Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

aw yeah, i love troll food :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i'm glad they have the yolks exposed so they can suck up all that cold shrimp juice

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

charred siu bao

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

imagine giving this one continuous lick all up the diameter, what a journey of textures

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

the majesty of the internet means that everyone on earth can experience the POV of being forced to eat maggots from a sheep's burst stomach

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ror posted:

what are these jiggly brussels sprouts alien isopods?

please don't tell me i'm experiencing small pastry blindness

comrade, giant isopods were my first impression as well, because i also thought the first dish of boiling fleshy things were deep-sea thermophile tube worms. i figured it was like a Mariana trench sourced seafood course, at one of those pop-up restaurants they probably have on the Plane of Suffering

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

you have a nice piece of green algae yum

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, good to know. With those kind of folks, I always wonder if they opened up the wrong ration pack if I haven't seen em in a while.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

For reasons I've never been able to explain, something about flan has always triggered an immediate gag reflex for me and I have no idea why. No problem with puddings or custard pies or anything, its weird.

for me, it was that when i was a kid the first time i ever had flan was also about the same time as i came down with a ridiculously high fever from influenza, so the holistic sensory experience that is flan got rolled around in my delirious noggin for hours and hours and just gave me terrible flan PTSD for decades

plus i threw up a lot and there were flan elements involved in that

fake edit: clockwork flan

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

violated frankfurters smothered in the looming shadow of their own guilt

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

holy poo poo that is such a big oven, everyone at that party could just cram in there and roll around on that scraped-knee looking pizza thing and there'd still be plenty of room

what do you even bake in an oven you could park a volkswagen in

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

quote:

I watch the light change from inside this TGI Friday's.
there used to be a chain of buffet restaurants in canada called Bonanza! that advertised endless breaded shrimp, they'd just come around to your table and scoop out as many of the little crunchy guys as you asked for, and as a kid i learned lot about the lies our brain tells us and the emptiness of desire over that two year period of endless shrimp

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Basically the same, when you get right down to it.

how much sage did the recipe call for

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Rectal feeding?

like she's summoning the demon who pumps hot frothy cow's blood all up ya butt

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Kyte posted:

I just remembered there's a sushi place that offers stuff with a "blue cheese sauce".

It really didn't need to be this literal.

lifehack: out of mayonnaise? try toothpaste!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

put one on every toe by jamming them thru the pimento void and then tell your partner you're in the mood for some rousing shrekplay tonight

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

this is how cinnamon buns are made when you're too cheap for raisins

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

my grandma put raisins in the cinnamon buns she made but her cinnamon buns also kind of sucked poo poo

the reason i think i personally hate raisins is because when i was a dumb little kid i picked up a live fly and put it in my mouth because i thought it was a raisin but it wasn't

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

does "lovechild" mean something different in australia :huh:

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

maybealabia posted:

Good Lord it took way too much mental calibration to see that as anything other than a bathtub

i was nodding along approvingly because bathtub gumbo sounds fine but then suddenly "gently caress me that's an enormous kidney bean"

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lots of people have said Hooters food is good and also in the undercover boss episode the owner tore into and fired a creepy manager. Maybe I misjudged the noble Hooters

a friend insisted we go to a hooters when i was younger and it was a really uncomfortable dining experience, it was like a heteronormative obstacle course with some okay onion rings

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

I still don't understand why people simulate meat at all.

it's for when a family or w/e decides to have a communal meal based around some kind of meat, so whoever's cooking can buy something pre-made at the store that looks sort-of like the real food they'll be cooking later, and maybe it will placate the whiny little gaywad loser who thinks she's too good to eat normal food

edit: i mean that's one possibility

Gravid Topiary has a new favorite as of 10:55 on Oct 18, 2023

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Jellyfish is great but it really is more of a texture thing, all the flavour comes from the sauce. Usually it's covered in chilies, soy sauce and sesame oil here. Good stuff.

the one time i had jellyfish yeah the sauce was good but the texture was like soft chicken gristle, i couldn't handle it

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

alucinor posted:

A restaurant in my husband's childhood hometown burned down. I regret missing an opportunity to sample their gradient of gravy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJCCaK_Gif0

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

oh yeah did anybody post this hosed up loaf from reddit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i'd ett all those metts