Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Oh god, this game. I love and hate it at the same time, some parts of it are awesome (music!), some are so loving tedious without cheating your way through 2137 mobs with artificialy inflated AC. Some mythic paths are great, some are an absolute joke. Crusade system isn't nearly as annoying as kingdom management in Kingmaker, but it's still not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
First of all, wonderful LP. I am waaaay to lazy and this game is waaaay to tedious for me to try all Mythic paths, and Trickster is one of those I never tried.

Some random thoughts.

- I hate how this game a) is borderline unplayable without Toybox b) has 2137 classes, but 90% of them is either underpowered or outright unplayable due to bugs or features not working. Together with Gothic, both Pathfinder games are definition of eurojunk.

- I think you are underselling Azata patch reducing it to "lol randumb stuff", it's more about being fantasy Antifa, "the power of friendship", "look, I have a dragon" and That One Fight. Not to mention that Song of Elysium is loving awesome.

- thank you for not being Camelia simp.

- I do not understand hate for backer quests. Blackwater (after nerf) is unironically one of the best dungeons in game. That one quest with drow is liiiiiitle bit marysue-ish, but nothing compared to that godawful backer poo poo from Kingmaker or Pillars of Eternity. Jernaugh quest is awesome.

- I'm pretty sure mercenaries guy has some quest connected to his Sad Background Story, and with Obvious Twist, no less.

- I love how Mutation Warrior is literally "ok, that's a witcher but we don't have copyrights"

quote:

Imagine legions of golems imbued with extraplanar spirits marching into battle. Imagine flying cities that swoop out of the clouds, like terrifying monstrous birds of prey, to drop forces on top of enemy castles. Picture gigantic mechanisms powered by captive — and very angry — demons and devils. Imagine standing in the warpath of walking citadels or having to cover your ears to block out the sound of cannons loaded with shrieking elementals.

I have to admit, it sounds cool, but I am a magitek guy, as you can see from me being Blackwater fan.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Slaan posted:

Only thing I've legit hated so far is the loving Fox Pyramid. Place is five hours of lovely puzzles you can't legitimately solve just before the end of the game. Never playing that side quest dungeon again

yup, it's almost as bad as final dungeon in Kingmaker. It amuses me how almost everyone hates puzzles in Owlcat games and they keep making more of them.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I like Ember, she's pretty good subversion of both "creepy little girl with supernatural powers" (because this time weird little girl uses her powers for good) and "yet another Avellone NPC" (young girl who is unquestionably good instead of old character with "there is literally no difference between good and evil, you moron, you fool" morality)

I think the only NPCs from WotR I don't like are Camilla and Sosiel, latter mostly because he's so bland. For comparision, NPCs from Kingmaker other than Nok-Nok sucked badly.

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 20, 2022

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Lord Koth posted:

I'm going to note here that Nok-Nok was Avellone's pet character for Kingmaker. And his quest line dances a bit uncomfortably on the "literally no difference" line too. So maybe you actually like Avellone characters? Or at least his modern style?

On the companions as a whole, assuming you're including them, you're one of the few people I've seen who doesn't like the DLC party members. For the rest I don't agree they're all bad, but there's definitely overall more mixed feelings about them in the community.

I couldn't believe Nok-Nok was Avellone's NPC. He was so much better than Kreia, Durance, Grieving Mother of whatever his new version of Ravel from P:T is called.

As for WotR, I really like Seelah for being rare case of paladin without 5 foot long pole in her rectum. Reminds me of "Order of the Stick" paladins (other than Miko).

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 21, 2022

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I love how we can accuse poor Curl of robbing corpses and literally one second later loot nearest fallen enemies ourselves.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Owlcat's view on what makes valid Lawful and Good dialogue options is... controversial sometimes.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

wiegieman posted:

They're recovering Russians (now based in Cyprus, aka Moscow-on-the-Med.) They're getting better.

I'm afraid they are based in Cyprus mostly for tax reasons. A lot of European companies does that. Technically Cyprus isn't a tax haven, but it still has lowest tax rate in EU.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Enhanced Edition is out, although it's kinda underwhelming in my opinion.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

quote:

This game is weird and buggy at times.

A.K.A. typical Slavic video game.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

achtungnight posted:

For explanation of Owlcat’s spyware debacle, well, they are a Russian game developer. I’ll leave it at that.
I mean, Pathologic 2 devs are both Russian and based (they condemned Russian invasion on Ukraine basically on day one and, from what I know, remain the only russian developer to do so - Owlcat went with "no politics" bullshit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

AJ_Impy posted:

Owlcat voted with their feet and relocated to Cyprus.

To avoid taxes, yes, CDPR did the same. Owlcat is still hiring in Moscow tho.