Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They look almost like slices of black pudding. Same "unknowable horror sliced from a dense tube of larger horror" vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It could be those very cheap hamburgers that turn into weird polypous landscapes of unidentifiable congealed fluids when cooked.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

(b)ananas on pizza: haram

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Finally, the far end of the mushy peas/pease pudding spectrum.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Bullion cube

Bit overpriced and not very flavoursome.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

pickled eggs is vegetables

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Black pud is nice, especailly stornoway black pud, got them nice shredded pork bits in, delish.

Also apparently a potential abortifacient because it has pennyroyal in it??

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Jul 10, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pealed.

As in, you shake them side to side and the hot dog slaps against the side of the cucumber like a bell clapper.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This feels like someone trying to invent the scotch egg from scratch.

Hmmm, sausage, but sausage with... something around it, crunchy, deep fried, deep fried containing sausage, could we put something else inside too? The sausage must go inside.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

drat now I want maccers hamburger.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hallo spacedog posted:

TIL cream of celery soup exists

It is a remarkable achievement of our species that we have invented a way to turn celery into a suspension, given that nothing else seems to affect the loving stuff.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sweaty ham

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Last time I came that colour I had to go to the hospital.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

why do you think it’s hiding?

the brotherhood of steel live in it and they are hoarding all the ranch

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm getting hungry from some garlic butter noodles though, dayum that poo poo goes hard sometimes.

One of my favourite easy foods is just chicken fried up crispy with a load of garlic and butter then put on pasta. Could eat that all day every day honestly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought they just gave you a little paper cup of sauce now? Does he bring his own ketchup bottle? Or... does he eat at the ketchup dispenser??

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BigHead posted:

Oh my God your rap sheet combined with this post lmao. Individually ketchupped toes.

Glad to see that one still paying dividends :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

do not gently caress the mayo bucket that's how you get the belgian disease.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

why is there a prawn on a pint and why is it claiming to be tea?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pookah posted:

What the gently caress???

Béchamel is fine, it's an extremely solid, flexible base for many many really excellent sauces.
Who the hell declares against fecking béchamel?

my primary exposure to bechamel is in the parmo, within which it is a horrifying sloppy morass of dissolved breadcrumbs and grease interfacing with the pork and the cheese.

absolute boke, horrific

more broadly i just do not at all see the need for Worse Mayonnaise in cuisine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

the problem there isn’t the bechamel per se

yeah but I've never thought "oo yeah really need some of that warm bread pulp on my food yeah love me some of that, would really make this thing I'm eating just that bit better if I put some unsalted spunk on my food"

Like I don't even like mayonnaise why would I want bechamel sauce?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hollandaise isn't great but at least it has lemon in it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tendales posted:

Now I have to know what you think bechamel is. Breadcrumbs? Mayonnaise??????

flour, butter, milk, aka "I stopped cooking two steps in and now you have to eat it"

Unsweetend cake batter for dinner mmmmm

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

all cum sauces are bad in their own way but some of them are like, bad for your health, bad for your self respect, bechamel and mayonnaise are just bad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

i think i will instead declare vendetta on the french, and all purveyors of the filthy gaulish lie that warm flour goo is in any way "a sauce"

it is my god given right as an american, it is in the constituttion and the magna carte

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Jul 18, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Both largely flavourless white goop sauces, yes. I am aware that they are created by different methods and contain different things, but both go on the "bad white poo poo nobody needs" pile.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

a sexual elk posted:

I will fight you

It is nice on eggs royale, but only in small amounts and also I will happily eat that without the hollandaise at all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

....this is by far the dumbest take I have seen today, and I spent a fair bit on twitter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah never eaten either of them so they are also wholly unacceptable based on entirely no experience whatsoever.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zil posted:

Aren't you British?

I can be american for spite purposes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would say that buying the mystery goop off tik tock so you can eat it is madness but fanta have been putting out mystery drinks in radioactive colours where they don't tell you what it tastes like for a couple of years now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not all crimes are federal crimes in the US, ergo not all earth crimes are space crimes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For Da rear end.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Big food lozenge vibes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sure you can just mix cinnamon powder into sanding paste and eat it if you like it that much.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's a dry loving steak god drat. How do people gently caress it up? It's very easy too cook, make pan hot, put steak in until brown on the outside and whatever colour you like on the inside, take off, eat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My mother when she does barbeque insists on buying giant inch thick steaks to put on it, and somehow always manages to cook them until they're dry and brown all the way through.

Criminal honestly, give me a steak half the size and a loving frying pan. And some vegetables to brown off in the leftover steak juice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm trying to imagine what the gently caress kind of dough you would get using icing sugar instead of flour.

Like it would have to be some sort of soggy paste surely?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

chicken jake paul got cancelled and made into parmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I actually found that I can just about stomach a parmo as long as it's cold. Cannot deal with it hot, though, might as well just put your head under a raclette machine and pour a bag of breadcrumbs into your gob at the same time.