Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I know what you searched last cummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YyyyyeeeeeaaHhhppp, yep fellas, I’m actually too girthy for that piece of poo poo. *cracks knuckles, farts*

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
the hardon collider caused an explosion that damaged the Georgia Guidestones!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

YyyyyeeeeeaaHhhppp, yep fellas, I’m actually too girthy for that piece of poo poo. *cracks knuckles, farts*

:swish:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Moon Monster posted:

I've heard that once they do enough quantums cryptography won't work anymore, so get ready for everyone being able to see your search history.

Once everyone's searches are exposed, none of us have to pretend to be respectable anymore.

The truth shall set us free.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I love it when hardons collide!!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

satanic splash-back posted:

I love it when hardons collide!!

The fake sacrificing ceremony was a cover, what the scientists are really doing at CERN is having penis jousting contests. The truth was hidden in the name all along.

naem
May 29, 2011

I sure hope they don’t find out how much it is that I like hot naked women

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hook the Large Hardon Collander up with that new AI art program and lets get some stonkin hot procedural quantum pr0n.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

Hook the Large Hardon Collander up with that new AI art program and lets get some stonkin hot procedural quantum pr0n.

dall D

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
look at this piggs huge bosons: the piggs boson website

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder what flavor those quarks are haha what do you think they taste like haha

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I read a book where a LHC-type machine causes the zombie apocalypse. The particle acceleration ripped a hole into another dimension full of immaterial Sumerian demons, who could possess and re-animate any dead thing with an intact brain. The demon could then access any knowledge that the brain knew.

You ended up with zombies that could drive, use guns, and plan ambushes. Animal zombies act as scouts or spies. I remember one scene where a bunch of survivors had holed up in a fortified police station. They had been able to hold off the zombies until several of them suicide-bombed through the barricades with backpack bombs.

So if LHC experiments can somehow hasten the end of the human race, then I fully support it.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If you built a machine that could collide two turgid rock hard throbbing boners together at near the speed of light would it create a black hole or a nuclear explosion or like coalesce into a series of increasingly smaller more subtle boners

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

The Zombie Guy posted:

I read a book where a LHC-type machine causes the zombie apocalypse. The particle acceleration ripped a hole into another dimension full of immaterial Sumerian demons, who could possess and re-animate any dead thing with an intact brain. The demon could then access any knowledge that the brain knew.

You ended up with zombies that could drive, use guns, and plan ambushes. Animal zombies act as scouts or spies. I remember one scene where a bunch of survivors had holed up in a fortified police station. They had been able to hold off the zombies until several of them suicide-bombed through the barricades with backpack bombs.

So if LHC experiments can somehow hasten the end of the human race, then I fully support it.

Very suspicious poster The Zombie Guy!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Zombie Guy posted:

Monstre by Duncan Swan?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Monstre by Duncan Swan?

The Rising by Brian Keene.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine if the LHC stopped mid experiment and restarted.

Because of Windows updates lol!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

syntaxfunction posted:

:swish:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whoa whoa, hey-a, fellas, this isn’t the SMALL hardon collider huh? :jerkbag:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

syntaxfunction posted:

That's why they run Linux on most of it :eng101:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

The quantum jerk store called. They've got infinite yous.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Animal-Mother posted:

the hardon collider caused an explosion that damaged the Georgia Guidestones!!!

And the former PM of Japan was just assassinated, I warned you people that turning on the LHC fucks with reality and people's brains.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Huh that's weird, these pencil necks oughta turn it on and off again and see if it helps

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Its funny how the science now will be the leaches or Aristarchus of Samos of its time

Yet you still have an ego

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Huh that's weird, these pencil necks oughta turn it on and off again and see if it helps

That will just revive the former PM as a zombie.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
An artificial intelligence being told me the other day that you couldnt even kill one person with LHC. hosed up if true.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

They should see how fast they can accelerate a potato.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, including the size and mass of the potato, as well as the strength of the Large Hadron Collider's magnets. Generally speaking, however, the Large Hadron Collider is capable of accelerating particles to very high speeds, so it is likely that it could accelerate a potato to a very high speed as well.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

numberoneposter posted:

Mr Potato Head’s origin story finally gets a gritty modern reboot

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Alchemist posted:

There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, including the size and mass of the potato, as well as the strength of the Large Hadron Collider's magnets. Generally speaking, however, the Large Hadron Collider is capable of accelerating particles to very high speeds, so it is likely that it could accelerate a potato to a very high speed as well.
All I'm asking for is like a 400 mph spud cannon.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Potatoes Au Quark-Gluon Plasma

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

maybe a super sonic potato is a bit hopeful, but we are living in exciting times for science and putting luxury convertibles into orbit

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

numberoneposter posted:

maybe a super sonic potato is a bit hopeful, but we are living in exciting times for science and putting luxury convertibles into orbit

How did potato get all the chaos emeralds?? :swish:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Which is the greater achievement, the Large Hardon Collider or the James Woods Space Telescope? Think of the things we will learn!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

All I'm asking for is like a 400 mph spud cannon.

Some friends and I made a potato cannon that with enough combustion would launch one like 400 yards. We know because we fired a few from the back deck towards the school about 400 yards away and found potato splatter on the walls the next day.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah but can it run DOOM

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nooner posted:

How did potato get all the chaos emeralds?? :swish:

hard work and a positive outlook on life :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

yeah but can it run DOOM

It will rip open a portal to a hell dimension and we'll get to play DOOM for real.