Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This has to be a lie, I have lived in Ohio for 10 years and have never seen this. Of course I have also not seen Altoona style pizza, and maybe they're really weird in the eastern reaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AngryRobotsInc posted:

....why....why is there a sexy pig on that jar?

I buy their pickled sausages, because I'm an animal, and I have pondered the same thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I want one right now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm about to eat a Totino's party burrito

Hell yeah!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm gonna invent time travel solely so I can skateboard in to that feast and hand-deliver everyone piping hot pepperoni & mushroom future pizzas

Dude, that's not futuristic enough, Hawaiian pizzas with jalapenos. Blow their tiny medieval minds.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Televisio Frankus posted:

Can't wait to see Ultraman fight this.

Dall-E knows who Ultraman is, but can't seem to make him fight that thing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

:supaburn: XXXXX-TRA MILD :2bong:

WHat's funny to me is that during my most recent trip to visit my parents, I find out that they don't just buy a box of taco shells, they buy the kind that comes with a seasoning and a sauce packet, then throw out the packets :psyduck:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I liked the Starlight Coke but I only ever buy soda in those little 8oz cans

:same:

I wish there were more flavors of things in those 8oz cans. It's still a big :lol: that one of those 8oz cans is 49% of my daily sugar intake according to the label

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zero_Grade posted:

A different spin on pink sauce:

Still pretty dismal.

Pepto Dismol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Oh goddamnit! :negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr.Radar posted:

https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1559618664382562305

To steal a quote from the Discord I got this from, "im not sure i would identify any part of this meal as mexican"

Definitely not mexican, but I would eat the whole thing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tiggum posted:

Americans looking at a rissole: This is a sausage.
Americans looking at a hamburger: This is a sandwich.

A nation of lunatics.

What is this:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

By popular demand posted:

Oh poo poo, memories of swap.mpg are bubbling up.:barf:

SWAP.avi

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I would eat that pizza

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Probably

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

Doritos are the worst chip and every variety pack is full of them :rant:

Cool Ranch Doritios are the worst chip in variety packs, there is a difference

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

yes I would like to try the voodoo heat but I've never seen em in the wild. I just noticed they had potato string versions of voodoo and heat, but they might be discontinued.

evil eye is nice, I have it occasionally, it's more like spicy ketchup. voodoo is like salt and vinegar with a little bbq hit...so dank.

sorry about my serious zapps opinions.

Your Zapp's opinions are good opinions TBH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
True story: I once got scolded by an ex girlfriend because I bought a bag of Lightly Salted Lay's Potato Chips.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pookah posted:

You haven't really lived until you have eaten a Russian crab pringle from a 1 euro store.

You don't catch crabs with a fish hook :confused:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CannonFodder posted:

I had Tapatio flavored Doritos once and I will forever chase that dragon.

Thats the Sabritas logo in the upper left corner, it's the Mexican form of Lay's

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You can't fool me, these are AI generated

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boar guy posted:

that's far from the worst thing that's ever been in that coffee pot

I don't think cum is worse than that chicken

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i always went as far as possible on my per diem back in the days i worked for a company that actually encouraged employees to travel

and i doubled down on that after going out to dinner with the sales team once (i was visiting the corporate office of my company) and they expensed $1100 on a meal with just a handful of internal employees. they informed me this was in no way unique to our company. like wtf i have to argue for a month to purchase a crucial software for our company that costs $1100

When I used to do travel for work, the only thing I didn't expense was my liquor, because I didn't really want my employer to know how much of a lush I was.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hirayuki posted:

I can't wait to hit up massive domestic and international food emporium Jungle Jim's tomorrow (for the first time in five years!) and look for some of the more interesting foods mentioned in this thread. Not to mention favorite borderline AFP like goetta. :yum:

You don't have to hit the Jungle for goetta, they sell that poo poo at Kroger.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
People in Cincinnati also go apeshit for Grippo's Barbeque chips, and I've never been impressed by them TBH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AARD VARKMAN posted:

that bread looks exactly like the frozen food brand Michelina's long-gone take on the hot pocket genre. They had a chicken caesar one and it was the greatest frozen food of all time.

Gone, lost to time, without even a photo on the internet to prove they existed. :rip:

I ran "Michelina's chicken Caesar hot pocket" through Sable Diffusion and got this:

I would eat all of these

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hallo spacedog posted:

He does not have the happiest look on his face at the end there

I saw some video years ago where someone made one of those, and it sucked. Basically it's one of those things where it just looks cool that it's watermelon that looks like ham

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rydiafan posted:

Every variety candy with green apple as a flavor would be better if it was replaced with lime.

:hai:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Manager Hoyden posted:

It was weird how there was a unified industry switch from lime to apple as the standard green flavor like twenty or so years ago

I bet whatever forty-letter chemical makes the apple flavor got real cheap around that time

I think lime was in general considered to be the worst of the flavors back then. Green Apple was skyrocketing in popularity so it seems like it was probably a no-brainer replacement for cheap candy producers.

Yes, I am that weirdo who likes lemon candy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

But have you tried Chef Boyardee, the canned pasta shapes for discerning adult tastes? :chord:

(I tried them a while back out of nostalgic curiosity, and they're both terrible of course. Spaghetti-O's are just mushy pasta in tomato corn syrup, Chef Boyardee at least attempts to have some seasoning in its sauce but it's right there in the same ballpark)

I kinda like them sometimes for Breakfast. I just turn on a movie and go to town on some Spaghetti-o's or Boyardee Ravioli, because I'm an animal

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

empty sea posted:

I can eat about 3 candy corns a year before it becomes Too Much. Those three are actually pretty good. But anything more is awful, awful.

I do like the candy apple flavored ones, and I spotted some blackberry flavor ones a week or so ago.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I love circus peanuts. I will not hide this shame

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The standard bananas we currently get are Cavendish bananas, Circus Peanuts, and most other banana flavored things, are based on the extinct Gros Michel cultivar

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

First of May posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty tempted.

I know they have other cultivars at Jungle Jim's, I should go see exactly what kinds they have next time I'm there

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Probably no worse than dinosaur or race car nuggets TBH.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RandolphCarter posted:

Will some biscuits I hosed up do?

I used some bacon drippings instead of lard, but oops the drippings had gone rancid

It looks good IMHO

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's cum isn't it?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
you can get Coca-Cola tic-tacs in a fridge shaped container in the winter

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pookah posted:

Some long-deceased relative of my father's took to her bed in late middle-age and basically stayed there for the rest of her life.
Nothing diagnosed, but she was very fond of tonic wine, but purely for medicinal reasons.
The rule is: It's medicine if you drink it from a soup spoon, it's booze if you drink it from a glass!

Holy poo poo, you can still get it https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255247732

I guess I'll have to star drinking tequila with a soup spoon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The secret ingredient to Skyline Chili is cocoa powder.

You want to make it from scratch, buying it from actual Skyline, is nowhere near as good