Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sounds like you shouldn't be one country...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Raluek posted:

ok, but where do you draw the line? just give up on anyone who live in a state ruled by shitheads? are there any that aren't?

Maybe you can use population density, have a bunch of city states.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I can't understand anything he says anymore, so maybe he did, maybe he didn't? Who can really tell?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Abom seems apolitical, but his modern videos do nothing for me. I mean good for him for leaning into the youtube stuff and getting a new shop, but it's getting to feel a bit "look at all my new stuff" vs the earlier "here's how you make this part and how you use these tools".

Now there's another guy I found on youtube called Fitzee and that guy's stuff is just exactly what I'm looking for. Highly recommended for anyone doing bodywork and dealing with rust. Does almost everything with basic tools:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JPmJ_aicru8XPWr3EvJnw

I sure hope he doesn't post anything chuddy in the future, so far he's been just good tips and tricks though. A big reccomend from me.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I guess that's Newfoundland for you. Never heard anyone from there speak AFAIK

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

If you like EV stuff, particularly conversions (using parts from scrapped nissan leafs) and modifications (modifying a nissan leaf motor with a new inverter for lots of extra power and doing some hacking) this local youtuber seems interesting, haven't gotten any chuddy vibes off him, infact his stated motivation is a concern for the environment:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DalasEVRepair

He's the most local youtuber I know off, like 30-40km from my house.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

lilbeefer posted:

I dont know much about whistlin diesel (probably a chud) but I do know he destroyed two R32 GTRs for clout, which is loving awful

He ruined a really loving nice 80's hilux for laughs. What a shithole.

He definitely gave off bad vibes before even seeing one of his videos to completion.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Don't get me wrong, I think the dudes a fuckwit and I don't care for mindless destruction either, but it's a little weird seeing people be precious about a few Hilux's. They've built almost 20 million of them and they're being run into the ground around the world every day.

Well it really loving bugged me since I'm on the lookout for an 80s hilux and then I got to see such a prime example preserved so well, and this slack jawed fucker just ruins it. But thinking on it, I don't tihnk I'd care for it regardless of what car it was. At least those other cars being run down are put to a practical use.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

E85 conversion for me, can't discount not having to build a new car even if E85 isn't non-problematic as well.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Darchangel posted:

Propane or methane if corn squeezin's become a problem.

They can make it from wood products like sawdust and scrap now too.

The local government (more like publically owned corporation that handles the regions waste) make biomethane from the collected household waste of this region and there are multiple fuel stations nearby. So you can run your car on locally sourced and produced gas and it's about half the cost of gas. But a conversion is pricier than my car. The nearby citys buses have ran on it for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

All I've heard is there where sometimes issues with getting enough fuel which meant supplementing with CNG, so that's why they've expanded the system for collecting biowaste from households. Unfortunately they decided this means everyone would have another bin to empty and that means more expensive pickups. So like 50% of households opted out by buying an insulated aero composter and doing their own composting instead.