Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Oh god velveeta fudge

I've heard that it tastes and feels fine, but if you make it or tell anyone what it is you're painfully aware of its dark secret (velveeta).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Cooked rice is very close in appearance to day-old maggots, which is thankfully not a fact I discovered while eating, and that sheep gut, while probably tasty, really emphasized that with the shot of it being cut open.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

If you aren't using the entire carcass of the bird, why bother buying a turkey? A smaller whole bird is a better comparison point, since that can be used for similar things after the easy meat has been eaten and still feeds people for longer than a rasher of bacon.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Valko posted:

feetloaf.

Here's a fancy german(?) version which uses a stack of babybel cheese as the tibia. Watch to the end to see what happens when he pulls it apart.

https://www.chefclub.tv/en-us/recipes/original/50f1d031-e62f-4092-b50b-dd7ac09f0c2c/foot-loaf-foot-loaf-smells-like-feet/

Chef Club is French food crimes clickbait, Scrumdiddlyuptious is the German food crimes clickbait.

I hate that a portion of my brain holds this information instead of more important things.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

Some scientists have also declared at various points that an octopus's appendages aren't tentacles and that Earth's moon isn't a moon.

Trying to nail down exact definitions out of something as inexact as language is hard, but also putting out something ridiculous and randomly contrary to popular knowledge is a great way of getting attention.

Wait wait, when did Luna get reclassified and what to, I am suddenly deeply invested in the words I need to know to find the petty astronomy slapfights that this surely must have sparked

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Mymla posted:

Do you also get the maple syrup out when you have a piece of sponge cake?

I haven't but that you mention it, i absolutely would if it didn't have frosting or similar and the maple syrup was real

Sometimes sugar just tastes good

(Also I don't know where you all are from that people eat pancakes every day but even instant pancakes are way too time-consuming to make on a daily basis for most people and savory breakfast options are iirc more popular at fast food places. You are treating a sometimes food as a staple.)

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

I don't think Steve's ever taken the meth he finds (at least not on-camera). He does enjoy him some ancient cigarettes, though.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

My problem with raisins is that they just have a terrible texture and everything that traditionally has them is better without them, though the fact that they so easily camouflage as chocolate chips in cookies didn't help as a child.

I am also a general dried fruit hater, however.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

The lava balls look like a thin layer of black dough over a red dough, so they probably taste FineTM unless the recipe is really hosed.

You're probably going to poo poo neon if you eat them, though.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Also, half the appeal of getting a bagel over other bread is the dense, chewy internal texture. Seems weird to remove it, especially for cream cheese since I have seen unscooped bagels with like an inch of cream cheese between the halves so it's not exactly necessary.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Because if you chomp into a giant spoon of cinnamon it will have some heat to it, similar to ginger though not as intense.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

The only unusual thing about the hot oil on broccoli thing is mostly that it's being stood up like a tree, which is pretty low on the tier of "flashy restaurant gimmicks" even if I think it's stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

I mean, adding carbon dioxide to water does acidify it. This is known and acidic foods on the regular without a rinse after is not a habit that's great for teeth. I don't know how much that would transfer to the rest of the skeleton, but it does hold true for teeth since they're constantly in the line of fire.