Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Looks like the nerds are doing some Big Science poo poo again. Whays going to happen, is ut gonna asplode the whole universe? Maybe. Is it going do something else? I dunn, im not really sure what it is even supposed to be doing, maybe so.eone can explain in the thread

The point is thay its name looks like large hardon collider which is very funny

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/05/1109742531/cern-large-hadron-collider

:swish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They're researching quantums, op

It's not going to blow up the universe. Almost definitely

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Every time they turn on the LHC it fucks with people's brains and gives them dementia, that's why things have been getting shittier since 2010.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Are they looking for specific stuff that's been predicted, or smashing things together and exploring the bits?

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Yaldabaoth posted:

Every time they turn on the LHC it fucks with people's brains and gives them dementia, that's why things have been getting shittier since 2010.

They've added a sign telling everyone to stop putting their head in the atom tube when there's an experiment on now so hopefully that'll stop happening

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
did it ever make those microscopic black holes that people were terrified about becoming a doorway to hell?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

did it ever make those microscopic black holes that people were terrified about becoming a doorway to hell?

No you are thinking about popular video game franchise Doom

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hell yeah let's collide some large hardons! :awesome::gizz:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

They're researching quantums, op

It's not going to blow up the universe. Almost definitely

They using the LHC to do time travel so they can take over the world I saw a documentary all about it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hell yeah let's collide some large hardons! :awesome::gizz:

i'd love to but my stimulus package ran out

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
god i hope it explodes me

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've got a quantum butthole and they're going to fire some atoms into my gape and see what happens

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Large Gaydron Collider

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm colliuding my hardon straight into your rear end :whatup:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPYu7Ln9oM

This plays as all the energy from the Large Gaydron Collider enters my body and I become Dr Manhattan

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sorry op i only wanna talk about frotting

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder what would happen if they loaded up a couple of pieces of poo poo in that thing. Or a piece of poo poo and a drop of piss. Or like a Cheeto and a booger. :thunkin:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

precision posted:

sorry op i only wanna talk about frotting

I recommend starting a thread titled "Large hardon collider ***about frotting not science"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GET YOURE LIMP DICK OUT OF MY rear end SCIENCE! :argh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i've got a quantum butthole and they're going to fire some atoms into my gape and see what happens

I always know where your butthole is or whether something is going in or out of it, but never both at once

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I just remembered one time they had to shut the LHC down because a bird dropped a baguette down one of its air vents lol

naem
May 29, 2011

quick reminder that staff at the particle collider pretended to ritually sacrifice someone which I find weirdly reassuring

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN_ritual_hoax

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

When hardons collide

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I wonder what would happen if they loaded up a couple of pieces of poo poo in that thing. Or a piece of poo poo and a drop of piss. Or like a Cheeto and a booger. :thunkin:

i work at the large hadron collider and the user manual explicitly forbids inserting poo poo and or piss into the machinery. boogers and cheetos are ok though.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Bloop posted:

When hardons collide

Powerman 5000s reboot album lookin good

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

naem posted:

quick reminder that staff at the particle collider pretended to ritually sacrifice someone which I find weirdly reassuring

You have to use aspects of the Trimurti if you're working with particles and atoms and stuff. That's just science. The Abrahamic traditions lack the fine control you need at the atomic scale.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whats the deal with Vics Vapodrops???? i mean Vics VapoRub is a good to jerk off with but i cant figure out how to use the VapoDrops to jerk off with???? i cant find any recourses online. i have cherry flavor if that makes a difference. plz help, tia :confused:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

god i hope it explodes me

i like your new mod icon. i asked for a while long ago to get something different, instead of the grenade. can we do that again?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
when one subatomic particle loves another subatomic particle veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrryy much, it c̷̳̀̈́̾̕o̵̺̐̍̾̑̊̓͑̏̄̊̈͝ĺ̶̖̪̱̗̄̊̿͒͂̈́͑̾̄͝͝ĺ̷̢͔͔̫̼̰̙̬̜͙̗͔͍̠̉͆̇̽̐̎̈̕͝͝͠å̷͖̣̳̫̮̫͖̼̦̼̳ṗ̶̡̠̣̤̦̠͑̆̉̽̇s̸͚̜̝̗̲͍̫̣̼̰̪͆̈́͛̈́̇́̓̅͑̈́̕̕͝͝ȇ̸̡̨͕̺͖̜̥͒̀̚s̸̨̛͕̬͔̺̭̤̜̱̬͕̞͋͊͐̈̀̊̃̓͐͆̀͜ ̸̱̺͙̝̒̆̐̌̕̚͝͝i̴̧̛̙̱̜̭͈̯̺̹͔͋͐̍́t̸̥̯̠̯͕̰̋̄̀4̶̙̻͓̇̊͊͆͆5̵̛̦͚̘̝̙͍͕̌̔̄͗͋͆̈́͘s̸̲͍̜̺͖͚͍̻̠̫̄̏̌̌̌̕͜ ̶̠́̾̈́̈́͒̑̐͋̍͋͝ͅẅ̷̢͍͓̠̺͇̙̅v̸͎̪̝̙̫̣̘͇̑̎̽͝ŗ̸̣͕̙̩̹͎͙̐͗͛͒͠͝͠k̴̨͓̙̪̰͖̹̭̊̾̇̉̋͋͗́͝4̴̳͕̭͔̣̺̬͕̿̔͂̍̏̅̽̆́̈́̓̽̚͘͝-̵͎̦̟̮͙̝̞̙͖̹͋̈͐̒̈̍̀͒͋͘ͅ ̸̺̪͚̦̭̜̹̮̈́̽̂̂̒̾̐̔̊i̷̳̜͍̗̘̯̞̤͉̫̗̞̙͜͝=̷̛͔̂̍̎̍̆̈́̊̔͝͝/̸̤̖́̊̈́͒̋̈͝ͅ ̵̨̛̮͊̉̎̈͑̌̉͋̿͝+̷̢̮̤̗̖̘̖̰̖͎̥͕̂̍̑ͅͅ-̸̧̼̫̞͔͔̰̰̭͈̼̼̊̂̿͂͝0̷̫̰̉́̽͂͝.̶̛̮̄̽̆̔̚

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

naem posted:

right. "pretended". sure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The LHC was built to search for the smallest particles in the universe and they found OP’s dick & balls lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I hope they make some stranglets that consume the earth op.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The LHC was built to search for the smallest particles in the universe and they found OP’s dick & balls lol

i think op is a girl, op

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Imagine coming up with such a lovely theory that the only way of figuring out if it was right or not was to build a huge trillion dollar machine and then after a few decades when it's done it's like "yeah guess it was more or less right what do we do now?" "Dunno, build a bigger machine maybe? I dunno :shrug: "

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
scientists keep dancing aroun the truth: the fundamental unit of reality is not a bit of matter, or a particle, it is information

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

scientists keep dancing aroun the truth: the fundamental unit of reality is not a bit of matter, or a particle, it is information

Its human life. Which is all we have.

The fundamental element of reality is our existence and anything else is entertainment at best.

The stars are and should always be a dream.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Its human life. Which is all we have.

The fundamental element of reality is our existence and anything else is entertainment at best.

The stars are and should always be a dream.

every day i realize that i was born this morning and i'll die when i go to sleep. the "me" of tomorrow will be a stranger in my own body. today is all "i" actually have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I really want to dangle my balls right where the 2 particles collide