Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

I think Nathan is legit great in this. It's clear that he doesn't have a ton of range so they built the entire character around that and it fits perfectly. He feels like he's constantly struggling to figure out what it's like to be a human being, and every scene with him is like a prolonged panic attack.

I agree, I was surprised at how good he was doing the angry breakdown on the reporter on episode 1. Not something I was expecting from him.

Khanstant posted:

Saw on Nathan Instagram there were noted similarities between a trailer for Anyone But You and some promo for The Curse. Apparently they made this promo 6 months ago and thinks Sony Marketing might've seen it and copied it, but isn't pursuing legal action and has booked tickets to the screening of Anyone But You to support the folks working on that.

Someone should hire Paul T. Goldman to investigate this trailer theft, it seems like the sort of nefarious crime his ex-wife would be behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"I wanna apologize for all the times I bullied you when we were kids."

"What do you mean? We were just having fun."

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Khanstant posted:

That was incredible framing.

No babe, the protester is at the center… the militias are off to the side!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Also loved the dynamic of Cara and Dougie.

"You shouldn't smoke, those things are disgusting."

"Well, there's a lot about you that disgusts me, so...."

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"So uh, if I wanted one of your men to take their shirt off, is that a conversation I should have, or just bring it up to you...?"

Also laughed really hard at the station losing power thanks to their lovely HGTV renovations.

And probably the most tense chiropractor scene I've ever seen.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tim and Eric have done a ton of commercials, probably more than most people realize. A few years ago during the pandemic they did a fundraising thing where they showed off all their ads with commentary. Off the top of my head they did stuff for Old Spice, Totino's, Purple Mattresses, and a number of ads for one of the Saint's Row games (which they didn't even play) including a full live action episode of the Professor Genki game show. There are others I'm forgetting, and I think Eric has also done a few on his own without Tim's involvement (he also was just in some pizza commercial, though not sure if he did more than just act in it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lPX5b9m7ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyn6g6JFkIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGyKFJFk1ow

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Go get ‘em, girl!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

A rare moment of support for the Tomatometer here.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Its not HGTV but it's adjacent, the Asher/Whitney stuff gives me the vibes of a Food Network show from around 15 years ago called Down Home with the Neelys which followed a married couple and they were just so totally saccharine, but it had huge ratings. After five years the show ended abruptly because it came out the couple weren't getting along, had been about to get a divorce, but their show got picked up and since their relationship was central, they got trapped into faking a marriage that had been about to collapse for the benefit of Food Network viewers for half a decade.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wungus posted:

They finally find a great buyer for a house; a man who graduated from Canadian business school with pretty good grades. Asher becomes enamored and leaves Whitney for him.

HGTV passes on Green Queen in favor of Ghost Realtor.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Medullah posted:

oh man I just realized...they're "flipping" houses...show ends with a house "flipped" in a manner of speaking

And his name is Siegel, and the show ends with him flying off like a seagull.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

the sky's the limit for this kind of wordplay

The sky is the limit... but if anyone could see my pants... they would know that this guy... has... a limit?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Comrade Fakename posted:

I turned around on this show when I realised it was a sequel to Neon Genesis Evangelion set in an alternate future where Shinji and Asuka were middle-aged and had got married.

Basically I want a cut of the finale where Komm, süsser Tod starts playing once the branch is cut.

Seriously though, I wonder how much of this is autobiographical? One of the only things we know about Nathan is that he got divorced recently - I don’t think it’s a stretch to imagine that Asher and Whitney’s relationship is an exaggerated version of Nathan and his ex-wife’s. Both Nathan and Asher produce and star in what, from a production standpoint, are both essentially reality TV shows. Maybe the anti-gravity is an interpretation of Nathan feeling like he was literally yeeted from the marriage.

I mean, Nathan for You did have the episode where he asks a priest to remove the curse giving him a small penis.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

the "Eric" referenced here is Notarnicola, writer for NFY and The Rehearsal

And more importantly the director of On Cinema.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Benny ditched his brother as collaborator for Nathan lol I think they'll work together again..

Brother cucking? Brutal even for Asher.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Lister posted:

s2 takes place a few years later when their child is a toddler with nathan's face super imposed on it Little Man style

This is giving me Baby Colin Robinson flashbacks, though I would be willing to bet that a hypothetical Fielder take on it would be better than what we got in that season of WWDITS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

gurragadon posted:

Final episode was just a dream sequence and the story continues.

It’s “the green dream or whatever.”