Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Thor saved the day, the abandoned, poor, suffering man was stopped in his quest to murder the indifferent rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Gods are not analogous to a race, they're the rich. The whole Zeus scene makes that pretty blunt.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yes we should eat the rich

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

In this Interconnected Fictional Universe the Gods had 30 something movies to help out or make anything marginally better for regular people and Thor himself is literally the only one shown to care. All others are shown to be actively bad or totally indifferent, even when it's their own club being targeted.

So yes the universe is better off without them even if Chris Hemsworth is nice.

Even within this one specific movie: Thor lets the blue people and the crow people slaughter each other until the time's right to make a Cool Guy Entrance. That's pretty lovely too

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 15, 2022

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

If there's a group of Good Gods out there maybe at least one should have volunteered to help Thor.

The crow people fight has its own gross subtext too, "without the gods/rich, undesirables will flood your neighborhoods." Of course they're shown to be inhuman, incapable of speech, and with no motive other than destruction.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I didn't even know about the post credits scene I didn't stick around

Anyway it would have been fun in this action movie to show Gor The Gods Butcher actually fighting gods other than Thor.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

AlternateAccount posted:

Gorr wishing for all gods to become mortal would have been a cooler punishment.

This would have been good, and then would be immediately followed up by Thor getting his god status back in the next crossover movie and never be mentioned again

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I believe Thor 1 was the horniest of the Thor movies and, therefore, the best of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Xealot posted:

It's mostly absurd that a source of "queer representation" in the MCU involves a CG rock person.

Yeah, Valkyrie will never have an onscreen romance but we've got... This? I guess?