Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Scarodactyl posted:

I'm sorry I'm never using this emote again

Shine on you crazy Gummo character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nah, you really gotta eat it before it cools off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEAHLFvD3v4

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

bacon is p epic

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lmao

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fun fact: you can still obtain cocaine to this day.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

uPen posted:

Engagement.

aaww congratulations!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

it looks like it's on a bed of tuna fish or something.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a bunch of goons in their 40s show up to her dorm room with a set of knife stones and a printer.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Charles Leclerc posted:

I know this is a low effort attempt at humour, but I bought my mother a set of proper kitchen knives on a whim because it made my teeth itch watching her hack away at onions with a dull steak knife.

I started taking it seriously when I almost chopped a finger entirely off because of a dull knife slipping.

By popular demand posted:

Hopefully you're okay with sharpening them for her for life.

In this case I'd just get them one of those $150 machines. "Just drag it through each section ten times a side, mom." It'll wear out the knives faster than simply getting a good edge and re-honing before each use but she's not using top poo poo knives either so who cares plus you ain't gotta do poo poo, man.

Dang It Bhabhi! has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Aug 5, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bro I live in full-body chainmail 24/7. It's a lifestyle.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shooting Blanks posted:

A group of friends and I go to a beach house a few times a year that has a relatively well equipped kitchen except for a chef's knife. Somehow, the person who owns the beach house (family member of a friend) found a serrated chef's knife. I generally take responsibility for making one meal for the group each time we go - and I bring my own knife now.

:stonk:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ror posted:

Cutco's one of those old-school rip-off companies that's mostly just way overpriced but not actually a shoddy product. They can definitely be sharpened and maintained for years.

A serrated chef's knife is a weird knife for most purposes, but I assumed you meant those micro-serrated ones meant to replace a regular knife rather than a bigger bread knife style serration. That's what the one you linked looks like. Those new micro-serrated blades really piss me off, probably because that what my parents have for their whole knife set and they're always saying how great and 'sharp' they are and I'm always just looking for a razor sharp straight blade in their kitchen. Like, they're emphatically fine for basic prep most home cooks will do, especially if you don't want to think about maintenance at all and want something that will cut for years. But it's impossible to make any sort of clean slice with them, they always require some sawing and pressure and they do a lot of unnecessary mangling.

Sounds a bit poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This is beautiful.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Growing up my parents kept bread in the refrigerator. They are loving weirdos.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A Perfect Twist posted:

If you lived in a humid climate then it keeps the bread from going moldy too quick.

If you didn't live in a humid climate, it still keeps the bread from going moldy.

Southern California so like 0% humidity all the time. This was bread that was chock-full of shelf stabilizers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

zedprime posted:

Putting bread in the fridge instantly turns it stale which is a small price to pay when the air is made of water and you have a toaster.

This guy fuckin gets it.