be incredibly milquetoast but I'm genuinely curious what official Skooma is considering that in-setting it's not dissimilar to heroin.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Dixville posted:

This reminds me of when I was a kid and found a dead turtle that got trapped in a kiddie pool and when we lifted the lid all the maggots came out

oh god that is the worst thing anyone has ever posted in this thread.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

What the hell is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/mmangoobeef/status/1642777035503464448

Share and enjoy.