Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Damnit. I'm probably in denial. Really enjoyed their content, that said the big project is essentially done so no better time to cut the cord.

Is that one of the guys working on Binky? How old is that photo, because it looks almost nothing like him

IDK how much it matters because it's a smallish auto repair channel, but South Main Auto is pretty chudded up. I mean it's pretty clear he rolls conservative, what with some 2A decorations around the shop and a very strong trad vibe (talking about teaching his kids they have to work in that particular way where you know he has a lot of opinions about anyone who thinks there should be a social safety net or things in that arena).

Then one day he signal boosted another channel that had merch that said "make freedom legal" and at least one video talking about how CRT is communism and destroying America, so I had to nope out at that point. A shame, because he's a fantastic technician and amazing to watch at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That's a shame, I really liked his repair videos because he showed the reality of working on old rust-damaged cars. I could tell he was conservative but there's conservative in ways that I can put up with even as a massive leftie and there's conservative in ways that threaten/invalidate people's existence, and that channel he signal boosted is the latter.

Yeah exact same. I mean there's nothing wrong with being able to defend yourself or having a strong work ethic, although that certainly gets that dog whistle overtone pretty quick. I ignored all of that until you get into how acknowledging that America is built on some hosed up concepts is actually racism against me, a white male.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
IDK, that signal boost was enough for me. Haven't watched since. That was at least a year or maybe even two ago.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

sharkytm posted:

Not that it matters in this case, but 2A doesn't always mean right wing. As the saying goes "if you go far enough left, you get your guns back". Agree with the 2A or not, but be aware that there are lots of progressives who are into firearms. Black women and LGBTQIA folks have been buying lots of guns the past few years, for obvious reasons. Come on over to TFR and see.

The SMA guy can get bent.

Oh I know that, but right wingers hump the 2A in a different way (and usually more vocally). It's not 100% but if it's not coupled with a clear statement of some sort of progressive values I view it with a jaundiced eye.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
wow, they sure showed all us liberal snowflakes how hypersensitive we are. i have been owned

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Large Testicles posted:

Lol I love when some old rear end reg conservative barges into a conversation and starts complaining about how the site is now so woke. Didn't we run most of you off years ago?

I think the difference is a lot of them used to be quieter and/or less radicalized. The discourse is so poisoned now that they can't stop erupting at every perceived slight

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Ah gently caress for real? C'mon Ken, don't be a loving shithead.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Hoovie is a rich failson who inherited his grandad's franchise. IDK if he's a prick but he's definitely someone who tries way too hard to be "just one of the guys".

Wizard kinda pissed me off when he got super sniffy about some 20 year old turbo Beetle and went in on the previous owners for being neglectful monsters. Like bro, not everyone has their own shop and there's a HIGH chance that this was the only car they could afford and could probably not afford to keep it in top condition. Get off your high horse.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
MCM also had the good fortune to get in early. As has been mentioned it was just them farting around and recording because they could. The earliest videos are literally just them disassembling cars in Marty's mom's driveway. The fact that they both work in TV/film was a huge advantage too - they already had the gear and skills to make decent videos long before it was even a thing a youtube (for the most part)

edit: plant tubers lol

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 24, 2022

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

all time banger

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Sounds good to me, but I am also part of the loony left. so

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I don't have any taste for destruction these days. Just getting old I guess. Hagerty crushed a WRX recently, and it was totally justified - the frame was swiss cheese. I still just didn't want to see it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
whoa, the legacy rich kid from kansas is lovely? that's out of left field

and yeah, his videos stopped being interesting or fun a while ago for me. sometime around when he got 25k of garage lifts for free because youtube or whatever

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

wzm posted:

At the tail end of 2020 Finnegan went in on this as the soundtrack for some of his videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQlP6lTSfs.

ugh. just ugh

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Ok Comboomer posted:

shhhh…don’t worry about it

https://youtu.be/wzT989FLPMU

i have no idea what you're driving at here

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Ok Comboomer posted:

my intent isn’t to downplay the rise in overt right wing politics over the past few years,

Ok Comboomer posted:

shhhh…don’t worry about it

https://youtu.be/wzT989FLPMU
uh huh

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
"I've been caught contradicting myself while trying to backpedal so now I'm gonna try and make it your issue" lmao

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Ok Comboomer posted:

speaking of Hagerty:

I think it's fair, the Carlton was a monster but there was a looooooot of classism mixed in from the bourgeoisie because poors could afford it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Yeah I don't think rich is full chud or whatever but he's got a weird vibe. Maybe I've just been away from Massachusetts for too long

speaking of sick rear end electric swaps https://youtu.be/Gs6YRANUR-c