Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's... quite an undertaking. I beat this without modding and while it's mostly been fun, it's a really rough experience at times even putting aside the ridiculous length. Looking forward to see how it pans out!

On a bit of the side note, could we get some more info on the ninja class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like a pretty fun class. I like the concept of DnD monks but in most computer adaptations they end up being pretty boring fighter-ish attack automatons, this looks like it mixes the playstyle up quite a bit.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's not exactly subtle. I mean why would you possibly have a reason to hide your alignment, being ashamed of being Good?

(to be fair, this is mostly down to the alignment system being stupid as hell but that's a whole different can of worms)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, since there's probably no way we're getting a Demon character (best music theme in the game, FIGHT ME), I'll say Zenic and Wenduag for purely selfish reasons - I beat the game as Azata, want to see something as different as possible.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 10, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i'm really surprised by how much wenduag voting there is! are folks goign for her b/c they've already done lann in their own playthroughs or does she just seem cooler?

TeeQueue posted:

I’ve heard “Thanks, Lann! No problem, Lann!” enough to want to throw that man out the window. :colbert:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

DoubleNegative posted:

If Seelah were to get a pet dog, what would she name it and why?
Mug.
e: Mugsy?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 13, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You know, I kinda like Cookie for the wolf.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Nordick posted:

Huh, I somehow managed to miss out on Radiance completely in my game, despite usually being very anal about exploring every location thoroughly.
I'll give you one better: I found it, used it until Seelah got something better, then promptly stashed it and forgot all about it. Needless to say, it remained a piece of junk until the end of the game.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 18, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

achtungnight posted:

You also forgot Ex-Paladin/Ex-Hellknight but he’s optional and who knows if we’re going to get him.
Also he's really bad, so it kinda proves the point. But yeah, I don't think Pathfinder has quite managed to shed earlier DnD's balance issues in that regard; some kind of magic is still a rather necessary part of most characters' toolkits.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Here's another vote for trying to keep Sir Not Appearing In This Game around. Regarding mercenaries, I'm going to be awfully pragmatic and suggest a bard of some kind; that way, you get a good buffer and some arcane magic in one neat package.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zeniel posted:

Eh I liked Greybor , they tended to whiff a bit and were a little slow, but they were perfectly serviceable.
They're incredibly slow, taking twice as long as anyone else to get into the melee. Can do a lot of damage once they're in position but setting it up is an exercise in frustration.

I wonder if a ranged build would work there.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SirFozzie posted:

The Tavern Fight in turnbased is much more relaxing/less problematic when you know a couple CC spells (pit and grease)
Yeah, but it still takes forever and a half.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think the current DLC is going to be the last, since they announced they'd do a definitive edition release afterwards.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Yapping Eevee posted:

Oh god, I just had flashbacks to Kreia from KotOR 2. I hope you're happy.
Kreia works as a character, though. Mostly because she's a villain.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, fear can do that. On the Azata path, you get a companion with an innate fear aura and it eventually becomes enough to overcome even the lategame enemies, which turns dungeons into single-encounter areas. I spent the final dungeon constantly switching between real time and turn based in order to at least make it move somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

AJ_Impy posted:

Owlcat voted with their feet and relocated to Cyprus.
Cyprus is a popular tax haven for Eastern European crooks. Half of Russia's wealthy banks there.