Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'll refrain from voting because I honestly don't have a preference here as far the LP goes. But I'll just chime in that I was pretty disappointed with Wenduag, because she's voiced by Amelia Tyler whose other voice work I really like a lot, but then she does this odd affectation in this role and the character is pretty unlikable, too. I'll still be picking her instead of Lann the next time I play this, though, just to change things up.

I almost picked Aeon in my first game because the theme music is absolutely gorgeous, but then I saw that the Azata gets a pet dragon. Also my character was a Chaotic Good Warpriest of Cayden Cailean (god of freedom, adventure and alcohol), so, yeah. Zero regrets, had an absolute blast.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Alignment != Personality

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

NullBlack posted:

true, but "She is a hardline stickler for rules, and believes in the triumph of law above all else." She's still a stick-in-the-mud.

Oh yeah sorry, I was referring to Lann being a Lawful Neutral funny snarky dude, I just didn't notice there was another page. :dumb:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Huh, I somehow managed to miss out on Radiance completely in my game, despite usually being very anal about exploring every location thoroughly.

Also, jesus christ Camellia is such a giant rear end in a top hat.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

Also, the bow is worse than you're selling it, sadly. A Reflex DC of 13 is really awful even for this early in the game. It means that even if you roll the 5% crit many enemies will have a 50/50 shot or better of passing the save and ignoring the ability outright.

This was my main gripe with the itemisation in the game overall. I felt like there were entirely too many items with nothing special about them except for some effect with an utterly rubbish save DC.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Ember is quite easily my favourite character in this game, and pretty high up on my list of favourite CRPG party members overall. "Inspiring" is a pretty good descriptor. "Refreshing" is another one that I've been using.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I remember finding Kreia kinda tedious, but granted it's been many many years since I played KotOR 2 so maybe I'd think differently now. IDK.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

JustJeff88 posted:

Everyone is so unlikeable.

Some of them are unlikeable in entertaining ways, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SettingSun posted:

Mass fearing is all fun and games until you start to spend the majority of your time chasing down the fleeing enemies. I think that's why they eventually added an option to turn off the aforementioned companion's fear aura.

That's cool to know. I absolutely loved just about everything about the Azata path, but that fear aura was getting pretty obnoxious to deal with, even if said companion itself was fantastic.

As for the Aeon, that "Cosmic Balance" track is possibly my single favourite piece of music in the game. Combined with that event being so evocatively written, I drat near picked that path. But it would have made absolutely zero sense for my character in a ~*Roleplaying*~ sense, so I ended up going Azata.