Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Collide this!!
:synpa:
ㅤㅤ :dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Its human life. Which is all we have.

The fundamental element of reality is our existence and anything else is entertainment at best.

The stars are and should always be a dream.

This would suck because it means reality would become a reflection of humanity's lovely beliefs and moral codes, and then simply cease to exist when the last human dies instead of finally being free.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

precision posted:

scientists keep dancing aroun the truth: the fundamental unit of reality is not a bit of matter, or a particle, it is piss

Agreed

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
imagine the dogs doobie could have popped out with a vent hood as powerful as lhc

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flubber nuts posted:

i work at the large hadron collider and the user manual explicitly forbids inserting poo poo and or piss into the machinery. boogers and cheetos are ok though.

What about a purse full of tampons and big floppy dildo? :thunk:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Good morning, and welcome to the CERN transit system. This automated train is provided for the safety and convenience of the LHC research facility personnel. The time is 08:47. The outside temperature is 34°C with an estimated high of 40°C. The LHC compound is maintained at a pleasant 20°C at all times.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Yaldabaoth posted:

instead of finally being free.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

every day i realize that i was born this morning and i'll die when i go to sleep. the "me" of tomorrow will be a stranger in my own body. today is all "i" actually have.

going from moment to moment it's only due to your memory telling you there is a continuous experience - a 'you' that persists through time - that you believe that there is an "i" for today, even. all you really ever have is the current moment

and even that, if you imagine slowing down time enough, light takes a measurable amount of time to travel from one part of your brain to another, it's not a singular cohesive whole but a tremendous amount of different bits that work together well enough to allow an illusion to paper over the cracks and present a unified self. so even in the current moment there is no "i"

*sticks head back into LHC beam*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hard on like a boner lol :swish:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

dr.acula posted:

I really want to dangle my balls right where the 2 particles collide

the two infinitesimal particles colliding are you're balls op!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we don’t allow particle collisions in this house, mom’s rule

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just a couple bros hanging out doing bro stuff, MAYBE our hadrons collide a little bit by accident, that kinda stuff happens all the time no big deal bro

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
gettin' higgsy with it

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
HOG collider (Hadron Of Girth)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

It’s actually a tiny hardon collider and they just talk about how large it is to compensate because they’re insecure. You’re not fooling anyone, euro-nerds.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish the hadron collider made funny sounds while it was running

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Our reality will crash like a lovely videogame due to us loving around with the source code with the LHC.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What about a turbo graphics 16 and a sega game gear? Would that result in an even more convenient and colorful portable gaming system? Tell me science. :allears:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Prof. Crocodile posted:

It’s actually a tiny hardon collider and they just talk about how large it is to compensate because they’re insecure. You’re not fooling anyone, euro-nerds.

It's a grower hard-on collider not a shower hardon collider :argh:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I heard a theory that 6 years ago when a weasel got into it and broke it temporarily, it actually created an alternate reality that the whole world shifted into, and that's why Trump got elected and the coronavirus happened and all the other crazy poo poo happened.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

...therefore saving our reality from a devastating nuclear war leading to the demise of humanity.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

How do we know it's not just a super cool waterslide and all the science stuff is just made up bullshit?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I bet it’s a sex thing. It’s always a sex thing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i f*cking love s*x

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Just a couple bros hanging out doing bro stuff, MAYBE our hadrons collide a little bit by accident, that kinda stuff happens all the time no big deal bro

its only gay if the protons touch

(does this joke make sense i am very stupid about science :ohdear: )

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've heard that once they do enough quantums cryptography won't work anymore, so get ready for everyone being able to see your search history.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

precision posted:

its only gay if the protons touch

(does this joke make sense i am very stupid about science :ohdear: )

If the protons touch they explode and make a big sticky mess all over each other.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
ugh, gluons everywhere

naem
May 29, 2011

I for one welcome out new weasel overlaords

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bula Vinaka posted:

I heard a theory that 6 years ago when a weasel got into it and broke it temporarily, it actually created an alternate reality that the whole world shifted into, and that's why Trump got elected and the coronavirus happened and all the other crazy poo poo happened.

the actual, no poo poo truth of the matter, which i figured out in 1992, is that every time you have deja vu you are becoming conscious of the fact that there are an infinite number of "you"s which all exist in the same space-time as the "you" you think of as you. you are "remembering the present"

if you "jerk" yourself out of the deja vu, it causes the "you" that you experience to "shift" into one of the other universes

now, this is some powerful magic, but it's super unpredictable. for years i would "jump" every time i got deja vu, at random, and i mean, look at the one i've ended up in. not just globally, but my own life, you know, this universe is fuckin' awful! so shift responsibly

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Quantum jerk yourself into a better reality

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I bet hardon collider was built specifically to harness that energy and prevent you from doing such acts of magick like levitating the white house with good vibes or quantum leaping :tinfoil:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The quantum jerk store called. They've got infinite yous.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
probably! :mad:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bula Vinaka posted:

If by ‘weasel’ you are referring to Dr. Horst Fischbach of the University of Vienna, then you are correct. loving hate that guy.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

precision posted:

every day i realize that i was born this morning and i'll die when i go to sleep. the "me" of tomorrow will be a stranger in my own body. today is all "i" actually have.

Sir, drivethrough, etc.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Poohs Packin posted:

Sir, drivethrough, etc.

then where are my fries?!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The LHC created two branching realities: One where I have a large hard on and one where I don't.

naem
May 29, 2011

that weasels name was Albert EinstAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

I've heard that once they do enough quantums cryptography won't work anymore, so get ready for everyone being able to see your search history.

Lol if you think this isn't already the case