Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It's not hard to take a bottle of Pappy and put it next to the tumbler of Dr. Pepper on the rocks that you just poured, for the vine, so to speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'd order samosa poutine right this second if I could

it's not so far off of samosa chaat, which is S tier street food.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My only association with Bosco sticks is high school lunch.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Hirayuki posted:

I've always been interested in Baja Blast, but I stay away from sugared drinks. I was pleased to hear they were coming out with a zero-sugar bottled version to go with all the other varieties they're releasing this summer. Now to actually find the thing.

I did try :black101: LIQUID DEATH in SEVERED LIME :black101:; it was all right.

They have the zero sugar Baja Blast at most Taco Bells as well.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My guess is some sort of "dessert pizza" because it looks like it's in a box designed for a slice. But honestly, Nutella crepe with fruit (they look more like cherries to me) is probably right.

Looks like it's probably pretty good but got hosed up in transit or while eating.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

That's... a tree, right?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

OwlFancier posted:

I thought they just gave you a little paper cup of sauce now? Does he bring his own ketchup bottle? Or... does he eat at the ketchup dispenser??

Packets, op.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm sorry little guy

I'm sorry I straight up roasted your ding dong

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

the sport pepper malort is ok but basically just tastes like sport pepper brine

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't try and tell me you've never had a craving for quality fish that's been boiled to gently caress, shaped into small shoes and filled with some kind of creamed aquatic green

I think the only thing it's been shaped by is whoever cut the fish into steaks, especially since the skin appears to be intact around the whole piece

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

axolotl farmer posted:

Photo is awful, but cold salmon with some variation of sauce verte is perfectly cromulent way to serve it.

Fully 30% of awful poo poo in this thread is bad photos and/or bad plating. A lot of the time it's just fine actually, we just created a nightmare scenario where everyone is a photographer but no one's ever learned how to take a picture. Or it's an old photo in a 50 year old magazine where the colors are faded and yeah it looks like poo poo like that.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

CzarChasm posted:

In short, they would overcook. If you were going to do this correctly you would start with the (much smaller) sausage patty, then the bacon and finally finish with the egg.

But if you start with a smaller sausage patty, how do you get that beautiful rare ground meat interior that was handled with your bare hands that you didn't wash on camera at least

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

LifeSunDeath posted:

red velvet funnel cake:

I'm not really a sweets person but absolutely would

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

What makes a Yorkshire pudding a pudding then?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I went down the pudding hole

lol

Also, thanks!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Isn't string cheese just low moisture mozzarella in a stick?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tiggum posted:

Doritos are the best chip. They have the perfect texture, and the plain salted ones are saltier than any other brand of corn chip.

how the hell are there plain doritos, and why would you buy them

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Iron Crowned posted:

Thats the Sabritas logo in the upper left corner, it's the Mexican form of Lay's

My local liquor store/sandwich shop sells these now which are Sabritas branded and they kick rear end

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

every time a British person insults American food I think of smack barm pey wet

this scouser's a real wiganer now

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Iron Crowned posted:

When I used to do travel for work, the only thing I didn't expense was my liquor, because I didn't really want my employer to know how much of a lush I was.

In the Before Times we would take interview candidates to lunch at a restaurant attached to a downtown Fancy Business hotel. Food is good, lots of options for people with different dietary restrictions, etc.

Under beverages:

Iced Tea: 4
Lemonade: 4
Arnold Palmer: 4
John Daly: 8
(Arnold Palmer with vodka, appears on the receipt as two Arnold Palmers)

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Do have a Soup Shake! NOW!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't know what it is about Ale-8, a lot of my family just goes nuts over it to the point of wearing logo shirts and getting a trunkful when they visit relatives where it's sold. It's just ginger ale, people! :arghfist:

It's different than ginger ale, although that's the closest comparison. It's fruitier.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

this is basically special sauce/burger sauce? sure

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Hygiene posted:

This! Is! Spartan! *kicks dish into trash*

If those are little seared tenderloin medallions or something I could see that being good but they're ground beef aren't they

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

it's definitely a real photo. i follow her on Twitter and she's been posting a bunch of good rear end looking food she's been eating on a trip in vermont

i bet they're good honestly. just can't be too much sugar in the rub/sauce or it'd be too sweet with the corn

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The chili my parents made for most of my life looked kinda like that and was very good. Lots of beans, very thick, and unsweetened chocolate giving it that dark color and some bitterness.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tato Skins were awesome.

