Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tomarse posted:

Someone needs to do an effort post about Richard from BOM/Project Binky who is also a bit of a twat and you might not want to give him your money or views.

https://twitter.com/richardbrunning/status/1461797728443371520

Richard at least sees nothing wrong with a near-child traveling interstate to go murder protesters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The one that honestly surprised me - in the good column - is Matt Farah. I would've figured a white male Youtuber who primarily focuses on luxury vehicles, has sponsorships from luxury lifestyle brands, and built a bougie parking garage in the middle of LA as being chud all the way down.

He's come a long way in the form of recognizing how his privilege is a big part of why he's where he is, owning problematic things he's said in the past, and doing better as he goes forward.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

I have a suspicion that Jason Cammisa is no longer with Motor Trend for Lieberman reasons. Hopefully it’s for normal reasons and not chudly reasons.

The most political tweets I can find from him are one with a Der Spiegel cover making fun of Trump and another one reminding people to just vote for Biden so... at least not horribly problematic.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrChips posted:

Not sure about Freiburger, he keeps his politics out of his content by and large, but he's a middle-aged man who chain-smokes cigars and told everyone following him on Instagram to go read the Declaration of Independence on the 4th; read into that what you will.

I started rolling back my follows on Freiburger just because I got tired of all of his whataboutism on EVs. I don't think I saw anything full on problematic, just... dense.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

As Nero Danced posted:

For Freiburger, I remember him complaining constantly about "Obama gas" because California (where Obama never set policy) had more ethanol content and it was more expensive than the rest of the country (where Obama theoretically did set policy).

Some definite boomerbrain assigning blame for that to a president, but it is annoying that E0 is effectively nonexistent in states that get their fuel primarily from California.

More annoying in AZ is that E85 is also difficult to come by.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Beverly Cleavage posted:

This one is borderline for me. He's definitely got a bit of a conservative tint to his views, but I don't think RB is a chud, nor does he seem to advertise it blatantly/too much. It's at least minor enough that I haven't stopped watching their content... yet.

I could certainly be wrong and if there's more evidence to that end, I'd love to see it.

I could have sworn there was a much more blatantly pro-Rittenhouse tweet that came out around the time but he seems to have deleted it. It was enough to get me to stop watching.

At any rate this tweet is in response to people saying that Rittenhouse was somehow acting in self defense in a situation he put himself into and that's a pretty loving clear sign of chud.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the poi posted:

Oh no, is Tony a chud? Or just destructive—I’m ok with that.

I can't recall Tony saying anything actually political one way or the other, but I recall him being vocally pro-mask early on in the pandemic.

He's just incredibly good at blowing up cars, especially if it's Finnegan's Blasphemi.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Pease tell me the Donut Media people are not chuds. I dont know that I could take finding out that James Pumphrey is an rear end in a top hat

I'd be absolutely shocked if they were, because they did a pretty fair take on the Dale scandal, including a straight up "gently caress you, Tucker Carlson" in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5G9qhdPO4Q

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The energy level in some of their videos is hard for my old man brain to keep up with but it seems like they've evened that out a bit as time goes on. They're certainly easier to watch than Hoonigan's builds with shakycam jumpcuts every five seconds.

Also, their high/low Subaru series has been great because they keep getting the authentic WRX ownership experience.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Nolan from Donut seems to be good and cool:

You missed the best one:
https://twitter.com/nolanjsykes/status/1599883924867801088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It looks like they already pulled the ep, but haven't really responded otherwise.