Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

WotR has really great voice acting, I hope you'll be able to show off samples of it for certain characters at some point without it being a huge hassle. There's some primo "I could just listen to them read from the dictionary and be entertained" tier voice talent for some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

These are the skill prompts I mentioned in the last update. Athletics is not a tagged skill, and its bonus is running off of Lisbeth's strength bonus. If you don't remember, her "bonus" is -1. So she takes a -1 penalty to every strength check. Because of both her low strength, plus athletics not being tagged, the skill's "bonus" is a -2. Thankfully these maluses aren't cumulative. The strength penalty has already been applied, in fact. On a DC12, we'd need to roll 14 or higher to win. While it's theoretically doable, this is probably not the smart pick.

not having a skill tagged doesn't apply a malus

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Cammy should be given the slumber hex ASAP and that alone makes her pretty useful.

Cammy also starts shrieking combat barks like "your pain...is my PLEASURE" pretty drat quickly.

I still need to romance her for the sole purpose of seeing how deep the crazy train goes.

yeah the way they clearly intended her to go (some weird hybrid dex2dam caster thing) is annoying to build for since it takes a while to get off the ground and isn't that amazing really, so just slapping slumber on her and replacing her as soon as i could was what i did. even then she's not even the best slumberbot, but slumber's so hosed up early that having two of them instagibbing enemies every turn is still godlike for many hours. hoohah.

anyway no matter which way they hid her Insanely Obviously Evil Alignment (there are people out there i've seen unironically complain about spoilers for this somehow, despite her voice actress doing a great job of making everything she says sound either psychotic or barely repressed psychotic), she still can't take alignment locked classes like paladin. which is Fairly Suspicious

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I found it interesting that Kiyomi, while a cleric, has higher Dex than Wis. Is there an optimisation reason for this that I cannot see?

it looks Unoptimal to me and my shadow council of elitist nerds. there's 2 party members that do archery better anyway (because they loving cheat. Lann has 34 PB, [REDACTED] has literally like 70+!!). and also wenduag exists. it's still capable of getting guarded hearth so it's automatically usable, but ehhh (and GH is better with higher wis anyway). odd stat numbers are eh and if it were me i'd swap dex and wis or something. or put anything into constitution lol. but!! i I can't complain too much because a cleric is a fuckin' cleric, this one can get level 9 spells eventually and the cleric the game gives you has absolutely heinous feat choices anyway so even the slightest bit of good decisionmaking can outclass him. good lord his feats are bad.

Pressli's stat allocation is like Legitimately Confusing though, for multiple reasons. i beg of you, please do not spend more PB on intelligence than charisma as a sorcerer. augh! you don't need that much int at all please also dont dumpster your dexterity. initiative is the best stat in the game, AC is good, and being able to hit things with ray spells is what some in the business would call "convenient". only having 10 con feels sad as well, and I think you could dumpster STR even lower? i actually don't know how you have 7 dex when halflings have +2 dex racially, but I don't have the game installed atm to check if it lets you drop stats to 5 pre-racial bonus or not and I don't exactly remember how WotR's point buy works. also the odd stat in charisma still makes me sad.

lisbeth's stats are fine i guess. i still don't like the odd dex and if i had my way there'd be a cha dump for more constitution or dex or something, but i sure as poo poo went for persuasion on my first run too for the exact same reason you did so I am legally not allowed to throw stones. turns out roleplaying IS legal in a roleplaying game. picking deceitful as your level 1 feat does hurt me though, spiritually. zenic seems fiiine (odd stats!!!) for a Me Hit fighter type, though I don't entirely know how she's going to transition to being a gish with those mental stats? But I didn't do lich playthrough myself (so I may be forgetting huge casting stat bonuses or something), I watched a friend do it and holy lord is gish lich extremely, hilariously strong though. lich in general is strong, realy, and has at least one "crash the game with sheer numbers" tier ability in some situations. or did before patches, at least, it may have changed. so things would probably be fine.

anyway enough being an rear end in a top hat about crunch in a game that absolutely does not need to be minmax'd, tell me to stfu if this is annoying. Lann because he's an absolute loving killing machine who's usually a cool guy. lean azata because it slaps hard and gets to do something Extremely Funny way later that makes everything worth it and also my playthrough was already angel and i'm selfish. aaand Kiyomi because she's growing on me the more i think about it. shoot people to death for God.

i'm really surprised by how much wenduag voting there is! are folks goign for her b/c they've already done lann in their own playthroughs or does she just seem cooler?