Combos don't exist, unless you're at a gas station on a long road trip. A liminal snack.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Apparently you can still get the TGI Friday's version: https://www.amazon.com/TGI-Fridays-Potato-Chips-Cheddar/dp/B07CTZF67N/

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ninurta posted:

I have a $10 off coupon from Walgreen's for getting my Omicron booster. Come hell or high water, I will find some bizarro food for this thread.

(Not a Toxx)

If you look at the fine print you need to have a "My Walgreens" account or whatever bullshit.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

AlbieQuirky posted:

My grandma made coffee gelatin with coffee and plain gelatin. It is my second favorite gelatin dessert after lemon gelatin (not lemon Jell-O, that tastes like battery acid).

See, yeah, that sounds good. I drink coffee black but it seems like this would be better somewhat sweetened.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Scarodactyl posted:

I can't eat marhmallows or normal gelatin :(
I guess I need to see if anyone's out there slinging chicken gelatin or a good vegan alternative or whatever. I gotta try this coffee jello.

i think they're doing pretty exciting things with agar these days. there might be something with chickpea liquid too? but I think vegan gelatin is a less depressing idea than it was a decade ago or so

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I had a crispy deep fried duck egg in a breakfast hash type situation once, and it was very good. I don't love fried eggs usually but the whites were nice and crispy and browned on the edges, and the yolk was nice and runny that made a nice sauce on the potatoes.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Pork rinds are pretty gross to me, but they are very crunchy.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Brawnfire posted:

NO

It's an icing sugar and fondant design

thanks

This is what I would like to believe anyway

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Skyline chili is good if you realize that the idea came from a Macedonian guy and it's supposed to be closer to something like pastitsio than it is to something like chile con carne

If you think it's gonna be "chili" it's gonna be weird. If you think it's gonna be "spiced ground meat and tomato stew over noodles with onions and cheese" it kicks rear end

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It's also funny to me that people will complain about premixed spice blends but not realize that stuff like "chili powder" and "garam masala" are in fact premixed spice blends

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kenning posted:

This isn't true. Chili powder is just dehydrated, ground chili peppers. Some chili powders are a blend of peppers, but you can also find specific chili powders (like ancho or guajillo powders). You can also grind your whole dried chilis fresh. Garam masala just refers to an overall practice of blending a certain mix of spices. It can be distributed as a pre-ground, packaged spice blend, but it's also common to roast and grind the spices fresh as you're making the dish.

McCormick chili powder according to their website:

quote:

You might be surprised to know that chili powder is actually a blend of herbs and spices. Ours begins with whole, ripe chili peppers, toasted and mixed with ingredients including cumin, oregano, garlic and salt.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

OwlFancier posted:

I had thought for some reason that burritos were like, fried afterwards?

Depending on the style they're often thrown on a dry or very lightly oiled flattop for a minute to get a little bit of color, seal the tortilla, and maybe melt the cheese, but it's toasting, not frying.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

A page or so back, but if you need a sauce for your steak that isn't something like mushrooms and herbs in a wine reduction with some butter to bring it together, get a better steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bunnyofdoom posted:

I believe it is the Indiana Pork Tenderloin sandwhich you speak of

Speaking of, I have a freezer full of cheap pork schnitzels that weren't too big, and I might try to make that with a pork base sometime soon.

Iowa, although it does show up occasionally in the rest of the plains Midwest.