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

I’ve heard “Thanks, Lann! No problem, Lann!” enough to want to throw that man out the window. :colbert:

okay yeah that's fair

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

The first act is really tough on arcane casters as most of the demons have innate magic resistance.

Simply Cast Grease. And Glitterdust. And maybe a web occasionally, but mostly those two. Or snowball if you feel like it. the world is your oyster.

anyway, multiclassing!! i usually sideeye it because the reddit/neoseeker builds spend like 90% of the game doing weird poo poo that slows your power growth in order to be somewhat stronger in the turbo late game, where you'd already be OP anyway so what's the point. getting Just Another Attack (even if it's a bad one) is nice and the wolf will probably be funny (my seelah just rode her horse to make up for being slow as poo poo herself, which was nice but not particularly Funny). Mark of Justice is hilarious, though, and delaying it (and paladin's already slow spellcasting progression, and slowing BAB growth) is sad. but it's a lot better than the horrible things i've seen people do to full casters. some of the martials you may as well just multiclass eventually/immediately so whateva. at least it's not a loving archaelogist bard scaled fist paladin vivisectionist paladin dragon disciple dazzling display bot abomination.

throwing ax wenduag will be kinda interesting to see. there were some pushed as gently caress throwing axess that i found and promptly sold because no one in my party was going to do the ten million feats of investment to make them bullshit

and most importantly above all: the name Horgus Gwerm and the dialog option "[Evil] Prepare to die, Horgus Gwerm!" immediately burrowed themselves into my and my friends' minds and will never ever leave. it's a psychic attack of a name.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

yeah, i like owlcat's games but their alignment decisions leave a lot to be desired sometimes. The WotR lawful choices are honestly not even LN a lot of the time, they're Lawful Psychotic Monster for some fuckin' reason. losing the specific alignment choices really was sad as well. making it so alignment didn't lock you out of things like not genociding things lmao was a step forward but then they stepped right back.

but the "I'm murdering you now, die!" evil options in WotR are pretty funny so I guess it's impossible to say if it's bad or not

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Galick posted:

I will respectfully call absolute bullshit on that. Casters in this game are top tier (and in general in Pathfinder) and most of my fights were won on the backs of my many casters dumping huge amounts of debuffs and CC. Sure, they have to roll to get past spell resistance, but there's many many features that make that trivial later.

yeah no fuckin' way, casters are still godlike because casting Win The Fight wins the fight, and there's many versions of Win The Fight out there. plus you can buff other dudes just fine and still have plenty of Win The Fights. and some of those Win The Fights don't check SR at all, and yeah every caster will take things that make their SR checking Win The Fights almost always beat SR. grease is level 1, after all.

martials are still useful to have of course! i wouldn't wanna play an all caster party, personally. the "but they can swing their sword all day!!!!" non-argument from actual tabletop pathfinder does actually hold merit in a single player CRPG where you're playing every character and have roughly five million percent more fights per rest than in tabletop, and the limitations of the medium mean they can always contribute rather than have caster enemies simply fly out of their range and nullify their existence in the midgame and having friendly casters use utility spells to negate their skills. plus someone has to actually put the sword in all the nerds that you've greased/slept/webbed/shoved into a pit/feared/bimbofied/etc and some things really do just need to be smacked down with number sticks.

and really with all the mythic nonsense going on, eventually a mythic vital strike bloodrager is indistinguishable from a dc 99 finger of death that only works in melee range and doesn't care about death immunity.

wiegieman posted:

It's basically wherever you want, but there's time pressure and Abyssal corruption to limit that in Wrath.
tbh time pressure barely exists, my first run i had to mash rest for 8 months at the end while waiting for [REDACTED] to roll around. abyssal corruption absolutely does suuuuuck and if it ever reaches the first tier you will want to die, but i think most of the time you're pretty free to gently caress off somewhere safe and let it drain. but boy if you get stuck at a time where you cant, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

SoundwaveAU posted:

He leaves, but not for ages. I think he's probably the most well-written companion and I think it's a shame you won't show him off a bit.

when i saw his portrait/race/class/faction before the game was out i was so certain that I would hate him and never use him. owlcat really did the impossible by making him cool as hell. really most of the companions are at least good and i really love a good handful of them. except loving greybor. blargh! plus your final quest sucked before they patched it!